Problem when playing (youtube) video

Guest theodosis88

Guest theodosis88

Hi,

I have a problem with my X5 when it plays youtube videos (in HD or not)-I have not used it to watch other videos or movies-.When I rotate its screen horizontally, half the screen becomes white or green with some red lines and the other half plays the video normally.

See the link below to understand exactly what I mean:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/651/002rt.jpg

I have installed the latest Flash player. Is this a hardware or software problem? Is it serious? I have DOA so I can send it back and get a new one.

What should I do?

Guest Poulsen8r
Hi,

I have a problem with my X5 when it plays youtube videos (in HD or not)-I have not used it to watch other videos or movies-.When I rotate its screen horizontally, half the screen becomes white or green with some red lines and the other half plays the video normally.

I have installed the latest Flash player. Is this a hardware or software problem? Is it serious? I have DOA so I can send it back and get a new one.

What should I do?

Is this in the youtube app or in a browser? If it's in the app then I would try removing and reinstalling the app. Do videos play in the browser fine? I would doubt it's a hardware problem.

Guest Cirno
Hi,

What should I do?

Hmm is it only when viewing youtube?

Guest theodosis88
Is this in the youtube app or in a browser? If it's in the app then I would try removing and reinstalling the app. Do videos play in the browser fine? I would doubt it's a hardware problem.

it is both in browser and application. I played videos in dailymotio also and the problem appeared again.

Any thoughts?

Edited by theodosis88

Guest Cirno
it is both in browser and application. I played videos in dailymotio also and the problem appeared again.

Any thoughts?

Hmm, using stock rom or any other?

• 1 month later...
Guest shanewaz

OK, so I've bought this phone and received it yesterday. Have stock rom running but whenever I try to use youtube from the browser it says 'sorry, media cannot be played' despite the fact that I have Flash 10.3 installed. Does anyone else have the same problem? The videos via the youtube app work fine, but I thought the benefit of having Flash on this (as opposed to my ZTE Blade) was that I could just view stuff online?

Any ideas on how to get it working via the web browser?

I recommend you install the Titanium-Backup-app and backup your stuff, then revert to factory settings. If it works with factory settings you can use the backup created before.

If it does not work with factory settings I would install another ROM. Do you even have the latest ROM from Huawei running? Maybe you like the custom-ROMs more. I used the preinstalled ROM for 1 minute, then I installed a custom one (it is easy, have a look at the Ultimate-guide (it is pinned on top)). That is faster and also stable.

Find a good ROM without bugs: Maybe you just read the description and choose one, or you can easily try each one out for an hour or so. Just do not forget to install the PerfectRecovery (also within the Ultimate-guide) prior to installing a custom ROM.

/edit: you might want to try out opera mobile!

Edited by XphX

Guest shanewaz

I recommend you install the Titanium-Backup-app and backup your stuff, then revert to factory settings. If it works with factory settings you can use the backup created before.

If it does not work with factory settings I would install another ROM. Do you even have the latest ROM from Huawei running? Maybe you like the custom-ROMs more. I used the preinstalled ROM for 1 minute, then I installed a custom one (it is easy, have a look at the Ultimate-guide (it is pinned on top)). That is faster and also stable.

Find a good ROM without bugs: Maybe you just read the description and choose one, or you can easily try each one out for an hour or so. Just do not forget to install the PerfectRecovery (also within the Ultimate-guide) prior to installing a custom ROM.

/edit: you might want to try out opera mobile!

Cheers for the quick response!

First tried Opera mobile, and it works! Don't know why it doesn't like Dolphin or Stock browser, but at least it works now. As for the Custom Roms, I was going to wait until a 2.3 stable comes out but not sure now, was looking at FLB's 2.2 for this as I used to use his with my Blade and it was very good. What are you using? I was hoping to just root the device with z4root or onestop root app (or something along those lines for the name) but not sure if these work.

As for the build, I looked at the list and I seem to have one listed as b113sp15 - is this the latest stock rom?

Edited by shanewaz