Optimus Black battery life

Guest fudimflah

Guest pihx

Yesterday i did a test, i charged the phone to 100% and left it unplugged overnight, with most things turned off like 3G, GPS and Wifi. After 11 hours the battery was at 75%.

So i lost 23% of battery in 10 hours with the phone idle and doing nothing. I think i used the screen for 5 minutes at most.

I guess the phone isn't going to deep sleep, something is running in the background because if you calculate 100% battery to 0% is 44 hours, which is pretty bad for standby.

Guest spyb0y
Yesterday i did a test, i charged the phone to 100% and left it unplugged overnight, with most things turned off like 3G, GPS and Wifi. After 11 hours the battery was at 75%.

So i lost 23% of battery in 10 hours with the phone idle and doing nothing. I think i used the screen for 5 minutes at most.

I guess the phone isn't going to deep sleep, something is running in the background because if you calculate 100% battery to 0% is 44 hours, which is pretty bad for standby.

44 hours in standby it is horrible indeed. I`ve noticed myself the same thing. At the moment with everything turned off (3g, wi-fi, auto sync, background data, did some calls though) after 13h 30m battery is at 80%.

Guest pihx

Something seems to have been wrong, because today, when i was driving, my phone got pretty hot and minutes later, it restarted itself. So something is running in the background using up more battery then it should and making my phone unstable all of a sudden.

I'm gonna try to find an app that records whats going on and what is using CPU in the background.

Guest Ericz21

I do a test on my phone's batt life. Mine is not rooted yet. I on 2g,3g and wifi when i need to use it only. Install Task Panel to kill apps which is useful to me. And close the apps completely from APPLICATION tab after i used it. As a result, after 22 hours my batt percentage is 17%. I'm happy with it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Albertri

Just bought LG Optimus Black (pink) for my wife I am using sharp-sh-12C a Jap android phone and battery life of this phone is much worst than LG or HTC. I was using this free apps called batteryFu set it to night mode and auto toggle my Mobile Data connection and set it when I unlock the phone mobile data will be enable. So basically my data is something like on demand when my lcd is off all data is off also. You can config it when at home you can auto toggle WIFI instead of 3G Data this saves even more battery.

My Sharp sh-12c could last more than 24hrs on a single charge and this is based on my normal usuage... some phone calls..sms average around 20-30 a day, some surfing, FB and my office exchange is config also so emails etc. Now I have install this apps to my wife LG Optimus black and looks ok so far will provide feedback in few days see how the apps perform on LG. and Froyo... BTW my Sharp is running on gingerbread.

• 11 months later...
Guest smethrony

LG is now competing with Samsung and Nokia. It has started to launch smart phones. LG has launched android Optimus phone. It's battery life capacity is good but you have to take care of charging timings. I like this phone because of its slimy look and smooth touch.