Official froyo for Orange SF

Guest ms20

www.eurodroid.com/2011/06/android-2-2-update-for-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade-coming-last-week-of-june/

Good news for anyone still on stock 2.1

edit: bit.ly/iHA2M6

Edited by ms20

Guest Simon O
hmmmm official Froyo means official Gen 2, meaning official amss.mbn and perhaps a different RADIO setting

Correct, and hopefully an end to people staying with Gen1 for warranty reasons.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I'm a newbie to flashing back, could you point me to which Stock Orange Rom I should flash or which TPT to use to go back to stock Orange? (My Phone is TFT P729B01 - Gen1)

Thanks!

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest simonsays1

I can't see Orange bothering to release Froyo never mind Gingerbread, but even if they did would it be any better than SS or CM7 ?

Guest k0zmic
Well its better than nothing, though maybe they will release a Official 2.3 ROM a few months after the froyo release.

This I doubt, it's not cost effective for them.

I can't see Orange bothering to release Froyo never mind Gingerbread, but even if they did would it be any better than SS or CM7 ?

It won't be better but it means froyo for people still on stock 2.1

Guest nibblemonkey

If this does actually happen (That I really hope it does)

a. It will be amazing as I don't want to unofficially upgrade my phone because I would lose my Warranty

b. This is probaly where Orange would post details about it http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/455481

EDIT: (If anyone is still looking at this) Some people on Android Forums contacted Orange and Orange have said that they are making 2.2 for it, there is a post dated April 12th where someone was told by Orange that they have 2.2 and are putting stuff on it so it seems likely that this is actually going to happen

http://androidforums.com/orange-san-franci...-francisco.html

Edited by nibblemonkey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nibblemonkey
Last 3 days of June, still no sign, am I missing something here? O_o

I know what you mean, I want it to happen this week too.

Although I've been tweeting @OrangeHelpers and @ZTE_UK and it does appear that this is going to happen some when.

From @OrangeHelpers all I got was "Hi. I'm sorry but we have no info on a possible update for the San Francisco I'm afraid" (Here)

But what @ZTE_UK did say something that makes it seem hopeful. They said "Froyo ROM is not available for San Fran in the UK on Orange. EE might be able to help at some point..." (Here) and they also said "I can't really comment more on UK availability of Froyo. EE = Everything Everywhere... aka Orange UK" (Here).

Seeming ZTE said that Orange may be able to help at some point does suggest that they are working on it, same as they say they can't comment on it. But I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens of is.

Guest Magnets
Last 3 days of June, still no sign, am I missing something here? O_o

There's been countless rumours of when an official froyo will be released.