Orange Barcelona

Guest Dr00g

Guest simonsays1

Its looks quite interesting to me. I have a Nokia e71 as a backup to my Blade.

Unfortunately, I don't think battery life will be much good and the display isn't much bigger than my e71.

Guest The Soup Thief

There's a typically unenlightening bit on Techradar about this hunkajunk, which is described as being "like a budget BlackBerry Bold 9900". Cos we needed one of those

I guess it's good if you like buttons

I find it odd how carriers brand phones as being related, when actually they're made by wholly different (competing) companies (albeit, both owned in large part by the Chinese Government)

Guest Anil k Solanki
Too much like a blackberry for me, prefer the big touch screens.

Isn't that the point?, some folks hate touch screens, this would be perfect for my sister in law. She prefers real keyboards & compact handsets.

The only question I have is, will I eventually be able to replace the ROM with a stock one? I hope so.

Anil

Guest Simon O

Phone will be £119.99 on Orange pay as you go with a mandatory £20 top up, bringing the total cost to £139.99. The phone will also be available on contracts starting from £15 a month.

Phone is made by Huawei, not ZTE.

Phone will be £119.99 on Orange pay as you go with a mandatory £20 top up, bringing the total cost to £139.99. The phone will also be available on contracts starting from £15 a month.

Wow, what are they thinking? How could this possibly compete with their own san francisco?

You may as well get the Rio (£20) or Rio II (£70).

Guest Jekle

Is anyone, when this has launched getting CWM and a de-branded ROM to go on this? I suspect this is easy to do, Is the bootloader unlockable?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reldavidson

saw this at the weekend in the Orange Store in Canary Wharf. Was a bit cheaper than expected £99.99 for the handset excluding the £10 top-up.

going to get it in a few days time i think.

Guest Jekle
saw this at the weekend in the Orange Store in Canary Wharf. Was a bit cheaper than expected £99.99 for the handset excluding the £10 top-up.

going to get it in a few days time i think.

Yeah, Just seen on the Orange Website it's Now Available It's a shame that it has an 528MHz Processor but the QVGA Resolution should level it out against to a 600MHz WVGA ZTE Blade as the lower res should make it easier on the CPU.

Guest hecatae
Key highlights of the Huawei Boulder

* Android 2.2 Froyo

* Qualcomm MSM7225-1 528Mhz processor

* 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM internal memory

* Up to 32GB microSD (external)

* Wi-Fi 801.11b/g/n

* 2.6-inch TFT-LCD capacitive touchscreen / 320 x 240 pixels

* 3.2-megapixel camera

* Google Mobile Suite

* A-GPS with Digital Compass

* G-sensor

* 1200mAh battery

* 122g

* 115 x 62.8 x 9.9mm

and

During the Media Q&A, the Huawei spokesperson misunderstood an earlier question about the upgrade of OS to Android 2.3. The Huawei Boulder is not upgradable to Android 2.3.

from here. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/product-guide/view/180293

Yeah, Just seen on the Orange Website it's Now Available It's a shame that it has an 528MHz Processor but the QVGA Resolution should level it out against to a 600MHz WVGA ZTE Blade as the lower res should make it easier on the CPU.

it's not the cpu or screen that will slow it down, it's the 256mb ram that will bottle neck the device

Edited by hecatae

Guest Jekle
and

from here. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/product-guide/view/180293

it's not the cpu or screen that will slow it down, it's the 256mb ram that will bottle neck the device

I'm sure something can be done to optimize the RAM, A de-branded ROM Will go down nicely. I have a Galaxy Ace and it has 384MB of RAM 278MB of which useable and I sometimes get crashes. I Think it's down to the low RAM. I don't know how 256MB is gunna go down ewwww

Orange Stockholm is the Same specs 528MHz and 256mb RAM

Edited by Jekle

Guest pej02

Had a play with one of these in an Orange store today and am thinking of getting one off the Orange website on PAYG with £12.50 Quidco cashback to cover the cost of the mandatory £10 top-up. Does anyone have any links to places which will supply a reliable unlocking code for this Huawei U8350?

Firmware for it appears to be here