Moving APK files to SDCard?

Guest Chinren

Guest Chinren

Does anyone know a good way/app (preferably free!!) to move the APK install file of an app from wherever it is in the memory to the SDCard?

I don't want the installed files, just the initially downloaded APK file. I can't find them in the phone's memory.

Guest Daz555

I'm not sure I understand. If you downloaded an APK file (in order to install a non-market app for example), then surely you KNOW where you downloaded it to?

Guest Chinren
I'm not sure I understand. If you downloaded an APK file (in order to install a non-market app for example), then surely you KNOW where you downloaded it to?

Well yes, if I download the APK file that way I do. However my HTC phone I bought in Hong Kong, and it has the English version app market on, which is good. My Asus Transformer I bought here in China though, and only has some crappy Chinese app market on. Until I pluck up enough courage to root and reflash it, I'd like to transfer a couple of apps from my phone, downloaded from the market, to my pad. (Rather than search out the APK file).

The problem is I don't know where (if anywhere) the APK file is stored on the non-SD card memory on my phone. Hence the question above. :)

Guest Daz555

Installed apps on the phone should be located in system/app and data/app. However to get at protected apps you're are going to need a rooted phone.

You can get at the apps via ADB if you want but a tool like MyBackup will also do the trick.

• 10 months later...
Guest macnoodle

Astro File Explorer has a nifty App Backup feature where you can save all installed apk's on your phone. It saves them under a directory on your SD card: sdcard/backups/apps

• 2 months later...
Guest lrm537

ES Explorer has a backup feature that places the apk's of any/all installed apps into a folder on your SD card called Backups > Apps.

From there you can zip them up for storage or copy them to another device. No data is backed up, just the app apk.

• 2 months later...