New special tweaked firmware!!!

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

Hi! Just as i promised i finished my first tweaked firmware for SPV.

This is only for developers!!!!

I need few beta testers for it!

What's new in my flash:

The same improvements as DK update, but few of them bugs fixed (receiveing sms while keylocked on is not more crashing), profiles all working ok. Few more speeding :). A bit of animation...and few more things wich u'll see.

The flash is ready for developers (have installed all tools necesary for that). That mean is working OK with evc ;) even debuging :lol:

To get access to it u need to subscribe my forum and write a note about yourself (my forum can be found at: http://www.migsoft.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi )

This is a precause metod only case i don't want normal users to kill their phones!

So only users wich want to test my firwmare to join my forum!!!

Guest florin_m

I'm waiting users feed back about it. When is bug free i'll post a version for everyuser, with a install program. I'm waitng the users wich allready install on their phones to post on my site about what others bugs(if i left any :) ) are in the phone.

Best regards,

Florin Mandache

P.S.

I allready offered to work for orange or MS or HTC but no answers from them yet!

Guest Treadsoftly

Hi florin,

Well I don't think I'm advanced enough to fiddle around with this myself, but when you're confident of releasing it for everyone who has enough knowledge to follow the instructions to de-dertify the phone, I'll be first in the queue.

Look forward to the release, and well done!

Hoping to get access to the beta or for the release version when available :wink:

Aside from legality,

I wonder how far you can mod the phone, until OCS give up on you for hardware faults?

Like in the PC industry if you change OS's quite a few of the larger companies offering warranties and support, start getting shirty.. and if you update the bios. they virtually hang up the phone.

(this is not a dig at anyone, or a complaint, merely a thought).

Will

:oops:

Paul, how about a little rundown of what florin has achieved here? a sort of beta review. That is of course if mr Florin doesn't mind, obviously. He probably wouldn't mind actually, as it's all advertising for him. May get him his job with Orange!

Kevlar

I will check it this w/end if I get my SD - been waiting 3 weeks now. It's at the postoffice now, so unless they cocked up again, I will be reviewing this tweak tomorrow night!

yes, i did. but i wasn't invited.

i don't like the modified blue screen and i can't change my timezone - spv hangs up if i try to change it. all the other bugs i've had with the dk update seem to be fixed (sms/profile bug).

cheers, lutz

yes, i did. but i wasn't invited. 

i don't like the modified blue screen and i can't change my timezone - spv hangs up if i try to change it. all the other bugs i've had with the dk update seem to be fixed (sms/profile bug). 

cheers, lutz

I changed the time zone with the tweak installed. It was quite long (2-3 mins) and the spv seemed to be frozen. But after a while, it comes back and applies the change. Just be more patient. Don't forgot it's MS inside :wink:

Guest florin_m

To lutzh :

If u don't like my blue screen then do not use it ;)

I'm aware of the time-date bug. Just fix it along with other few bugs from my beta 1 :)

Tonight i'll upload a beta 2 on my site wich supposed to be more stable and less dangerous to install it :lol: ( no more pboot update cause this can kill the blody phone)

If beta 2 is no more bugs, then I'll make it public for everyone!

Hi Florin,

usually I don't see the blue screen so often so I don't care that much. I just needed to fix the DK update bugs - and thats done now. I am looking forward to the next release from you and I hope I'll have better luck this time in getting it.

Cheers and thank you!

Lutz

Right then! I second that changing timezone is a bit slow but yes it does work after appearing to be frozen for a minute. The rest seems to be working just fine. The blue screen is not the best design, but hey - the man deserves a bit of credit once in a while when the phone is powered on/off. I have noticed no bugs so far to be honest.

Florin, do you know much about T9 DLLs?? Do you think it is possible to put one together or modify existing ones?

Also, I know I mentioned it before, but it would be v nice if it was possible to allow 'Delivery reports' to be ON for all SMSs.. Looking fwd to update.

PS: Is pboot like a 'boot sector' in memory? What exactly is modified in pboot?

Hi together-

I don't care about the bootscreen since I usually never see it - especially after this update...

Also, I know I mentioned it before, but it would be v nice if it was possible to allow 'Delivery reports' to be ON for all SMSs.. Looking fwd to update. 
madukraininan - this is tricky - at least here in Germany you pay for this, the deleviry report is charged as an SMS - so it would be better to leave it as an option instead of coding it hard....

Cheers, Lutz

Lutzh is right - no rush here... And the O update is (as it seems) to be out very soon (and we all hope it's true) :) Florin is not the most generous person, but he does what he does and it's his right.. ;)