[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest mladenovic73
Updated rom! Microphone now works! (replaced phone.apk)

Android 2.3.4 Mooncake v1.0 update1 md5:cacb060f8d6be78291f5b0f71e8ac2d0 | size: 753KB install this update with clockwork recovery option "install zip from sdcard" (no need to wipe nothing)

1st post updated. Have fun :P

Thanx man,it is working.This is a exelent job.

Awsome piece of work buddy.... If fm comes to this rom, some time soon, this will be a complete rom.... Greetings.... & Thanx a lot.... :P

Guest baskin

Android 2.3.4 Mooncake v1.0 update1 md5:cacb060f8d6be78291f5b0f71e8ac2d0 | size: 753KB install this update with clockwork recovery option "install zip from sdcard" (no need to wipe nothing)

Thanks man. Excellent job.

Guest molpie001

Great job! Thanks a lot! Ciao

Guest Vlatko25
I'm glad that everything is working, in a global point of view. I will update this rom frequently (no need to wipe data between updates). I hope you all enjoy this rom :rolleyes:

Vlatko25 - thanks for the solution :P

no problem i am glad i helped,i am using this rom is really good:D

Guest PTLSALZ
Yes for me too mic is not working. I just have checked it.

It works on voice recording but not on calls.

OMG - I've got the same problem - mic doenst work - i received 1 call after loading thsi rom n the othe rparty couldnt hear but I blamed Three network - just tested with my home phone and can confirm the mic doesnt work - DAMN IT - i have to remove this till its fixed - Ahhhhh - such a nice rom it was :rolleyes:

HHEHEHE - sorry mjy bad - i'll just put the update :P

cheers

Edited by PTLSALZ

Guest Khan Miro
no problem i am glad i helped,i am using this rom is really good:D

Indeed it's really good :P

The Creator - you said you will update this ROM frequently, right? Can you rewrite the touchscreen driver. The accuracy of the touchscreen is the most irritating problem in all 2.3 ROMs for Racer as if has faced no solution yet. The screen is best in stock ROMs, but in 2.3... I don't say it's terrible, but it's buggy :rolleyes:

Guest Vlatko25
Indeed it's really good :P

The Creator - you said you will update this ROM frequently, right? Can you rewrite the touchscreen driver. The accuracy of the touchscreen is the most irritating problem in all 2.3 ROMs for Racer as if has faced no solution yet. The screen is best in stock ROMs, but in 2.3... I don't say it's terrible, but it's buggy :rolleyes:

i have noticed that black market doesnt work:D

Guest gapore
After some days of hard work, here it is! My first stable rom!

ROM Based in:

CyanogenMod7 - Nightly 85 - ZTE blade

Apps and framework from Buzz (htc wildfire 240x320)

ROM Content:

This rom includes all cyanogenmod7 standard app's with the following changes:

* All app's up-to-date

* Includes gapps

* Includes CIFSManager if you want to mount windows/linux shares

* boot.img from older 2.3.4 rom's (by rickywyatt)

* New bootanimation (green android)

* Compass fixed

* VirtualKeys vibrate when pressed (home/menu/back)(by deadlink)

* start and end call keys working (by deadlink)

* All cyanogenmod languages included, please select your language on first boot (setup wizard)

Known limitations

Radio FM is NOT available (there's no FMRadio for Android 2.3, we have to wait)

- Found a little bug, setup wizard may not open on 1st boot for some rare configurations, workaround is posted by Vlatko25, post 16, or by me, post #6

Changelog

v 1.0 update1 (29/5/2001)

- Fixed microphone not working and red key not working after long call

v 1.0 (28/5/2011)

- 1st version

Download:

Android 2.3.4 Mooncake v1.0 md5:546fcb2af456e74986385b7e99f5e4c9 | size: 90.45MB

How to install

-> Requires clockworkmod recovery!

1. First backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volumedown pressed). After 10 seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

2.Copy the rom and the update to the root of your sd-card

3.Start again clockworkmod recovery (read above how to)

4.Choose option "wipe data/factory reset" - confirm

5.Choose option "wipe cache partition" - confirm

6.Go to submenu "Advanced" and choose option "Wipe Dalvik Cache" - confirm

7.Return to 1st menu and choose "instal zip from sdcard" - "choose zip"

7.1 Install mooncake update1 -> choose "install zip from sdcard" and apply that file after installing the rom

8.After installing, do "reboot system now"

9.Rom will boot for the 1st time, you need to input your PIN and you might need to introduce the network unlock code (you can skip that).

10.1st boot wizard will start

COMPLETE!

Thank you to: cyanogenmod team (for the blade and buzz rom); 4pda.ru team, Rexchun and Deadlink for the vibrokeys and kernel, and a special thanks to rickywyatt (for making an older rom and giving me some tips) :P

Screenshots below.

Please let me know if you found any bug

For those that camera doesn't work, please also let me know, I'll try to fix it for you!

Thanks for your work! Can you upload the update1.zip to skydirve? I can't visit mediafire.com

Guest PTLSALZ
OMG - I've got the same problem - mic doenst work - i received 1 call after loading thsi rom n the othe rparty couldnt hear but I blamed Three network - just tested with my home phone and can confirm the mic doesnt work - DAMN IT - i have to remove this till its fixed - Ahhhhh - such a nice rom it was <_<

HHEHEHE - sorry mjy bad - i'll just put the update :rolleyes:

cheers

This is by far the best ROM ever. However there is always room for improvement :P - Here is something I noticed.

1) Auto brightness doesnt work in bright conditions but u can always set the brightness manually.

2) battery drain is really high when using the phone - if not used, this is the best ever.

3) battery percent displayed isnt always correct. rebooting the phone displays the correct percent left.

Again - this is the best ROM ever - thanks for all the great efforts.

Cheers

PTL

Guest Khan Miro
This is by far the best ROM ever. However there is always room for improvement :P - Here is something I noticed.

1) Auto brightness doesnt work in bright conditions but u can always set the brightness manually.

2) battery drain is really high when using the phone - if not used, this is the best ever.

3) battery percent displayed isnt always correct. rebooting the phone displays the correct percent left.

Again - this is the best ROM ever - thanks for all the great efforts.

Cheers

PTL

1. ZTE Racer doesn't have hardware sensors for brightness detection :(

2. I haven't noticed anything about that problem yet.

3. After installing a new ROM the battery calibration is screwed, so the solution is to search for the batter calibration apk, then charge the phone to 100% and then calibrate the battery :rolleyes:

Any sooner new screen calibration or new screen driver? <_<

Guest gapore

Can i just use the phone.apk in rickywyatt's rom?

Guest PTLSALZ
1. ZTE Racer doesn't have hardware sensors for brightness detection :(

2. I haven't noticed anything about that problem yet.

3. After installing a new ROM the battery calibration is screwed, so the solution is to search for the batter calibration apk, then charge the phone to 100% and then calibrate the battery :P

Any sooner new screen calibration or new screen driver? :rolleyes:

Arey khan saab cha gaye hu aap <_<

Thanks for sharing all the useful tips. I am sure i'll enjoy the rom to the full now - cheers

Guest Dj Fluminee

everything works great, less the screen. It's like having a Bugatti but not having the steering wheel or gas to drive it :D

Guest TigTex
Can i just use the phone.apk in rickywyatt's rom?

yes, if you. If you cant download the update, use rickywyatt's phone.apk, but it's hard to move (phone.apk will start crashing constantly). Use the skydrive mirror that i made now

About black market, it's not my problem that it doesn't work. Servers are offline.

About screen calibration... it's hard to change that, but I will see what can be done.

Edited by TigTex

Guest Jésus Alberto
yes, if you. If you cant download the update, use rickywyatt's phone.apk, but it's hard to move (phone.apk will start crashing constantly). Use the skydrive mirror that i made now

About black market, it's not my problem that it doesn't work. Servers are offline.

About screen calibration... it's hard to change that, but I will see what can be done.

There are two problems in X850 from Brazilian TIM and they seem to be unsolvable, the first one is not so important, the camera does not work with any modded rom. But the second one is a serious problem and makes us to want to come back to original rom, the screen locks in the stand by, for example, after a night not using, when I try to use in the morning the screen does not light, the keys light, make noise but I have to reset X850 manually to work again.

And it happens to everybody that uses that TIM´s X850, so we get the conclusion the hardware is a bit different from other ZTE Racer. I ask you if possible how could I use the original camera drivers in a modded rom as this yours.

Thanks.

Guest TigTex
There are two problems in X850 from Brazilian TIM and they seem to be unsolvable, the first one is not so important, the camera does not work with any modded rom. But the second one is a serious problem and makes us to want to come back to original rom, the screen locks in the stand by, for example, after a night not using, when I try to use in the morning the screen does not light, the keys light, make noise but I have to reset X850 manually to work again.

And it happens to everybody that uses that TIM´s X850, so we get the conclusion the hardware is a bit different from other ZTE Racer. I ask you if possible how could I use the original camera drivers in a modded rom as this yours.

Thanks.

That "screen lock problem" was a known problem that was fixed in the latest nightly builds. So... did you tried this rom and did this rom made this to you?

About the camera, I have no idea how to fix it because I don't have any x850 to test and probably it's not that simple to solve the problem.

Your camera is 3.2 megapixels?

Guest Jésus Alberto
That "screen lock problem" was a known problem that was fixed in the latest nightly builds. So... did you tried this rom and did this rom made this to you?

About the camera, I have no idea how to fix it because I don't have any x850 to test and probably it's not that simple to solve the problem.

Your camera is 3.2 megapixels?

I´m using the last nightly updated on may, 27. My camera is 3.2 mpixels.

Is there any reason why there is no tun.ko module?

BTW, for now (installed yesterday) very good ROM, not a single crash :D

Edited by Guest

Guest RobertsAccount

Sorry this might be a newb question, I'm unsure. But is there a way to increase the vibration intensity on the soft keys? It seems a little weak for me at the moment...