[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Searcher2

Thanks for the download. I've installed it... obviously it will take me a day or 2 to see if the battery life is as good as the stock ROM (on Swedish Spring it didn't even last a day for me when the stock was lasting 2 days).

Probably a stupid noob question but I tried to reinstall LauncherPro Plus after putting on the FLB ROM. It said it would keep all the LauncherPro settings so I accepted the intall. It tried but said "application not installed". Any idea why? If I did manage to install it would it negate the work you have done on your ROM?

Guest TheManicGibbon
I wasn't having a go at you I was just pointing out to th eperson that there was no need to wait for you to upload your rom.

You might want to use the boot loader animation from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-3-4-gen2-only/ to keep it all green.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may offer some bootanimations as a separate download because I want customisability to be a key aspect of this ROM.

Thanks for the download. I've installed it... obviously it will take me a day or 2 to see if the battery life is as good as the stock ROM (on Swedish Spring it didn't even last a day for me when the stock was lasting 2 days).

Probably a stupid noob question but I tried to reinstall LauncherPro Plus after putting on the FLB ROM. It said it would keep all the LauncherPro settings so I accepted the intall. It tried but said "application not installed". Any idea why? If I did manage to install it would it negate the work you have done on your ROM?

I think it doesnt like it because Launcher Pro is already installed in the /system/partition. If you press Menu > Preferences when on your homescreen, there is an option to unlock launcher Pro Plus, where you can just put in your activation code? Or do you mean you've bought this?

Battery-wise, I find mine lasts around 2 days. Have had it stretched to 3 with very light usage.

Hope this helps :P

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks guys.

Just to point out, there is already a Gen2 build of FLB...it wouldn't take too much work for me to simply modify that to make it the same as GingerFLB, rather than modifying GingerFLB with a Gen2 kernel or whatever

Guest Mushroom_Lord

About "uploading stuff from your data partition"

You don't have to. Just use launcherpro's "backup" feature and then place the contents of your phones /sdcard/launcherpro_backup/ directory into your ROMS /data/data/com.fede.launcher/ directory. And it should still work :P

If you want, I could try having a look at "green homescreens" or other things suited to your ROM, and upload the files for you, if you don't want to :rolleyes: (or you could tell me what you wanted it to look like)

Guest Len Ash
Just to point out, there is already a Gen2 build of FLB...it wouldn't take too much work for me to simply modify that to make it the same as GingerFLB, rather than modifying GingerFLB with a Gen2 kernel or whatever

Or take my (FLB r11 Gen2) boot.img and the two lib files and try on what you have? I can zip up and "post" if you wish.

Here they are...

FLB_Gen2_boot_and_lib_files.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest hecatae
Or take my (FLB r11 Gen2) boot.img and the two lib files and try on what you have? I can zip up and "post" if you wish.

Here they are...

can that be flashed in recovery?

Guest Len Ash
can that be flashed in recovery?

Not as it is... and you wouldn't want to. The phone would have Gen 1 FLB on it at that point. The files need to be in the ROM and then flashed.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Hey there, @The Manic Gibbon.

I've started theming some icons to try and match the colour of your theme. (took the colour value from your "battery percentage")

Just to let you know what they look like:

Personally I'm not a fan of the rest of this icon set :rolleyes: But give me a set that you like and I'll get round to theming them for you :P

post-812039-1306511189_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511230_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511174_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511441_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511291_thumb.png

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest TheManicGibbon

Here they are...

Thanks. Can you give me a rough guide on how to go about using them to create a Gen2 ROM?

Hey there, @The Manic Gibbon.

I've started theming some icons to try and match the colour of your theme. (took the colour value from your "battery percentage")

Just to let you know what they look like:

Personally I'm not a fan of the rest of this icon set :rolleyes: But give me a set that you like and I'll get round to theming them for you :P

post-812039-1306511189_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511230_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511174_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511441_thumb.pngpost-812039-1306511291_thumb.png

Not sure what you mean by theming them, is this for the pre-themed Launcher Pro idea? If so, there's an icon set in the first post with the Gingerbread icons and dock backgrounds etc. Could you set it up like it shows in the picture, or maybe from a Nexus S screenshot or something? I was really just meaning something like this. All the required icons are in the zip.

Cheers everyone, thanks for your interest. <_<

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Thanks. Can you give me a rough guide on how to go about using them to create a Gen2 ROM?

Not sure what you mean by theming them, is this for the pre-themed Launcher Pro idea? If so, there's an icon set in the first post with the Gingerbread icons and dock backgrounds etc. Could you set it up like it shows in the picture, or maybe from a Nexus S screenshot or something? I was really just meaning something like this. All the required icons are in the zip.

Cheers everyone, thanks for your interest. :rolleyes:

Oh aye, forgot about them!

Sure, Ill try put something together for you :P

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Hello again, @The Manic Gibbon!

I have re-designed it to look like that picture, but, anything you want changing, do just say!

Anything else do just ask! :rolleyes:

Oh and sorry, I can't really use your theme atm, im on Cm7 :L (and couldn't get the similar Frankish theme to work)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=72807

I think the icons MAY appear a bit too small, Idk.

I was using a livewallpaper from the market (free) there (nexus revamped) because it is smoother. Or we could use one that comes with Flb (if one comes with Flb, im not sure, haven't used it for a while).

Anyhow we could sort out the wallpaper too, if you want :P

post-812039-1306514078_thumb.png

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Len Ash

Done that for you - overwrite the boot.img in the ROM with this one, overwrite the two lib files in /system/lib

Et Voila!

Should work OK - Gen 2 ONLY though!

Edited by Len Ash

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hello again, @The Manic Gibbon!

I have re-designed it to look like that picture, but, anything you want changing, do just say!

Anything else do just ask! <_<

Anyhow we could sort out the wallpaper too, if you want :P

That's great, you've been really helpful thanks. Could I just ask you to make the dock exactly the same as the one shown here? I hate to be picky, and I really appreciate what you've done. Thanks again! For the wallpapers, the one shown in my screenshot is the nexus s one from the market but its a bit sluggish, so I tend to just use a normal wallpaper. My thoughts were to have the Launcher Pro configuration available as a separate flashable download, because if you're coming from an earlier version of FLB, you don't need to wipe to install this, and that would overwrite people's existing Launcher Pro configs if I made it part of the ROM...

Done that for you - overwrite the boot.img in the ROM with this one, overwrite the two lib files in /system/lib

Et Voila!

Should work OK - Gen 2 ONLY though!

Thanks, its uploading now. I'll need to get someone with a Gen2 phone to test it :rolleyes:

Guest Mushroom_Lord
That's great, you've been really helpful thanks. Could I just ask you to make the dock exactly the same as the one shown here? I hate to be picky, and I really appreciate what you've done. Thanks again! For the wallpapers, the one shown in my screenshot is the nexus s one from the market but its a bit sluggish, so I tend to just use a normal wallpaper. My thoughts were to have the Launcher Pro configuration available as a separate flashable download, because if you're coming from an earlier version of FLB, you don't need to wipe to install this, and that would overwrite people's existing Launcher Pro configs if I made it part of the ROM...

Thanks, its uploading now. I'll need to get someone with a Gen2 phone to test it :P

okay, sure, of course, a normal wallpaper was what I was thinking :rolleyes: Shall we just leave it as a user thing, or shall we try and dig up a wallpaper and work out how to set it? :L

I am not too sure about the "little buttons" next to the dock, if you know what I mean, I just don't think launcherpro does that (but I'll look)

And yes, flashable zip is the way forward <_<

Guest TheManicGibbon
okay, sure, of course, a normal wallpaper was what I was thinking :rolleyes: Shall we just leave it as a user thing, or shall we try and dig up a wallpaper and work out how to set it? :L

I am not too sure about the "little buttons" next to the dock, if you know what I mean, I just don't think launcherpro does that (but I'll look)

And yes, flashable zip is the way forward <_<

Hmm, I think we can leave that to the user :( but it might be interesting to research nonetheless. For the wee dots, long press on one of the dock shortcuts > Change shortcuts > Homescreens, and the little dots are there for the appropriate sides of the dock :P

Guest lanesend

Thanks, its uploading now. I'll need to get someone with a Gen2 phone to test it :P

:rolleyes: Excellent work!

I have Gen2 phone and happy to test it.

Cheers

Downloading now Thanks

Edited by lanesend

Guest TheManicGibbon
If you want, I can mirror the file - I'm Premium Megaupload.

It's a kind offer, but I have emergency mirrors set up on my own servers, and I like to be able to see the number of downloads I have. I'm overhwelmed at the numbers involved, both with my themes and my ROM already!

Thanks again, much appreciated. :P

Guest lanesend
<_< Excellent work!

I have Gen2 phone and happy to test it.

Cheers

Downloading now Thanks

Installed working Thanks again :( :P :rolleyes:

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I will test the Gen2 version for you aswell :P

Thanks for that tip too :rolleyes: (I'm such a donut)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=72811

Here is what I've got so far, then!

Pretty close to Identical, I think <_<

Any other things I am happy to sort out with you about! :(

But I need to flash your Gen2 Flb ROM anyhow, as otherwise the database file will have a bug: (mine links to phone.apk (cause its 2.3), not call.apk [like in 2.2])

post-812039-1306519727_thumb.png

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Len Ash
I will test the Gen2 version for you aswell :P

There are a few other tweaks to the kernel governor, Atheros driver, APN list and GPS too...

Get the themes bedded down first...!

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Mushroom_Lord
There are a few other tweaks to the kernel governor, Atheros driver, APN list and GPS too...

Get the themes bedded down first...!

Out of interest, where might these tweaks originate from>

And, what do you men "Get the themes bedded down first...!" (I am a bit...dipsy :P)