[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest kosa11
1.69 looks good except so far battery life isn't so good. was at 100 percent and the battery was very warm at midnight unplugged for night and battery was at 48 percent. 1.65 i have very good battery life. a work in progress. thanks for all your hard work.

Are you using custom kernel?? its almost impossible to run out of battery like that without custom kernel..

Guest TripNRaVeR
@trip

I posted this a while ago but you must have missed it...its cool if you could add it to your rom

Its gb on/off animation for froyo

No i didnt miss it, i cant check xda.

Guest WhiteKnight0095
No i didnt miss it, i cant check xda.

~Sorry~doixanh~just copy the topic from xda and paste here,~ [REL] FroyoBeam: Gingerbread's screen on/off animation for Froyo | v001 | 27-05-11

Intro

First of all, this is not a module

I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings.

Progress

- Screen on : Good.

- Screen off : Good.

- Animation when screen timed out : Good.

Release

May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features

Notice

We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.

More notice

0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?

This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released

1. This mod should be compatible with most devices

2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because

3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and

4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.

5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.

6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.

Enjoy, ROM builders and users(sorry first ~trip if u don't like this i will remove this)

Edited by WhiteKnight0095

Guest bluzes
1.69 looks good except so far battery life isn't so good. was at 100 percent and the battery was very warm at midnight unplugged for night and battery was at 48 percent. 1.65 i have very good battery life. a work in progress. thanks for all your hard work.

Not sure about this... I only lose 3-4% of battery life overnight. I'm using with BB .61

Guest atintan
Thats the wifi fix for 1.6.9, works for everyone so far

Forgot to say that I am with Custom kernel 3.50 + patch for MIUI

Trip Firmware BB .49

Trim MIUI 1.65

how come that none of DEV can resolve the issue of Microsoft Exchange for Froyo ROMS/

GB email worked great I had all my email synchronized there, original SE too, but not Froyo ............

;)

Guest wILDbIT
Forgot to say that I am with Custom kernel 3.50 + patch for MIUI

Trip Firmware BB .49

Trim MIUI 1.65

how come that none of DEV can resolve the issue of Microsoft Exchange for Froyo ROMS/

GB email worked great I had all my email synchronized there, original SE too, but not Froyo ............

;)

I use DME for the Exchange connection and it works on any android I've tested. It sounds like a 221 application issue

Edited by wILDbIT

Guest zlive

already using in for 3 hour, bb49, all running fine so far... wonderful job trip..

just ask, is there a way to get the gb notification swipe bar on froyo or is it possible?

Guest iggy2
I want the new version of this ROM, but there is no link :'(

Have patience all, Trip must have removed it for a reason, he will let us know when it's back. Just woke up to a 100% charged battery....now time to start testing 1.6.9

Guest Cyberman_NI
I want the new version of this ROM, but there is no link :'(

I have a feeling hes cooking up something very special for us TripNfans

Guest 07ee17

Bug report:

charging is not working... plugged charger at 9% after half an hour still an 9%. fresh ROM no apps installed.

Rom 1.6.9 for BB67

EDIT:

he posted few pages back that he is removing the links because someone is mirroring these links. may be he'll restore them when the mirrors are removed.

Edited by 07ee17

Guest cjsabaki
Bug report:

charging is not working... plugged charger at 9% after half an hour still an 9%. fresh ROM no apps installed.

Rom 1.6.9 for BB67

EDIT:

he posted few pages back that he is removing the links because someone is mirroring these links. may be he'll restore them when the mirrors are removed.

Wipe batt stats, reboot, turn on flight mode, see if it charges....Wall charger or USB??

Guest iptelesys

My battery life is better with 1.6.9

Thanks Trip, things just get better and better... Whats weird is that I have felt its 'final' for a few weeks now, but you just keep bringing out new and exiting things...

When I show my mate who has an iPhone all that my phone does, he ins't happy he went that route, and when I show him the changelog it upsets him even more...

Guest kallediallo

first of all, many thanks to Trip!!! You make the x10 alive again.

now my Q, is there any swedes with 3 and BB .67 or stock .54 with 1.6.9..... any problems?

I´m running Trips BB .67 and 1.5.6 and its stable, so before I flash 1.6.9, I need some recommendations

mant thx

Guest justinoz

howcome im able to connect to wifi but i dont receive data .. i cant browse the net or sign in to market??

im playing ps3 online now pretty sure there is connection

Guest alex_esa

Flashed the 1.6.9 rom last night, get signal after install at&t patch...

Everything works so smooth and the rom seems very stable, no significant battery drainage in the night...

But when I try to connect to wifi it says OBTAINING IP ADDRESS... and then disconect and start again. Tried the wifi fix but still not working.

Themes in SMS application can't be set.

My conf.

BB67

Dec Stock Kernel

Where I can find the march kernel?

Guest norigkgp1

Everything workin´ 100%, let´s see battery life. :P

Perfect decision TRIP, givin´us the choice of flashing the BB we want to... because i use to change between 2.1/2.2, and BB is always .58. ;)

Guest cjsabaki
howcome im able to connect to wifi but i dont receive data .. i cant browse the net or sign in to market??

im playing ps3 online now pretty sure there is connection

Crash system server in dev tools under bad behavior, and do u have the correct base band for the rom??? Custom kernel????

TOO EASY BUT.....Make sure data is enabled in your phone settings...SYSTEM, CELL NETWORKS... MAYBE???

Edited by cjsabaki