Getting Google Music (here's what I did)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest David Aitken
I tried changing the build.prop file on my SGSII, but it would not boot after the change :-(

has anyone had an invite without changing it, or should I change the region section only?

Didn't change the build.prop in the end, but got my invite today anyway!

Guest neutronwrangler

I have an invite!

I had the .apk from the root message installed (now not accessible) which was 3.0.336

Using MarketAccess to spoof T-Mobile (US) SIM 310260 I have updated and end up with 3.0.1, surely this is not right?

Is there a more recent beta and how do I get it?

I'm running MoDaCo ROM r25 on a Nexus One

Guest kartman_21
I have a SGSII and didn't change anything

I just received my invite

I used a VPN to request and it was about 3 weeks ago ;)

the Music apk download link seems to be dead though :D

Same here, finally an invite.

Used vpn to request invite.

Waited 3 weeks, and finally got it for my sgs2!!

Upload started :P

Guest ghostofcain

Ok, used a Proxy to obtain my invite tonight, which arrived in less than 2 hours, fantastic. Go to Google music, we currently have no linux client! found a nice script to install Google music manager on ubuntu, result. Only to find it doesn't support ogg! #fail all around as far as I am concerned, but cheers for your help Paul.

I've just tried using the hidemy... .com site and i keep being prompted that cookies aren't enabled.

Has anyone else tried using the above site to register?

Guest nicknoxx

Hi All

I got an invite but can't download the app because I'm in the UK. I can't use MarketAccess because I've got a Wildfire S and it hasn't been rooted yet. Is there anywhere, reliable and trustworthy, I can download the app from?

Thanks

Guest DrAl
Step 1 - requesting an invitation

I requested an invitation on the day Google Music was announced at http://music.google.com/about/. The invite request form IP checks to ensure you are in the US, so you need to be connected via a VPN located in the US. I used http://www.privateinternetaccess.com (my VPN of choice as it's free with MoDaCo Plus).

How do I go about getting the free privateinternetaccess.com VPN? I've got a MoDaCo Plus account. I've read (on this forum) that it comes with all sorts of freebies (privateinternetaccess, lastpass, etc), but I can't see how to get those freebies from my account page and haven't had any emails mentioning them.

Thanks,

Al

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mifran

I have my invite and installed the music manager on my computer uploaded my music but I cant down load google music beta to my Tab it says it is not available in my country and the link to the app in the first post is dead

Its ok i used the marketaccess.apk

mifran

Edited by mifran

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Karucifer

found using a us vpn helps to make google music think your in the usa , plus the good old hotels.com helps for a us address if needed :)

Yes, I believe that's step 1 in Paul's guide :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Rojar'ish

I found a fool proof way of getting google music here in the uk by using tor to sign up for google music with my existing account just go here Google Music from anywhere and follow the info it takes 5 minutes to setup did my account and 5 others for mates in a few keystrokes have fun......................:D

P.s Turn your phone off, so you are not signin to google outside the US when signing up for music.

Google Music app is here: GoogleMusic 4.1.511

Edited by Rojar'ish

• 1 month later...
Guest kingmob

Has anyone managed to buy any music from the store?

None of my cards are accepted and the charges on the usunlocked card are too high to make it worthwhile.

Tim

• 1 month later...