when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

Guest cooldfuzion

There's a variety of reasons for this. I've hit some roadblocks trying to do things in a way which can be accepted into the CM tree (an issue which the other ROMs haven't had to face). As well as this, my parents are divorcing. My mam moved out yesterday, so I now have two homes. My dev PC is only at one of them, you do the maths.

Believe it or not, I'm also disappointed with how slow this progress has been. I can only hope to make it up to you by getting official CM9 releases out quicker than I get the CM7 ones out.

FYI, it is genuinely not far from done now, but I've not been able to work on it for a week or so, and probably won't be able to for a further week or so.

I am now getting help from Tom_G (the person I work with on the blade port), so hopefully he can help make up for my lack of time so you can have the official port sooner rather than later.

Again, sorry that it's not done yet. It really should be, and I'm as disappointed as you are about it.

A note to everyone: Please don't hate on me. It just pisses me off, it doesn't help motivate me to get you it any sooner, so just give it up.

Do not stress for the rom. We can wait for rom, 'cause we have stable other roms. Focus on your real life, it's more important.

Guest Pulseuser1

Thanks for the response Jacob, i knew you were still there! :P You're doing a real good job. Just take all the time you need, these things take time...and anyway family is more important than all this stuff, keep cool bro B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest iakoboss7

Cyanogen's first rule:

Never ask for ETA!

its something that was supposed to be released at July... thats why i am asking for an ETA... cause its MONTHS late -.-'' and at least knowing what is happening is something...

its something that was supposed to be released at July... thats why i am asking for an ETA... cause its MONTHS late -.-'' and at least knowing what is happening is something...

I guess it was harder than he first thought and then IRL stuff got in the way?

Guest That-Guy

I would imagine the Official 2.3 update should help fixing the last few things but he currently has a very busy personal life (uni interviews etc) so please bare this in mind :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iakoboss7

oO still nothing??? not even an answer? after so many ppl donated all that money and after all those months cant you even reply on the forum? omg...

yeah personal life comes 1st BUT when ppl donated cause you said you are gonna release an official cm for it and its been ~5 months from that time (and we havent even seen a nightly, a beta, a demo, something) you dont even reply here? its been OVER A MONTH from your last reply here!! we want to know what is happening with details please! and we need an ETA... (you said its not far from done before 5 weeks!!! and before 3 weeks you said that only camera preview is left... so what is happening now?).

sorry for all that BUT if you can reply here once and then (not once a month lol) with progress news ETA etc it would be VERYYYYYYYY APPRECIATED

Edited by iakoboss7

Guest Simon O

Jesus whats with the hate? All he promised was to work on CM which he has been doing. Other developers have benefited from the work he has been doing even if he hasn't released a rom himself.

And you wonder why some developers quit. Just because he got donations doesn't mean he owes you or anyone else anything.

Guest ADAMRNZ

Jesus whats with the hate? All he promised was to work on CM which he has been doing. Other developers have benefited from the work he has been doing even if he hasn't released a rom himself.

And you wonder why some developers quit. Just because he got donations doesn't mean he owes you or anyone else anything.

Amen,

People need to realise that it's a donation, not a payment for a service. I made a donation to Jacob at the time and am happy to keep waiting.

Some more regular updates would be nice, just to know he hasn't given up =)

Guest demolition23

I'm not hate anyone! I know that Jacob working on cm for u8800,still have bugs...he could release a beta,so other developers could help. I wish he release this ROM soon. I can be beta tester!

Sent from my IDEOS X5

Edited by demolition23

Hang him!!!

Hang him by the neck and burn him!!!! aargh

lolololol

Leave the man alone once and for all.

You wish that he releases a version fast enough to make you happy but then full of bugs??

Let him get the U8800 so he can test hes work properly and then release it with minimum bugs possible.

PS. but if you want to hang and burn him please invite me for the BBQ lololol

Guest Barleyman

Afaik he got the phone donated, which was very cheap to start with. Personally I'd be pretty happy if he'd just patch existing kang to fix wifi hotspots.. Or if anyone else did.

Guest iakoboss7

Hello,

You may have seen me posting in the past couple of days about getting a U8800, and trying to help out a little bit. I work on CyanogenMod and maintain the HTC Wildfire and ZTE Blade builds. I'd really love to work on the U8800, but unfortunately, there is not a lot I can do for the U8800 until I get one for myself. I have tried developing for a device without actually owning it before, and it's something I'd rather not go through again.

As such, I plan to purchase a U8800 as soon as I can, but I'm only 17 and my part time job really doesn't pay me much. It could take me 2-3 months before I have enough to buy one.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in donating towards a device? I hate to ask, but I really want to help you guys out and it's the only way I can see it realistically happening any time soon. I promise that any money which gets sent to my paypal (link in my signature) will be used solely for a U8800, and I promise that I'll get you a properly working CyanogenMod 7 build as soon as I can once I get the device.

Thanks in advance to anybody who is willing to donate,

Jacob

---- ---------- ----------- --------- -------- --------- -------- --------- --------- -------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------- -------- --------- --------- ----------

^ that was his post in xda. i post that here just so you can see that the "deal" (yes that is a bad word but i hope you can get my point there) was to buy him a u8800 and he will in return release an official cm!

even though i only asked for him to post here about what is going on with some details and some kind of an ETA! i dont want to kill him hang him or whatever, i just want some info cause we at least deserve that (specially the ppl that donated)

Edited by iakoboss7

Guest Simon O

Hello,

You may have seen me posting in the past couple of days about getting a U8800, and trying to help out a little bit. I work on CyanogenMod and maintain the HTC Wildfire and ZTE Blade builds. I'd really love to work on the U8800, but unfortunately, there is not a lot I can do for the U8800 until I get one for myself. I have tried developing for a device without actually owning it before, and it's something I'd rather not go through again.

As such, I plan to purchase a U8800 as soon as I can, but I'm only 17 and my part time job really doesn't pay me much. It could take me 2-3 months before I have enough to buy one.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in donating towards a device? I hate to ask, but I really want to help you guys out and it's the only way I can see it realistically happening any time soon. I promise that any money which gets sent to my paypal (link in my signature) will be used solely for a U8800, and I promise that I'll get you a properly working CyanogenMod 7 build as soon as I can once I get the device.

Thanks in advance to anybody who is willing to donate,

Jacob

^ that was his post in xda. i post that here just so you can see that the "deal" (yes that is a bad word but i hope you can get my point there) was to buy him a u8800 and he will in return release an official cm!

even though i only asked for him to post here about what is going on with some details and some kind of an ETA! i dont want to kill him hang him or whatever, i just want some info cause we at least deserve that (specially the ppl that donated)

I have higlighted a specific part of his message which people are missing. No promise was made that CM7 would be made available by a specific time, only when he can. Jacob has had to deal with a lot of personal problems which means things like CM7 had to take a backseat for a long period of time. I know there are some people selfish enough not to give a s**t about his personal issues and just keep on demanding that he releases CM7. After all, you paid for it right? Stop being so stupid. You donated a device to a developer to start work on a port. It became clear that it wasn't going to be as easy as first thought, it was further delayed due to very serious personal problems and it's taken a lot longer than expected. But in the words of CyanogenMod.. the first rule of CyanogenMod is that you do not ask for ETAs.

If you desperately want to run CM7 then go and use the port that genokolar put together. I know for a fact that code developed by Jacob was sent to genokolar, dzo and stockwell and a large portion was uses in their own roms. So if you still think Jacob has not released anything then you need to think again.

tl;dr: You donated to get a device to a developer who made no promises how long it would take. Personal life happened, things got delayed, code was given to other developers to keep the community happy. Work still goes on. When it's done, it's done. Don't ask for an ETA.

Guest iakoboss7

its bad asking for info too? cause if you read better my post (and the posts above) my main target is to ask for INFO about how is he going, what has been done, what works, what not, and MAYBE how long will it take to see a release (an estimation).