Using a Sensation after using a Galaxy S II

Guest PaulOBrien

So HTC have just delivered me a HTC Sensation, which i'm going to switch to 'in anger' after using a Galaxy S II for a while. I'll be posting my thoughts here.

For fairness the Sensation is running the latest ROM I could find - 1.34.401.1 - and I'm coming from a KE7 Galaxy S II.

If you have any specific questions to ask, post them below! ;)

P

Guest Stefing
So HTC have just delivered me a HTC Sensation, which i'm going to switch to 'in anger' after using a Galaxy S II for a while. I'll be posting my thoughts here.

For fairness the Sensation is running the latest ROM I could find - 1.34.401.1 - and I'm coming from a KE7 Galaxy S II.

P

Not impressed with the GS2 then? :P

Edited by Stefing

Guest ENDRI

Ciao Paul,

Always big fan!

The first question, which maybe you are not ready to answer yet, is battery life and performance. Is it possible to put the 2 cell in a rigid test, maybe with a script that make them run same things at the same time?

Ciao Paul,

Always big fan!

The first question, which maybe you are not ready to answer yet, is battery life and performance. Is it possible to put the 2 cell in a rigid test, maybe with a script that make them run same things at the same time?

I want to use it for real, i'll get a decent idea of comparative battery life. ;)

P

Guest Matchstick

Two obvious biggies are how do the screens compare and what are your first impressions of speed in their respective launchers.

Guest mwintour
Not impressed with the GS2 then? ;)

The sensation is not that impressive either. Few screen glitches on the home screens. Also camera fails on close up pictures.

Guest ENDRI
I want to use it for real, i'll get a decent idea of comparative battery life. ;)

P

Ok. Whatever you think it is better. May I ask you your opinion on the DUAL core Ginger bug that drains battery? What is all about? Is the Sensation affected too?

I am in love with the SGS2 too!

Guest EddyOS

Your thoughts are going to be what help me decide on my next phone. I'm hoping the SIM-Free Sensation is better than the Vodafone-branded one and that the new ROM version will have fixed some early issues. Looking forward to your 'review'

Guest Deanster

P

Hi Paul

I use Endomondo quite a bit for cycling/running, do either of these these phones have any problems with GPS connection.

specially when sometimes i need to put the phone in my pocket?

Thanks

Dean

Guest rahan95

made my choice already and keeping both =)

SGSII is more powerful, straight-forward device, Sensation has better finish and excellent UI in my opinion so don't know which one to let go

Paul : did you receive your device S-OFFed (SHIP or ENG) ?

Guest ENDRI
What do you mean?

P

Second Item on the picture after Voice call. As you can see there is an other Android System just below... I've read that the firse one, battery vampire, it is a bug of gingerbread on the dual core... I am confused and that is why I am asking you!

post-576458-1307702539_thumb.png

Edited by ENDRI

Guest rahan95

Thanks !

Probably gonna sound like an idiot proposing that to you, Paul, but if you need ENG-HBOOT, the file is there : http://www.multiupload.com/AXKSFJ2UUD

Flashed it after a stock ROM brought my device to SHIP S-OFF and worked like a charm =)

By the way and if it saves you sometimes to spend, for example, on the EMMc crypto ;) , you also have the unsecure boot.img from Bin4ary on that topic on XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1107798

Edited by rahan95

Guest zauriel

Hi Paul, I'm still using on any phone I have, including my flaming new SGS2, an old port of the HTC IME you made a long time ago from the desire's sense.. I wonder if you could just do the same with the latest HTC keyboard from the sensation so that we can benefit of the full multitouch support and general improvements made from HTC.

And of course suggest us whether we should sell our SGSII and rush to a sensation or not!

Thank you for all the support you give to the community!

EDIT: just realized that the sensation has a different resolution and this would likely prevent that port from working on different devices.. :/

Edited by zauriel

Hi Paul

I use Endomondo quite a bit for cycling/running, do either of these these phones have any problems with GPS connection.

specially when sometimes i need to put the phone in my pocket?

Thanks

Dean

The SGSII GPS at least is excellent, will report back on Sensation GPS.

P

Guest Stefing
I LOVE the GSII...

P

I was torn between waiting for the GS2 or getting the O2X (the Atrix being too locked down) - patience may be a virtue, but... ;)

Guest vinokirk
Sensation boots fast!

P

Is that cold boot?

RE rehan; there is a big thread over at xda, the link escapes me atm, but its a good read :-)

Hows the heat on the Senseation? the sgs2 (mine anyway!) gets ever so hot when watchin movies or browsing net.

have you tested swype?

Guest Maik_B
Sensation boots fast!

P

Paul, i saw somewhere on youtube there is a quick-boot option in the settings. If i remember right, the device goes hibernate / deep-standby or something if activated. (Btw. wondering how long the battery would last in this state. A week? or two?)

I also saw on this video a GSII boots faster when this option on sensation is disabled.

Edit: Source:

(turn sound for this video off in your own interest, lol)

Regards

Edited by Maik_B