[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

Well unless anyone has some ideas I can try today I'll be taking my phone back to Rogers for repair. Thankfully I can get the stock bin installed (mostly) so the phone will appear to be unrooted :)

Seems every downgrade bin I try however fails at about 80% completion. I'm not sure what fails because the phone reports the correct build that i'm flashing, I'm going to go ahead and assume that its related to the cache issue I'm having.

Guest deepfabry

ya but problem is

now i send phone to assistance but i want to know , why my phone cache was corrupted why?

i would not have same problem another time and and it is right to avoid certain operations if they re implicated

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

Well i'm not sure how you tried to upgrade, but I used the old version of the recovery image and wiped all of my phone data. I unfortunately missed the part that said I shouldn't clear the cache and thats how I ended up where I am. I'm guessing that something in the code for the 2.3.4 release didn't jive with the old recovery version and corrupted the partition.

Guest vache
Well i'm not sure how you tried to upgrade, but I used the old version of the recovery image and wiped all of my phone data. I unfortunately missed the part that said I shouldn't clear the cache and thats how I ended up where I am. I'm guessing that something in the code for the 2.3.4 release didn't jive with the old recovery version and corrupted the partition.

Once again, recovery had issue mounting /data, nothing related to /cache.

Guest deepfabry

would be curious to see what we have done in common with the phone in the past also

version of flash, recovery ADT used ecc

Edited by deepfabry

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Once again, recovery had issue mounting /data, nothing related to /cache.

Well I have no idea what happened then. I wiped my phone completely (including my SD card) before flashing the updated .zip. I did flash the bin before i wiped the phone though, so maybe it was that. Either way the phone is going back to acer.

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Well I have no idea what happened then. I wiped my phone completely (including my SD card) before flashing the updated .zip. I did flash the bin before i wiped the phone though, so maybe it was that. Either way the phone is going back to acer.

Ok so I was lazy yesterday and I didn't want to go to the Rogers store.

@vache,

I have found a few posts on xda developers regarding resizing partitions. I tried to run the recovery.zip file that they created to do that and it seemed to work, but I believe the key combination to get back into recovery is different from our phone and I can't complete the steps. Is this something you could modify or do you know the commands that the recovery image runs? is it possible to use PARTED to erase the entire phone and recreate the partitions? I think I've asked this before but I don't think I've ever received an answer. Flash memory or not, you should still be able to wipe it and repartition it like any other drive..I just don't know linux well enough to do it.

Guest vache
Ok so I was lazy yesterday and I didn't want to go to the Rogers store.

@vache,

I have found a few posts on xda developers regarding resizing partitions. I tried to run the recovery.zip file that they created to do that and it seemed to work, but I believe the key combination to get back into recovery is different from our phone and I can't complete the steps. Is this something you could modify or do you know the commands that the recovery image runs? is it possible to use PARTED to erase the entire phone and recreate the partitions? I think I've asked this before but I don't think I've ever received an answer. Flash memory or not, you should still be able to wipe it and repartition it like any other drive..I just don't know linux well enough to do it.

Can you post point me on the related post(s) ? (it's not really a good idea to launch such scripts as it is, phones have different partitioning)

I can understand that you're disapointed, but be carefull :)

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Can you post point me on the related post(s) ? (it's not really a good idea to launch such scripts as it is, phones have different partitioning)

I can understand that you're disapointed, but be carefull :)

Well its listed as "universal", but I'm at the point now where I can't do much more damage to the phone (if I do happen to brick it somehow, I can always send it back to Acer) and I want to know how to fix something like this (the other reason I haven't sent the phone back yet). The link is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

There are a few other related links but this one seems to be the most complete. Also in this thread he (Firerat) talks about corrupting partitions and says thats its very straight forward to fix! (HAHA). He mentions the fastboot erase system -w (which I have tried several times and does not correct this issue) but he also mentions an adb command that I tried but can't get to work (probably because its a clockwork recovery option only?) the command is:

for i in system cache userdata;do erase_image $i;done

but when I try that command it cannot find erase_image

Guest Mercutius

Hi Vache,

I still run your rom flawlessly since I installed it 2 weeks ago.

I have nevertheless identified one small issue, that still bothers me : the top notifications LED. I use Handcent SMS, and when I receive a message, the corresponding led won't light up. So I tried Go SMS, but it changed nothing at all.

That's when I decided to put up the Acer Iconia SMS/MMS update you gave on first page. And behold ! The LED lights up. Happy me. The only problem is... I find it ugly. So, do you know what might be the problem with the led not working with external apps ?

By the way, the Iconia SMS/MMS app has an issue as well : when I click on the Social Messages tab, it force closes. Is that normal, is it just me ?

Thanks !

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Could you try that :

http://vache-android.com/files/Metal/utils...SuperWipev2.zip (flash it with recovery)

It will call erase_image for /cache only. Once done, reboot in recovery, and then you can reboot in "normal" mode.

Thanks for trying vache, but no good. Cache is still full and I still get the error about the recovery log when booted into recovery. :)

Guest andryandrew
Hi Vache,

I still run your rom flawlessly since I installed it 2 weeks ago.

I have nevertheless identified one small issue, that still bothers me : the top notifications LED. I use Handcent SMS, and when I receive a message, the corresponding led won't light up. So I tried Go SMS, but it changed nothing at all.

That's when I decided to put up the Acer Iconia SMS/MMS update you gave on first page. And behold ! The LED lights up. Happy me. The only problem is... I find it ugly. So, do you know what might be the problem with the led not working with external apps ?

By the way, the Iconia SMS/MMS app has an issue as well : when I click on the Social Messages tab, it force closes. Is that normal, is it just me ?

Thanks !

Same here. I also noticed a strange Magnetometer behaviour

Guest pdafreak

hello for the first I must say really great work!runs very fast.

run this ROM with your 1GHz kernel ?

thanks for your work

Guest Thebushido

Hi. I´m trying to use adt of the first post, but it doesn't work. It just don't start. Can someone give me a type? ty // Done, #"$$#" seven 64bits...

But, now i cant use ADT, i start ADT, select the bin, and then... It does nothing .:\ i press start, and it does nothing. Any idea?

Edited by Thebushido

Guest astuermer

The only bugs I've found so far:

Sometimes after writing an SMS and sending it, the last word of the SMS generates a new SMS which will be saved as draft. I've T9 disabled, so no idea what the problem is...

WLAN and Bluetooth sometimes doesn't connect.

It shows up the "connecting" for a few seconds, then goes back to off.

I've to swithc it on again, then it works...

Guest Thebushido
The only bugs I've found so far:

Sometimes after writing an SMS and sending it, the last word of the SMS generates a new SMS which will be saved as draft. I've T9 disabled, so no idea what the problem is...

WLAN and Bluetooth sometimes doesn't connect.

It shows up the "connecting" for a few seconds, then goes back to off.

I've to swithc it on again, then it works...

I successively flashed already, but it is always crashing, the acer ui, the google account, i´m always getting force close application mensage.:\. Someone had that prob?

Thinking now... what should be my table partition? how can i chose modify it? :\

Now the metal, freeze's at the "android" logo screen. what can i do? plz help. panic :X

Edited by Thebushido

Guest deepfabry

is there a way to trasform a nandroid backup folder to file.bin and flash it via Acer download tool?

i ask this for assitance i have a brand vodafone and can't install recovery o froyo

Guest ptesmoke

Any sunlight causes camera to take white pics. Tried the white balance suggestion and it doesnt help. Any ideas?

If say i wanted to use a custom 2.2.2 rom would i need to downgrade recovery? Do i need to downgrade bin as well?

Guest lgcmn
Any sunlight causes camera to take white pics. Tried the white balance suggestion and it doesnt help. Any ideas?

If say i wanted to use a custom 2.2.2 rom would i need to downgrade recovery? Do i need to downgrade bin as well?

anti-shake on and ur pictures will be fine (but a little bit more noise)..

yep, u need to flash bin and then this recovery