[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

need few minutes,seem freezes don't worry just wait

enter in recovery and full-wipe, also wipe dalvik cache than flash rom again

thank you to both of you, after some wipe and reflash the phone worked well :lol:

hi all, with this rom the led notification with no.stock app of messagging work??

i have the t&l 2.3.4 final, can i wipe all and flash so the zip?

thanks all for reply.

Now with this rom i can't move a lot of app in sd why??i have to partition the sd?I have a micro sd 8gb.

Thanks!!

ps: sorry for my bad english :(

are you italian? i've supposed that reading the nickname :P

if you want you can upgrade to 2.3.6 and flash the 3.0 version of gingerounay.

about the apps, i don't know what do you use for manage the apps but one of the solutions could be to create a ext partition and to use an app or a script that puts part of the memory used from an installed app in it. with a previous version of gingerounay choose gscript, for the last version there is a2sdgui

about the messages notification icon i've experienced the same problem. i'm using handcent. does the problem appare with every other app different from the default?

Guest greystar666

Hi!

I have installed Gingerounay 3.0 (without update yet) following every step. It works great, but every time I open my contact list i get the android.process.acore error. Is there anything solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have installed Gingerounay 3.0 (without update yet) following every step. It works great, but every time I open my contact list i get the android.process.acore error. Is there anything solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Happened to me too, turns out it was because I had another android device syncing with the same gmail account

Guest pigio92

thank you to both of you, after some wipe and reflash the phone worked well :lol:

are you italian? i've supposed that reading the nickname :P

if you want you can upgrade to 2.3.6 and flash the 3.0 version of gingerounay.

about the apps, i don't know what do you use for manage the apps but one of the solutions could be to create a ext partition and to use an app or a script that puts part of the memory used from an installed app in it. with a previous version of gingerounay choose gscript, for the last version there is a2sdgui

about the messages notification icon i've experienced the same problem. i'm using handcent. does the problem appare with every other app different from the default?

yes i'm italian adn you? :)

so i use app2sd, i think that i can't move all apps because i haven't use any script when i flash my rom,

i decide to flash 2.3.6 an after this rom or t&l, now i read the differences :)

thanks for he idea to move apps.

But the actually rom that i use have acer ui breeze with the page to swipe to unock the device.

and in this rom what's the lock screen?

ps:i use handcent like you. Anyone know fix the bug ok the led?

Thank all!!

This is the best forum of liquid metal for me!

Edited by pigio92

Guest fortelux

Yes, just turned sync off on my other android device

i find the problem! The problem is only fb apk, when u sync the contacts...turns the error on, if u don't sync the contacts everything works ok.

Try it.

ciao

Guest harylauw

Vache.please help I cannot activate. App2sd with a2sd gui on gingerounay 3. Partitions are set but when I click try to activate it always back to apps are on internal storage.can you give me gsceipt method like on older gingerounay? Thanks

Guest CedricGatay

Vache.please help I cannot activate. App2sd with a2sd gui on gingerounay 3. Partitions are set but when I click try to activate it always back to apps are on internal storage.can you give me gsceipt method like on older gingerounay? Thanks

If you try to do a2sd install in terminal emulator or adb shell does it work ?

yes i'm italian adn you? :)

so i use app2sd, i think that i can't move all apps because i haven't use any script when i flash my rom,

i decide to flash 2.3.6 an after this rom or t&l, now i read the differences :)

thanks for he idea to move apps.

But the actually rom that i use have acer ui breeze with the page to swipe to unock the device.

and in this rom what's the lock screen?

ps:i use handcent like you. Anyone know fix the bug ok the led?

Thank all!!

This is the best forum of liquid metal for me!

i'm italian too :)

this is the lockscreen

http://i.imgur.com/Oy0h9.jpg

i hope that there will be a fix to message notification led :(

Edited by Ly89

Guest harylauw

If you try to do a2sd install in terminal emulator or adb shell does it work ?

yes it works but showing an error message, saying that partition not mounted, EXT partition not found, etc.

ps. i'm just formatted my microSD using recovery 3.0 and set ext partitions to 512mbytes. what did i miss?

Guest MisfitGeek

Few questions / issues:

• I use 2 accounts on my phone. If most of apps (on market) appear on my main account, I can see few ones also attached on my alternate accound. Do they use twice space? How to get rid of this?
  • Top icons (radio, data, wifi) are mostly green, but sometime white and I can notice they switch from one color to the other when they want... What's this?
  • My mem seems to be full (warning notofication persistent). I'm using link2sd only for apps. I reinstall exactly the same apps than former intallation (metalounay 2.5), take care to get rid of useless versions of system apps and even remove some uselss ones... But mem really seems to be full. Any idea?

Guest pigio92

hi i flash now this rom.

But app2sdgui don't check the option apps are on internal storage :(

now it works, how i move apps to sd ext now??

how i move the app in internal storage?

Edited by pigio92

Few questions / issues:

• I use 2 accounts on my phone. If most of apps (on market) appear on my main account, I can see few ones also attached on my alternate accound. Do they use twice space? How to get rid of this?
  • Top icons (radio, data, wifi) are mostly green, but sometime white and I can notice they switch from one color to the other when they want... What's this?
  • My mem seems to be full (warning notofication persistent). I'm using link2sd only for apps. I reinstall exactly the same apps than former intallation (metalounay 2.5), take care to get rid of useless versions of system apps and even remove some uselss ones... But mem really seems to be full. Any idea?

1.) I don't think they would use space twice.

2.) The Green indicates you're connected to Google services while Grey/White means you're just connected to the internet but not Google.

3.) Try go into Link2SD and then press Menu and then Clean Up Dalvik Cache.

hi i flash now this rom.

But app2sdgui don't check the option apps are on internal storage :(

now it works, how i move apps to sd ext now??

how i move the app in internal storage?

http://attachments.x...80&d=1300033997

If it looks like above with 'Apps are on SD' on Green then they're on the EXT.

You turn it off, either all the apps are on SD or they're they're on the internal memory.

when will support app2sd?

It support link2sd?

thanks

Do you mean App2SD using the EXT partition or the Froyo method i.e. moving to FAT partition on and SD Card?

If so, both of the above methods should work. EXT use the A2SD GUI app and to move apps the Froyo way go into Manage Applications.

AFAIK, it doesn't support Link2SD.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest pigio92

2.) The Green indicates you're connected to Google services while Grey/White means you're just connected to the internet but not Google.

You turn it off, either all the apps are on SD or they're they're on the internal memory.

Do you mean App2SD using the EXT partition or the Froyo method i.e. moving to FAT partition on and SD Card?

If so, both of the above methods should work. EXT use the A2SD GUI app and to move apps the Froyo way go into Manage Applications.

But when i turn on the app in sd it don't work and restore the app on internal memory??why??

edit i tryed with another sd and it works, so why??i partitioned the first and the second sd in the same method, by recovery.

what i have to do??

re-edit: with the sd of 2Gb the apps go in to the sd but i can't restore apps in internal memory.

Edited by pigio92

I mean link2sd..using the ext partition..

It reduce a lot of space in the phone...

Guest MisfitGeek

Great, it's working!

Funny detail. I noticed that when the low mem warning icon is there, top icons stay white. After Dalvik clean up, low mem icon disapear and icon went back to green. When white it was impossible to get mails even when forcing sync. Itry to reinstall few apps and low mem icon went back. Guess what... top icon stay white... uninstall + clean up dalvik = no low mem and green was back...

About apps attached to second account, it seems that origin was the recent bug (now fixed) on the market : random switch between accounts... I certainly install / update some apps on the second account without noticing.

Another question : how to get rid off the "installed apps" listed on the market ?

Guest chemicalbuz

i'm italian too :)

this is the lockscreen

http://i.imgur.com/Oy0h9.jpg

i hope that there will be a fix to message notification led :(

i'm italian too ;) nice to see lot of italians on modaco :) i'm thinking to open an italian facebook group on liquid mt, what do you think about that?

Edited by chemicalbuz

Guest pigio92

i'm italian too ;) nice to see lot of italians on modaco :) i'm thinking to open an italian facebook group on liquid mt, what do you think about that?

good idea :)

Show my question :(

So i have another question.

i have a lot of application that i can't move to sd, for exaple

google maps

androidsync manager

googlevoice

why?

now i use the sd 2gb, i have this rom (3.0.1) and the partition ext ok 430 MB.

Why i can't move all apss into sd?

So i think link2sd work better of a2sdgui? or both allow to move the same (number) application and not all?

Because i change rom (t&l 2.3.4 final) because i haven't space, few apps that i install that i can move tu sd with app2sd.

What's the problem?my sd or the partition?

Or is the same for all people?

Hi having trouble flashing gingerounay,my lm 2.3.6 I have recovery cwm 3, have download gingerounay copied to SD then boot to

recover did all the wipes and then flash ginger zip then reboot,lm boots Acer screen then android screen and does not go any further I tried a reflash but still the same help please

Just flashed t&l 2.3.6 with no problems,some thing funny going on with gingerounay I think :(

Edited by tim1

So i have another question.

i have a lot of application that i can't move to sd, for exaple

google maps

androidsync manager

googlevoice

why?

now i use the sd 2gb, i have this rom (3.0.1) and the partition ext ok 430 MB.

Why i can't move all apss into sd?

So i think link2sd work better of a2sdgui? or both allow to move the same (number) application and not all?

Because i change rom (t&l 2.3.4 final) because i haven't space, few apps that i install that i can move tu sd with app2sd.

What's the problem?my sd or the partition?

Or is the same for all people?

The bolded apps are probably system apps. System apps can't be moved to the SD Card or the EXT partition.

Both essentially do the same thing except Link2SD lets you pick and choose what apps you move to the EXT whereas the A2SD GUI is all or nothing. In my experience on the Liquid Link2SD seems to work better.

Moving those apps won't work for other people either.

Guest pigio92

The bolded apps are probably system apps. System apps can't be moved to the SD Card or the EXT partition.

Both essentially do the same thing except Link2SD lets you pick and choose what apps you move to the EXT whereas the A2SD GUI is all or nothing. In my experience on the Liquid Link2SD seems to work better.

Moving those apps won't work for other people either.

and how i install link2sd??i have to use another rom?

I also saw that this rom, the mobile connection don't use Hdspa (i always see 3g and not H in the notification bar), why?

Edited by pigio92

and how i install link2sd??i have to use another rom?

I also saw that this rom, the mobile connection don't use Hdspa (i always see 3g and not H in the notification bar), why?

Unless there's a patch for Link2SD for this ROM you'll probably just have to use another ROM.

It does, it just doesn't show it in the status bar which is controlled by the SystemUI.apk.