2.3 Gigerbread official release

Guest spyb0y

Guest spyb0y

I have emailed LG Customer Services and they respond:

"Dear customer, the official android 2.3 gingerbread update for your device will be available in september this year."

until then....I hope we will get some custom ROM`s.

• 2 months later...
Guest FatherD

Looking forward to this GB release (if it actually happens!)

My Black is running 10c, it seems pretty responsive, with fair battery life - but I hope GB makes the same difference it did to my zte-blade, it improved battery life by around 40% :)

Loving the phone otherwise, bagged it for a song on ebay, excellent screen, plays nicely with my 16GB Class6 card, Launcher Pro runs smooth as butter, camera is fine, basic, but fine, build quality is good for what is basically a very thin plastic phone - good all round job LG :D

EDIT: ... and I would love to see an MCR for this!

EDIT: 3 months later .. still no Gingerbread .. LG you suck like no other. NEVER again will I buy an LG product, not so much as a toaster!

Edited by FatherD

Today I ran the LG PC Suite and it said that there is software update for my P970.

I wanted to update but afraid I will lost all my installed apps. How can I backup installed apps without install them again?

Guest ironside_online

Titanium Backup is pretty much the default choice for backups. You need to have a rooted phone though.

Edited by ironside_online

Titanium Backup is pretty much the default choice for backups. You need to have a rooted phone though.

Installed Titanium Backup. But shall I only backup all user apps or backup all user apps + system data?

Because the system will be upgraded, can the backup system data be restored?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest FatherD

Hi guys, Gingerbread will be released at the end of October 2011 or maximum before January 2012. That's what official LG says

Thanks .. but I have a feeling that LG will fail on that deadline, they have a raft of new phones and screen tech coming through, they have already shown that they want only our money and couldn't care less if we are lied to about updates - so .. is this news the truth? .. naaah!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...