Returning a Blade?

Guest Tom Kitchen

Guest Tom Kitchen

I'm going to return my blade to orange due to issues with my sd card slot, is there anything else that I need to do other that re-flashing the stock rom? I.e will I need to delete clockwork, if so, how?

Guest k0zmic
I'm going to return my blade to orange due to issues with my sd card slot, is there anything else that I need to do other that re-flashing the stock rom? I.e will I need to delete clockwork, if so, how?

You could remove Clockwork by reverting back to the stock recovery.

There's a .zip of it you can flash on this site somewhere.

Guest Tom Kitchen
You could remove Clockwork by reverting back to the stock recovery.

There's a .zip of it you can flash on this site somewhere.

Ok I'll look for it, what about re-locking?

Guest k0zmic
Ok I'll look for it, what about re-locking?

I don't think you'll need to do that, if they ask just say you needed it to go abroad or something.

Guest Tom Kitchen

Fair point ShahinTehShiz - I did that in the end.

Ok, I went today. In my local town we no longer have an orange store - we have an everything everywhere one. The guy gave me another micro sd card and it didn't work (surprise...). He then told me to phone 450 and get to technical support.

I talked to the person at the other end, and said when did I get it ect, asked if I had tried rebooting and I said yeah, told me to factory reset, I did but to no avail. They then told me to go to android and find android 2.2 (which she said was the latest version... muppet) and follow instructions on the site to load it to my blade.

I wasn't at home but was finding this suspect. Anyway, said fine and went home, as I thought I'd have to have looked to say that I couldn't find it. Anyway, they are closed now but I'm going to phone back tomorrow saying that it's no obvious where to find the download. Do they expect me to put absolutely stock 2.2 on?

Anyway, they said if they can't fix it I'd be entitled to a new phone. They aren't open now so I can't call back but I will tomorrow.

Edited by Tom Kitchen

Guest Pondlife

They told you to go to android and put android 2.2 on it? lol

Would love to know where exactly they expected you to look, as there isn't an official 2.2 for this in the uk. Not sure how you'd be expected to put it on yourself if there was, particularly with the sd card slot not working right.

Guest Tom Kitchen
They told you to go to android and put android 2.2 on it? lol

Would love to know where exactly they expected you to look, as there isn't an official 2.2 for this in the uk. Not sure how you'd be expected to put it on yourself if there was, particularly with the sd card slot not working right.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I do have a micro-sd card reader but still, I don't see this working, and I think that it has been out less than a year they can't call me up on my warantee. I am also considering that providing I get a new one, flogging it on ebay as mint condition perhaps unlocking & flashing CM7, and buying a second hand desire. I'd like a at least half decent camera, and the processor, they seem to be going for around £170 now so it's probs a £60 upgrade as blades still go high.

Guest Tom Kitchen
Yes, funny about the 2.2 thing...

Bet she flashed hers and is rebelling against Orange ;)

Probably, although if she knew enough to do that she's know that the latest android version for phones is gingerbread.

Edit: I've got them to send me a new one out between 9 and 1 tomorrow.

Edited by Tom Kitchen