☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Hi all, would like to say loving LN so far, not many problems so far. Had a few FC's but have not been able to reproduce them. So not worried about them. There are 2 things missing and i'm not sure if anyone else was looking for them or not, or its something i may have done when flashing the ROM, its the Bookmark widget and close in the browser menu. Like i said not sure if anyone else was looking for them or its something i'v done. Any input would be great. Thanks

I managed it to get it working for me. My error was, that i didn't flashed the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A first. I always thought, that custom roms replace the whole system. Anyway, now it's working. Thanks for helping.

Edited by telsek

Guest marius12345

I managed it to get it working for me. My error was, that i didn't flashed the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A first. I always thougt, that custom roms replace the whole system. Anyway, now it's working. Thanks for helping.

and the proximity sensor works?

Guest ManniX.ita

above of what rom you instaled ln1.9.2 ?and maybe can help me whit proximity sensor someone

You can't use another custom rom as base, never, with any android phone.

Use as base the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A bin, flash with acer tool.

Then boot with the new ROM, don't configure it, just start it. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, just insert the pin and skips the questions.

Install Malez recovery, reboot in recovery mode and flash LN 1.9.2.

You'll be fine.

Guest ManniX.ita

hello i'm the new user for LP can someone told me what is the best version of liquid next and if i want to flash LP what should i prefer i use acer liquid a100

Flash 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A as base and the latest LN version, 1.9.2

Guest Dima KN

Since I had occasional hangups and freezes on my liquid a1 with LiquidNext 1.9.2 (base bin 4.002.14), I've reverted latest thepasto's commits on the kernel and disabled all automatic cpu voltage scaling systems (that are disabled on stock acer kernel).

I'm testing it since yesterday, if anyone would test it, flash in recovery this on top of LiquidNext 1.9.2:

LN-1.9.2-fearkernel-0.1.zip (2.5 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/VEB9ZGPKYW

if you want to revert to LiquidNext 1.9.2 kernel:

LN-1.9.2-origkernel.zip (2.55 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/ACV0YTOEFE

That's what I've modified on kernel sources:

fearkernel0.1.patch (13.54 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/CWNOI3Z1FO

Please let me know how it works..

If you have no hangups or freezes with normal LN 1.9.2 don't try this ;)

Hi. With clean 1.9.2 i've got random hangs. I flashed your patch.

And now I get screen wake problem - when I press power button strange thing happen. Screen turns on but with zero brightness. Never before I had such problem.

By the way for 12 hours i have no hang. We must wait longer to check if you patch really helps with hangs.

Guest ManniX.ita

I just noticed ADW Launcher does fc when I touch the side dots. Is it normal ?

Never seen it, but I use GO Launcher. Check the previous posts, I recall someone else had this problem too. If it's too much troublesome you should consider a reflash from scratch, maybe using another base rom.

Guest ManniX.ita

And now I get screen wake problem - when I press power button strange thing happen. Screen turns on but with zero brightness. Never before I had such problem.

By the way for 12 hours i have no hang. We must wait longer to check if you patch really helps with hangs.

This comes from something else. I still didn't tried the patch but I have the same problem, it's sporadic and I have not found the source, but I think it's related to some app installation or something i changed in settings.

I will try the patch cause I have too some random hangs.

Let we know how's going with your tests.

Guest Dima KN

This comes from something else. I still didn't tried the patch but I have the same problem, it's sporadic and I have not found the source, but I think it's related to some app installation or something i changed in settings.

I will try the patch cause I have too some random hangs.

Let we know how's going with your tests.

I want to separate two problems.

1. For all versions of LN Ive had "screen wont wake up" bug. It's when screen don't turn on (generally)after long call or smth else. But screen don't wake up at all. Nothing happens when I press power button.
  2. After this patch I had new problem. I press power button and screen does wake up(it begin to shine) but with zero brightness. Before patch I never had such problem. And with patch it happens very often.
Edited by Dima KN

Guest ManniX.ita

1. For all versions of LN Ive had "screen wont wake up" bug. It's when screen don't turn on (generally)after long call or smth else. But screen don't wake up at all. Nothing happens when I press power button.
  2. After this patch I had new problem. I press power button and screen does wake up(it begin to shine) but with zero brightness. Before patch I never had such problem. And with patch it happens very often.

1. It happens me sometimes, very sporadic, the only ROM I never experienced it was LN 1.6.

2. This happens to me like I said, I can see the display is active tilting it (like looking a film negative in the dark) and the touch works. It's like the LCD backlight does not power on. Usually after some power button switch on and off it does light up, but it does not happens often. I will try the patch.

Guest fear_factory84

Strange, it never happened to me with this kernel. Until today I got no phone freezes at all, and that keeps me happy.

Which backlight setting do you have? I use automatic brightness. Proximity sensor disabled.

Guest marius12345

What is proximity sensor what they can do

when put close the phone to your ears the scren turn off but dont works in this rom and all time when you receive a call screen remain in off ,this rom have bugs try leo5 rom its works better then this rom

Edited by marius12345

Guest Dima KN

Strange, it never happened to me with this kernel. Until today I got no phone freezes at all, and that keeps me happy.

Which backlight setting do you have? I use automatic brightness. Proximity sensor disabled.

Manual backlight. Proximity sensor enabled.

Guest Dima KN

My phone freezes too many times per day ((

I dont know why - this rom, "wrong" sdcard or hardware error?

Try to apply patch from fear_factory84.

I'm testing it since yesterday, if anyone would test it, flash in recovery this on top of LiquidNext 1.9.2:

LN-1.9.2-fearkernel-0.1.zip (2.5 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/VEB9ZGPKYW

if you want to revert to LiquidNext 1.9.2 kernel:

LN-1.9.2-origkernel.zip (2.55 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/ACV0YTOEFE

Edited by Dima KN

Guest Stangoesagain

So far I've had no issues discussed in the this batch of messages but last time I said that my pone locked in airplane mode a week later. How widespread these issues are and is it really necessary to apply the above mentioned patches?

Why i use lp1.9.2 and when i use market it FC ? how to solve it

what is metal camera and where can i found it

i'm not really sure, but i think the MARKET - FC issue (media.process - error) started with updating to 1.9.2, but i will post this here anyway. it really makes you arghh, so here is the only way that solved the problem for me (clearing any cache didn't work): market needs a sound profile!

http://dmach.net/blog/2011/03/23/android-market-2-3-force-close/#comments

btw: anything else working fine for me right now. thumbs up! thank you guys,

Guest ManniX.ita

@rridge: thank you very much for sharing with us! I made a Media group with Market only and Vibration On, so far it's working fine. I done a "giant" 14 apps update and the phone didn't reboot, usually I got a reboot above 4-5 apps.

@fearfactory84: thank you for your work, your patched kernel on my Liquid A1 has issues with LCD display, the first time it goes off it doesn't wake up anymore (have to reboot from adb). The backlight goes on but nothing is draw on screen.

@stangoesagain: this is a user community contributed patched kernel, avoid it if you don't want to experiment (I suggest you not)

Guest marius12345

@rridge: thank you very much for sharing with us! I made a Media group with Market only and Vibration On, so far it's working fine. I done a "giant" 14 apps update and the phone didn't reboot, usually I got a reboot above 4-5 apps.

@fearfactory84: thank you for your work, your patched kernel on my Liquid A1 has issues with LCD display, the first time it goes off it doesn't wake up anymore (have to reboot from adb). The backlight goes on but nothing is draw on screen.

@stangoesagain: this is a user community contributed patched kernel, avoid it if you don't want to experiment (I suggest you not)

maybe someone can port rom from acer liquid express to liquid s100