Sign in to follow this  
PTLSALZ

ZTE Racer - Launcher crashing

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but not to mobile phones though :P - I just installed Dolphin browser to my ZTE racer and it keeps crashing the launcher eversince. The phone is not rooted neither it has recovery installed. I am just wondering what's the best way to wipe the phone and install new ROM. At the moment, nothing is accessible and I cannot get to the settings menu to change/uninstall anything.

I''d really appreciate any help.. I am new to this racer phone and dont know anything about how to access built in recoveries etc etc. Please help me:)

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but not to mobile phones though :P - I just installed Dolphin browser to my ZTE racer and it keeps crashing the launcher eversince. The phone is not rooted neither it has recovery installed. I am just wondering what's the best way to wipe the phone and install new ROM. At the moment, nothing is accessible and I cannot get to the settings menu to change/uninstall anything.

I''d really appreciate any help.. I am new to this racer phone and dont know anything about how to access built in recoveries etc etc. Please help me:)

Cheers

yippy - i figured out myself - hehehe

here is what I figured.

1) download android SDK from here http://developer.htc.com/google-io-device.html - install it

2) download fastboot.exe and copy in program files/android/platform tools directory - make sure it has adpwinapi.dll in that directory.

3) run cmd.exe in admin mode

4) goto the above mentioned directory

5) turn your phone off - take the battery off - put it back in - press power while holding the vol-up key - it should be stuk on green android sign now.

6) plugin the usb to your pc/laptop

7) run this command - from cmd prompt - fastboot -w

thought i should share it with everyone

cheers

salz