Confusion- how to install ROM on 2.2 factory upgraded Dell XCD35/ZTE blade

Guest DellXCD35

Guest DellXCD35

Hi all,

After reading across various topics and CM7 mods etc i am today in total confusion.

1. People said that i cannot install the TPT CM7 as mine is GEN2 blade now.

2. I saw a thread where its suggested for new partitions and new firmware etc. i am not sure why i need a new firmware.

3. In some topic i read i have to download CM7 and put it in root of sd card and use rom manager to install from SD card.

Now i dont know the exact solution for my handset.

i got it with 2.1 android and then the dell store upgraded it to 2.2 and i have 512mb ram.

so now i dont know which version of CM7 will be stable on my handset and how do i install it.

any kind of step by step help will be highly appreciated.

Guest ufizo

Yours is GEN2 pakka?

Just install rom manager, boot into recovery and install using clockwork like everyone else does. (you need to root your phone first of course)

cm 7.0.2 , 7.0.3 and all the current nighties will run just fine.

Edited by ufizo

Guest DellXCD35
Yours is GEN2 pakka?

Just install rom manager, boot into recovery and install using clockwork like everyone else does. (you need to root your phone first of course)

i installed ask mr pigfish and it says mine is GEN2.

so i installed rom manager. there i can see option download ROM.

I searched in that and i saw 7.0.3.

so do i download directly from rom manager and apply 7.0.3?

what happens to the phone book etc?

i have already taken a back up of my existing rom i.e dell 2.2

Guest ufizo

Sync your contacts with google, they will be restored after your install the ROM, alternatively you may export your contacts as vcf.

Check your PM.

Guest Achal Guglani
Yours is GEN2 pakka?

heyyyy plzzzzz help me....how do i root my dell xcd35 android 2.2 froyo????

plzzzzzz helpp.....

Guest DellXCD35
heyyyy plzzzzz help me....how do i root my dell xcd35 android 2.2 froyo????

plzzzzzz helpp.....

install z4root from android market and hit temporary root. or you can go for permanent root if you have furture plans.

Guest Achal Guglani
install z4root from android market and hit temporary root. or you can go for permanent root if you have furture plans.

yeah i used it....but it is not rooting my phone permanent....when i root it as permanent then superuser do not grants any permission....what should i do????

plzzzzzzzzz help.....

Guest Achal Guglani

if i factory reset my phone then can i able to root permanently????

if i factory reset my phone then can i able to root permanently????

You could've had a custom rom installed 80 minutes ago if you'd followed the link in my post above.

Guest Achal Guglani
You could've had a custom rom installed 80 minutes ago if you'd followed the link in my post above.

but how do i permanently root my phone???

Guest Achal Guglani

plzzzz help me permanently rooting my phone successfully......

but how do i permanently root my phone???

The best way is to install a custom rom, they're all already rooted.

Alternatively you could use kallt's fixed z4root (he fixed it so that permanent root works) if you really want to root your stock rom, the link is right at the top of the page I linked to 2 hours ago, or here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...for-2-2-blades/ , but I'd recommend just using his one click recovery & a custom rom, like the latest CM7 nightly.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Achal Guglani

Alternatively you could use kallt's fixed z4root (he fixed it so that permanent root works) if you really want to root your stock rom, the link is right at the top of the page I linked to 2 hours ago, or here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...for-2-2-blades/ , but I'd recommend just using his one click recovery & a custom rom, like the latest CM7 nightly.

thnxzzzzzz so mch... .it worked.....

Guest Achal Guglani

hii again....can u pllzzzz help me....can i install CM7 on my Dell xcd35 with android 2.2 and 512MB.....plzzzz help meeee.....

Guest shadowninty
hii again....can u pllzzzz help me....can i install CM7 on my Dell xcd35 with android 2.2 and 512MB.....plzzzz help meeee.....

Yes

• 3 months later...
Guest xcd35user

Hello,

I am hoping you can help me out with a rooting issue on Dell XCD35 (ZTE BLADE sold by Dell under their own branding, etc.) which I bought at the Dell Store in Bangalore India in Sept 2011. I tried various one-click universal root softwares and during the process of trying to root an error message says "your pone appears to already be rooted" and "are you sure you want to proceed".

1) So I assumed my phone might have come right out of the box rooted or perhaps my experimenting did something and I just don't know it? At the moment the phone works fine but there is no "ninja" or "super user icon" in my apps listing?

2) When I run ROM Manager's Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Balde. It starts processing and returns an error that says I don't have enough privileges to continue, etc. Which I assume means the phone is not rooted?

So now I am stuck....where I would like to root the phone, and add android 2.3. But don't know what to do next?

Yours is GEN2 pakka?

Guest xcd35user

OK well the problem is solved. And the new OS looks great!!!!!

I basically used the Z4root again just to give it another go. And sure enough the Super User app/icon appeared. This then allowed me to use ROM manager as described in this Youtube video and that was all. Its actually quite simple thanks to the experts who created the 'one-click' softwares to assist in getting it right.

Youtube link for how to install after rooting the Dell XCD35:

Hello,

I am hoping you can help me out with a rooting issue on Dell XCD35 (ZTE BLADE sold by Dell under their own branding, etc.) which I bought at the Dell Store in Bangalore India in Sept 2011. I tried various one-click universal root softwares and during the process of trying to root an error message says "your pone appears to already be rooted" and "are you sure you want to proceed".

1) So I assumed my phone might have come right out of the box rooted or perhaps my experimenting did something and I just don't know it? At the moment the phone works fine but there is no "ninja" or "super user icon" in my apps listing?

2) When I run ROM Manager's Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Balde. It starts processing and returns an error that says I don't have enough privileges to continue, etc. Which I assume means the phone is not rooted?

So now I am stuck....where I would like to root the phone, and add android 2.3. But don't know what to do next?