Nom nom tastes like 2X Gingerbread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fifi139

In fairness, with the most recent release (especially Fr19?) it works pretty great imho...

P

Yupe! much better than fr18 imho. Only had one BSOD and a few reboots after 3 weeks, as long as I'm not using heavy apps like gps or games while charging it.

Guest mparack

In fairness, with the most recent release (especially Fr19?) it works pretty great imho...

P

Agree. I meant people who are reluctant to flash custom ROMS and would prefer a good stock ROM.

Guest Marcus Reichert

Paul, I am paying member and like your work really much and FR19 is great but I thing Cyanogen aka CB runs better and more smooth.

It depends on Gingerbread. Froyo is really not good for Dual Core.

I just got my Optimus 3d and the hardware is great but Froyo is even worth than on LG2X.

It feels so slow.

So thats why I wait for your built here in this threat - I hope we get it this weekend

Regards and hugs

Marcus

Guest jon.m.knight

didn't realise that BSOD's were so prominent / such an issue. .. I'm assuming these are when the 2x displays the black screen for a prolonged period of time, then vibrates? From memory I've only ever had 2 of these since I had my handset 3+1/2 months ago.

Re: Battery. I get probably a day and a half tops with medium use; but that's only thanks to 3rd party apps such as juicedefender & setcpu (with profiles). I'm not expecting any better from gingerbread.

Whilst on the subject of batteru - I seriously don't understand why everyone complains about it. Any more than a day and you're doing good in my opinion - people need to appriciete that we're dealing with superphones thesedays, not nokia 1600's (that you can keep on under your bed for half a year without a charge!) It's not the fault of the manufacter, the ROM, Paul, or your usage - it's the fact that battery technology has not kept up with everything else hardware-wise that lives inside a superphone!!

P.S - Batkoto - thanks

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest nomistake

Whilst on the subject of batteru - I seriously don't understand why everyone complains about it. Any more than a day and you're doing good in my opinion

I am yet to see people complain that get more then a day out of their standard LG 2x juice. Mine doesn't make it through the day and needs to be refueled after 6-8 hours of little use. Maybe it's just me, but I find that a 'not so good' durability.

And yeah, looking forward to Paul's great work on GB. I'm really eager to hear if there are any cool new features implemented and how ie. 720 or 1080 MKV files play on the device.

Cheers! :)

Guest stuartrace

I am yet to see people complain that get more then a day out of their standard LG 2x juice. Mine doesn't make it through the day and needs to be refueled after 6-8 hours of little use. Maybe it's just me, but I find that a 'not so good' durability.

And yeah, looking forward to Paul's great work on GB. I'm really eager to hear if there are any cool new features implemented and how ie. 720 or 1080 MKV files play on the device.

Cheers! :)

I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I do find that one of the best battery savers for me is to switch to 2G networks (with a widget/power bar preferably so it's just an easy click) - leaving it in 2G mode gives me much more juice! But if you're a 'keen' user of your phone anyway, it may not make much difference of course :) Gotta use it though, that's what we buy em for!

Guest Clone519

I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I do find that one of the best battery savers for me is to switch to 2G networks (with a widget/power bar preferably so it's just an easy click) - leaving it in 2G mode gives me much more juice! But if you're a 'keen' user of your phone anyway, it may not make much difference of course :) Gotta use it though, that's what we buy em for!

Guest goatee

I use FR19 with Green Power to activate 3G data once every 4 hours, and all the time the screen is unlocked. With that, and an Exchange email account, GMail account, Twitter all syncing, plus calls and texting, I get two full days (7am day 1 - 10pm day 2) use (no airplane mode overnight) on a fairly regular basis.

Edited by goatee

Guest Topogigi

I could understand that waiting for a rom release can be a very good way to exercise patience and the temptation to kill time chatting about other things could be very strong, but there are hundreds of threads about battery life, sod issues and other things like those. Try to keep this thread clean please, do it for all the subscribers that come here to see if there are news items and find the zillionth unuseful post about how long a battery cycle lasts for anyone.... rolleyes.gif

Guest Squide

there are plenty of replacement batteries with charger on ebay and they are cheap!

ignore the battery level and enjoy your phone by fully ultilize its capabilities!!

or just switch it off if your enjoyment is come from the long battery life. :)

you get my point?

Guest nomistake

there are plenty of replacement batteries with charger on ebay and they are cheap!

ignore the battery level and enjoy your phone by fully ultilize its capabilities!!

or just switch it off if your enjoyment is come from the long battery life. :)

you get my point?

So if you buy a brand new Porsche and they put in an engine that's is comparable to a 4 year old Fiat Panda and someone tells you, you can go ahead and buy a better one on Ebay but should enjoy the audio system on the carpark, you will follow his advise? ;)

Guest Squide

i mean get some more spare batteries..

they are cheap and the battery drain will not be a problem any more.

it is non sense to not to use the phone so often in order to have a long battery life.

what's the point for a long battery life if you can't fully ultilize its capability.

Guest Marcus Reichert

He Paul, do you have a new status for your work ? The first few days you posted about your work an Gingerbread but now nothing.

It would be great if you tell us if you are still on it, how it works ( better than Froyo ), what efforts still to do and so on.

I mean no eta or so - yust whats going on.

Have a very nice weekend - ok out in the sun is better than flashing fu... phones

Best greetings from Bavaria in Germania

Guest Grantzxr

i mean get some more spare batteries..

they are cheap and the battery drain will not be a problem any more.

it is non sense to not to use the phone so often in order to have a long battery life.

what's the point for a long battery life if you can't fully ultilize its capability.

got 2 original lg batterys for 18 £ now i run everything maxed all the time :)

Guest mattfigaro

Paul please tell us what's going on :-)

He is a family man with family commitments and it is the weekend.

We will get it soon enough

Guest Batkoto

Hi Paul, and what does it mean ?

No Release for us ?

Have a good Sunday

M.

In case you type means you can read...

Go back from the beginning of the topic and read carefully, it's been explained at least 10 times that MCR will come when Paul is feeling confident with his tweaks.

It's also weekend and you seriously don't expect family man to leave his family and release SW for you.

Guest sckank

The G2X release was a LOT more 'stable' and 'final'...!

P

Doesnt sound good. Lot of work to do, or are you gonna let this one go?

Guest PhilNelwyn

What do you mean with this ?

I do not see what you mean in the other threat

Gr1 is coming, let Paul work on it, I don't see the point of asking for news about it every single day.