when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

Guest cooldfuzion

Guest Özgürce

I don't know why but i don't really belive meaning of "soon" on this. Because he stated before (before vacation) he nearly finished the build. But after one and half month everything seems like the same. I know he had real life problems and i don't blame him for anything but i'm lose my hopes for official cm7 will released soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anteus

I won't even dignify this with a proper response. *sigh*

It would be fun if you could drop a line on whats left on CM7 (I read on your twitter that it wasn't much left) :)

• 3 weeks later...

We could hope for little things like all hw working including wifi/usb tethering, no roaming with virtual operators, being able to use PIN and so on :-)

Internal flash being accessible would be bonus..

MMS without having to enable data, such as MIUI and stock roms would be spot on ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Özgürce

I wonder when Huawei will release the 2.3 update? I know Jacobs CM7 is virtually done though.

I see the weibo post. And there is huawei device forum sticky post about u8800+ update will released 31.10.2011.(tomorrow) There is a weibo post old u8800 will get 2.3 end of november too.

http://weibo.com/u/1100856704

http://forum.xda-dev...=1269768&page=8

http://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice/posts/257107687668915

Edited by Özgürce

I see the weibo post. And there is huawei device forum sticky post about u8800+ update will released 31.10.2011.(tomorrow) There is a weibo post old u8800 will get 2.3 end of november too.

http://weibo.com/u/1100856704

http://forum.xda-dev...=1269768&page=8

http://www.facebook....257107687668915

Serious I can't understand.

Now that Custom roms are planning to go to ICS why the hell are you all excited for an official release of 2.3????

We have this for our devices months ago and when huawei release it we will be already on a superior level (ICS)

oh, no. please don't tell me. You are stuck in Froyo's and you didn't know that that we are already using 2.3.7 roms..... O.M.F.G!!!!!

Edited by PJ77

Guest Özgürce

Serious I can't understand.

Now that Custom roms are planning to go to ICS why the hell are you all excited for an official release of 2.3????

We have this for our devices months ago and when huawei release it we will be already on a superior level (ICS)

oh, no. please don't tell me. You are stuck in Froyo's and you didn't know that that we are already using 2.3.7 roms..... O.M.F.G!!!!!

Are you badword'n kidding me? I don't need your opinion about my excitment. What exactly do you have? Do you you have any fully functional rom?

I already aware all of custom roms. I'm using MIUI right now.

ICS sources not even released yet. Who is working on it?

Edited by Özgürce

Guest That-Guy

OK lets not start again guys!

Official 2.3 will be great as it should have updated Kernel, updated libs etc which can be used in Custom ROMs. They should also help fix things like the green line on Camera, Sensor Lag and other things :)

So back on topic......Official CM7 Coming Soon!

Guest Sami Beck

Some people in this forum need to give Jacob some respect, If your so eager use the KANG ROM? He spending his time doing a good job that will be solid and work well. He doesn't make profit from doing this and stupid forums where people bad mouth him certainly aren't going to help..............

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day

Guest Özgürce

Some people in this forum need to give Jacob some respect, If your so eager use the KANG ROM? He spending his time doing a good job that will be solid and work well. He doesn't make profit from doing this and stupid forums where people bad mouth him certainly aren't going to help..............

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day

Respect can't be given. It only be earned. Yes i respect Jacob and his work as already stated. I always talking about timing. If you do read, you can see it. Making profit? Is there any developer making profit for they work on android roms? Is the miui team making profit? Or CM7 or the oxygen? Do you know why? Whatever.

There was a campaign about buy him a phone, and people helped it. It was finished 20 June 2011. I know he have some problems with the shipments in first phone. But as I know it was solved. Its been long time from that day and we doesn't even see the nightlies. If other people happy about it, they can be happy i don't have problem with it. But I really wait for his release before his vacation. He said It can be finished before the vacation. After he return 2 (not sure) month passed. There is not release. So i can speak about it. I can speak about my disappointment.

Isn't that what forums is? Users & Opinions?

I don't really need any person to say "stupid" to me, as i don't use badword about anyone.

Anyway.

That was the last post from me on that topic. If any harm done, i'm sorry.

Edited by Özgürce

Give MIUI a try, Özgürce. Stockwell's MIUI port is now on miui.us which means weekly over-the-air updates and everything.  I actually prefer MIUI to CM7, though if I'd paid someone money I guess I'd have a vested interest to see the work finished too. Maybe consider it a sunk cost and just move on instead of waiting with a (horrible, by comparison) stock ROM. Or at least give MIUI a try in the meantime.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1152240 .. Latest version has USB tethering working too apparently.

Edited by @trk

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Respect can't be given. It only be earned. Yes i respect Jacob and his work as already stated. I always talking about timing. If you do read, you can see it. Making profit? Is there any developer making profit for they work on android roms? Is the miui team making profit? Or CM7 or the oxygen? Do you know why? Whatever.

There was a campaign about buy him a phone, and people helped it. It was finished 20 June 2011. I know he have some problems with the shipments in first phone. But as I know it was solved. Its been long time from that day and we doesn't even see the nightlies. If other people happy about it, they can be happy i don't have problem with it. But I really wait for his release before his vacation. He said It can be finished before the vacation. After he return 2 (not sure) month passed. There is not release. So i can speak about it. I can speak about my disappointment.

Isn't that what forums is? Users & Opinions?

I don't really need any person to say "stupid" to me, as i don't use badword about anyone.

Anyway.

That was the last post from me on that topic. If any harm done, i'm sorry.

There's a variety of reasons for this. I've hit some roadblocks trying to do things in a way which can be accepted into the CM tree (an issue which the other ROMs haven't had to face). As well as this, my parents are divorcing. My mam moved out yesterday, so I now have two homes. My dev PC is only at one of them, you do the maths.

Believe it or not, I'm also disappointed with how slow this progress has been. I can only hope to make it up to you by getting official CM9 releases out quicker than I get the CM7 ones out.

FYI, it is genuinely not far from done now, but I've not been able to work on it for a week or so, and probably won't be able to for a further week or so.

I am now getting help from Tom_G (the person I work with on the blade port), so hopefully he can help make up for my lack of time so you can have the official port sooner rather than later.

Again, sorry that it's not done yet. It really should be, and I'm as disappointed as you are about it.

A note to everyone: Please don't hate on me. It just pisses me off, it doesn't help motivate me to get you it any sooner, so just give it up.