[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest McrRed
Blue Ginger V2 .

The same problem .

Get FC only in one particular place ( with particular list of WIFI networks ) .

Probably somehow related to ( WPS WIFI router in that location , at least this is the only unusual issue I am aware of .

I'm wondering if this wifi disconnect has something to do with our phone type? On mine you have to press three keys (power+vol down+menu) to get into clockwork....what about you other guys with this problem?

Guest stalker1001
I'm wondering if this wifi disconnect has something to do with our phone type? On mine you have to press three keys (power+vol down+menu) to get into clockwork....what about you other guys with this problem?

I don't have disconnect issues . I have force close issues in "settings->wifi" , in very special circumstances .

Mine is from Orange UK , I've bought it about 1 month ago . Initially was gen1 with Orange ROM .

I can get to clockwork without pressing "menu' , just power + vol down .

Guest DellXCD35

wooohoooo i reinstalled v1 then i installed v2 and did back up of skype and then i installed 3.1 and restored skype and now its working thru the earpiece.

but i am seeing that wifi signal is bit weaker now. any idea why?

Guest redcrash

great rom thanks :)

any chance someone can tell me how to make the power widget light up blue to match the theme instead of green.

Guest Loki86

great work psy

now i try v3 and it's very smooth

1 little iusse i can't see alarm time in lock screen, with cm7 green i saw the alarm time under the time in lock screen

how can i see that in this rom?

Guest INFERNO66

Psyloid

can you try to fix the bug, which always shows logkat ~ every 0,1 sec- E/SharedBufferStack (616) Wait for lock condition failed! - number may be different, time to time. Please. I try your ROM its very nice, but this error drain battery very fast, because cpu working everytime ~ 30% load. Or this error is error in kernel?

Guest Amit.V

I installed V3 yesterday. this it the first time i try blue ginger. My impressions:

1. wi-fi works much better than on CM7 - connects really fast, and no disconnection problems while screen is off.

2. GPS is awsome! syncs after a few seconds even when i'm indoors. in CM7 it took more than a minute sometimes, and never worked indoors.

3. looks like the battery life is much shorter than on cm7. or maybe it's because i didn't do battery calibration yet.

4. i really miss the stock player conrols on lock screen and the power widgets on notification screen.

5. the camera app works much faster. it takes only a second to take a picture (on cm7 i think it was more than 3 seconds) but it's less accurate and most of the pictures are blurry.

6. the g-sensor is too sesnsitive. sometimes it rotates when it shouldn't

psyloid - is there any way to use the wi-fi and GPS drivers on cm7 green?

Edited by Amit.V

Guest Obsydian

Dumb arse nood question, but I installed the ROM, but why do i not get the homescreen layout and shown on theme previews ?

Guest dsig

-enabled dithering for better image quality

What (or where) exactly does dithering do: Media app only or system wide?

Can you help enable it on other ROMs? (I use GSF now.)

Yeah, i can see quite a lot of banding because of Blade's low bit depth display.

Guest Loki86

i try cm7 green and blue ginger

really great work psy

blue ginger is really smooth, doesn't need fix permissions to fix installed app, every work really good

but battery life is much, much better in cm7 green, according to me?

it's possibile have same battery life in both rom?

Guest k0zmic

Psyloid, I figured out why music stutters when sleeping on B4 onwards. You need to set the minimum clock speed to 245MHz then it's fine.

Now I guess you can use a newer beta as the base for Blue Ginger if you like :).

Guest SpeRator

It's possible to update the release to Ginger Stir Fry Beta11? But the aktually release is bases on Beta4?

Edited by SpeRator

Guest kvpaul

First of all thanks for the rom. But after installing the rom, it won't boot up. Mine is gen2 set, done wipe and format system. Any ideas?? Currently running green v5 rom.

Guest evilbrain
Expect V4 tomorrow, based on beta11

Awesome! Looking forward to the v4.

You should think about changing the stock music player with google beta or miui players, both of them function better than the stock one.

Guest DellXCD35

wow v4 would be great ones.

can you also fix the skype throught earpiece too? skype isnt working well here.

also after updating from V2 to V3.1 i am facing low battery life

Guest dilfred

2 questions about this ROM. Having been using V4 green for a long time (and recently switched to V5) I am noticing 2 things that are missing that I liked.

The power widgit and it's functionality, I think this comes from CM7. Is it possible to bring something across? The closest I have found is widgitzoid, but it's not quite there.

The 2nd is being able to turn 3G/2G on/off. The menu option seems to be missing from the Network section, does this mean I cannot get the added benefit of 2G battery life with this ROM?

Just another comment, not really a question, but does the WIFI switch off when screen off, as I used to have it set to never and with V4 green it would reconnect when I woke up my phone, but with this it seems to stay on even when screen off. Have I missed a toggle/option somewhere?

Either way, thank you for a great set of roms so far and please continue, in the mean time have a lovely holiday :blink:)

Guest swisstourist

hi,

-the auto brightness is too abrupt, was better on SS.

-portrait to landscape, too sensitive

-skype come from speaker.

-no ad-hoc

-Blue glow lines(top and down) are missing in some windows

-power controll widget should be blue(and not green), to keep the blue style.

-android market should be blue for same reason as above

Edited by swisstourist

Guest averuga

Hi! I bought a month ago LauncherPro Plus Unlocker in Market , but it does not unlock the LauncherPro in Blue Ginger V3.1

How do I do? thanks