LG G2x P-999DW DEAD! Flash Original Firmware? What Do I do?!

Guest Annnndrew12

Guest Annnndrew12

Ok so I just got my T-Mobile G2X yesterday. I rooted it, installed Rom Manager ect... I put on a ROM without a clean install (woops), and now I can't connect to wifi, or flash clockwork recovery, or even open most apps without them crashing. Phone is basically useless (dead). When I hold power and Vol down, I get to the Android Recovery &lt;3e&gt; Screen (Not clockwork recovery). I can use Vol up and down to navigate the menu, but I cannot select any options. I have tried every button combo possible. It just wont work (trust me I'm not retarded). I have read some articles on flashing the original firmware. And to me it sounds like I need to download SmartFlash for the P-990, and the two firmware files for the G2X. But I'm afraid I'm going to screw up the baseband or brick the phone? WHAT CAN I DO?! I'm pretty desperate here, I don't wanna go back to my iPhone, i just converted to androidism!<br><br>UPDATE: I also no longer have root somehow... When I type su or sudo in

terminal I get: Permission Denied. I cannot boot into clockwork recovery

via Rom Manager either. Nothing happens when I press it. <br><br>Phone info:<br><br>Model Number: LG-P999<br>Android Version 2.3.4<br>Baseband Version: M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.970T 1 [MAR 27 2011 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R_MDM<br>Kernel version: 2.6.32.41-EaglesBlood <br>Mod Version: CyanogenMode-EagleBlood_v1.3<br>Build Number: GRJ22<br>

Edited by Annnndrew12

Guest Fajar EP

Ok so I just got my T-Mobile G2X yesterday. I rooted it, installed Rom Manager ect... I put on a ROM without a clean install (woops), and now I can't connect to wifi, or flash clockwork recovery, or even open most apps without them crashing. Phone is basically useless (dead). When I hold power and Vol down, I get to the Android Recovery &lt;3e&gt; Screen (Not clockwork recovery). I can use Vol up and down to navigate the menu, but I cannot select any options. I have tried every button combo possible. It just wont work (trust me I'm not retarded). I have read some articles on flashing the original firmware. And to me it sounds like I need to download SmartFlash for the P-990, and the two firmware files for the G2X. But I'm afraid I'm going to screw up the baseband or brick the phone? WHAT CAN I DO?! I'm pretty desperate here, I don't wanna go back to my iPhone, i just converted to androidism!<br><br>UPDATE: I also no longer have root somehow... When I type su or sudo in

terminal I get: Permission Denied. I cannot boot into clockwork recovery

via Rom Manager either. Nothing happens when I press it. <br><br>Phone info:<br><br>Model Number: LG-P999<br>Android Version 2.3.4<br>Baseband Version: M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.970T 1 [MAR 27 2011 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R_MDM<br>Kernel version: 2.6.32.41-EaglesBlood <br>Mod Version: CyanogenMode-EagleBlood_v1.3<br>Build Number: GRJ22<br>

sorry to hear that, but first :

1. this is p990 subforum, so you may not get problem solving here, try p999 subform(g2x)

2. smarflash as far i know only for p990, i never read there is smartflash for p999.

3. you can't use smartflash p990 because it's different partition configuration, my though if you use smartflash for p990, your phone will be p990 and using p990 baseband, you may even make your phone can't get to telco because imcompatible frequency

4. you may need to check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=14159600#post14159600. It may help to restore your g2x to stock.

Guest Annnndrew12

I had to use NVFlash. The program is really finicky, I tried it on 3 computers before I was successful. I learned from trial and error that you must hold the Vol up & Vol down the entire time. I hope this helps anyone else that was stuck in my predicament.

• 7 months later...
Guest travisb302

I had to use NVFlash. The program is really finicky, I tried it on 3 computers before I was successful. I learned from trial and error that you must hold the Vol up & Vol down the entire time. I hope this helps anyone else that was stuck in my predicament.

Guest travisb302

OK I don't know how to do this but my phone haven't been root it yet but I can't use my power button to select it let me go up and down

Guest Koocha

THANK YOU! I kept getting stuck at the bootloader failing!