[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest LFC383

Has anyone had any problems once they've installed the GPS fix as I've just installed it and the phone now crash loops between the boot animation and the lock/unlock screen. I've managed to reflash V5 again and its all back and working but didn't know if anyone else had a problem with the GPS fix??

Edited by LFC383

Guest dafreaking

Ok Problem Solved!!!

Reformatted and Re-partitioned using Partition Wizard

1st Partition 14.something GB FAT 32 Primary

2nd Partition 1.01 GB EXT3 Primary

In clockwork mount sd-ext and unmount sd-ext, Reboot!

Guest robinhud2010

Hey Psyloid, isnt there a way to port CM settings into the leaked gingerbread rom. It has a perfectly working fm radio too. Only thing holding me back is OC and lack of CM customisations and theming. It would make a perfect v6... :)

Guest Psyloid

Dear users,

I will NOT make a V6 of this rom anymore, V5 will be the last.

Why? I have moved on to the new leaked ZTE 2.3.4 Rom for rombuilding,

because its much better tweaked to our system than CM7 (IMO)

Tonight i will upload the first version of my new rom "Blue Ginger"

you can either stick with green V5 or go to Blue ginger, if you move on though,

you will need to do a full wipe. at the moment some things are better than CM7,

like headphones volume, GPS, .35 kernel, wifi, ...

other things are missing still : overclocking, notification power control, crt off animation, reboot menu, ...

so it's up to you to choose what is more important !

Thanks for all the support so far

Psyloid :)

Edited by Psyloid

Guest MikeWalsh

I have a GEN1 San Fran that I bought second hand and it came with a January Modaco firmware.

I want to upgrade it to a more responsive and stable firmware and of all the ROMS, I think the Green V5 is the most stable and tuned of any. Is this right?

So I've never upgraded a phone before and have been trying to figure out the path of how I do this from all the threads.

Is this what I need to do:

- Grab the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT file from here, put it on my SD Card, put the CM Green V5 image also on the card and do the boot button trick and then it's done???

Or do I need to somehow do things with clockwork?

Or should I just use a different ROM?

Thank you!!!!

what a shame :) your rom is the best to be honest.

I/we would be pleased if you could keep proving more roms like this till the leaked one is completely tweaked (just like cm7 ones!).

Thanks for everything, cheers

Guest dafreaking
Dear users,

I am sure the guys at CM will adopt the fixes from the 'official' Gingerbread into CM7. Can't wait for a souped up super ROM from you.

Cheers

Guest wishmasterf
FM radio screws up touchscreen sometimes, you need to turn screen on/off to get it back working

Ok thats not nice......

Guest Psyloid
I am sure the guys at CM will adopt the fixes from the 'official' Gingerbread into CM7. Can't wait for a souped up super ROM from you.

Cheers

don't be sad ppl. i'm testing the new rom now and i already like it better. did i mention it has usb tethering :) wohoo. i will change the things myself to make it a bit more cm like.

Guest ufizo
don't be sad ppl. i'm testing the new rom now and i already like it better. did i mention it has usb tethering :) wohoo. i will change the things myself to make it a bit more cm like.

If this were facebook, I would have clicked the like button for this post B)

Guest Carbonize

The main reason I use Cyanogen Mod is for the player controls on the lock screen. If you can replicate that in Blue Ginger then you can count me in. As to over clocking I'm sure someone will make one of the existing kernels work with it if they don't already.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
The main reason I use Cyanogen Mod is for the player controls on the lock screen. If you can replicate that in Blue Ginger then you can count me in. As to over clocking I'm sure someone will make one of the existing kernels work with it if they don't already.

Add to that the AOSP dialer and you can count on me too. :)

Guest Redflake

Looking forward to trying Blue ginger. Have already tried ginger stir fry and to me its better than CM7 for daily use.

I can see a blue theme coming.

Carbonize: winamp as its own lockscreen control. Not perfect though.

Guest Carbonize

Yes I know as does PowerAmp and a couple of others but I'd sooner just use the built in player and the others only show on lockscreen if you are already playing when the lock comes on. I need it until RunKeeper get their act together and add music playing to their app.

@CaptainSpectacular - Yes the ZTE dialer is a bit naff but thankfully most roms use the AOSP one.

Guest wishmasterf
Dear users,

Tonight i will upload the first version of my new rom "Blue Ginger"

you can either stick with green V5 or go to Blue ginger, if you move on though,

you will need to do a full wipe. at the moment some things are better than CM7,

like headphones volume, GPS, .35 kernel, wifi, ...

other things are missing still : overclocking, notification power control, crt off animation, reboot menu, ...

so it's up to you to choose what is more important !

Thanks for all the support so far

Bad news for me. i will stay with green and wait if the problems get fixed in leaked rom. The source of the .35 have to be release so we will see the features in cm7.x. So i will wait and see.

As i see the base of the new rom will be given up. See this post for more information. i hope you will return to cm7 sometimes.

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest JayGB1982

Same here, I was about to flash this as I was using it previously but now it's no longer supported I'll switch to something else...

Any reccomendations?

Guest m3g4tr0n
I have a GEN1 San Fran that I bought second hand and it came with a January Modaco firmware.

I want to upgrade it to a more responsive and stable firmware and of all the ROMS, I think the Green V5 is the most stable and tuned of any. Is this right?

So I've never upgraded a phone before and have been trying to figure out the path of how I do this from all the threads.

Is this what I need to do:

- Grab the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT file from here, put it on my SD Card, put the CM Green V5 image also on the card and do the boot button trick and then it's done???

Or do I need to somehow do things with clockwork?

Or should I just use a different ROM?

Thank you!!!!

grab Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip and unzip on pc then transfer image folder to sd card. transfer CM Green V5.zip to sd card also. then

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held.

It should take a few seconds to flash the new Gen2 firmware (you should see some green text), then it should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery, use that to wipe data & then install your Gen2 rom.

---------

in ClockworkMod > wipe data then > install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card

Once installed, remove the image directory from your sd card, to prevent accidentally reinstalling. Once you have installed this just vol+ & power on will send you back into tpt mode if there is an image directory, even if you needed menu & vol+ before.

Guest DellXCD35

Hi Psyloid,

Blue Ginger based on MBAW seems to have lots of problem. Even MBAW says he is stopping work on the Ginger Stir Fry and going back to CM7 as the leaked rom seems to have problems.

You Green CM7 rocks. its stable for daily use too.

In this case we all will be looking forward for V6 of you rom.

Sorry for asking too much, but i love your work.

Guest wishmasterf
Hi Psyloid,

Blue Ginger based on MBAW seems to have lots of problem. Even MBAW says he is stopping work on the Ginger Stir Fry and going back to CM7 as the leaked rom seems to have problems.

You Green CM7 rocks. its stable for daily use too.

In this case we all will be looking forward for V6 of you rom.

Sorry for asking too much, but i love your work.

+1