Nom nom tastes like 2X Gingerbread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hello

You know you say it is unnecessary to asks for news every day.

Bye the way Paul started this Threat himself and at first he gave a lot of infos. Then suddenly he stopped.

I think if he stopped he could tell this with one word or tell us that he stooped or the Build ge got was not to use.

Just one sentence everyday and no questions from his customers ( us ). I am paying member.

GR1 is comming - and I just laugh - I always thoudgt Samsung is weak in Support but what LG does here is crapwere,

I bought the phone for already 3 month and unit now they did not release any Stock Rom.

All the people saying it is running on stock just should see the SGS2 running Stock.

Also CYANOGEN was better and faster after 2 weeks work.

So I think GR1 will be very disappointing.

I just hat the shock with the optimus 3d - the Foyo Firmware is so shity - unbelievable.

Still my Palm Pre seems faster that this Dualcore phone.

So I lost all hope for LG Firmware . Great hardware - but no idea of building a Firmware

and delivering a working product to customers.

This was a bit off topic -

Guest Marcus Reichert

No Froyo has absolutley no chance against Gingerbread or Cyanogen 7.1 GB

Even the first alpha of Cyan GB was much faster than any Modaco Build or Srock Build

and I tested them all

Guest Marcus Reichert

Please - I do not want to sound mad or bad or harm anyone - it is only I am sick of Froyo on DualCore.

On Single Core it was great

regards M.

Guest Batkoto

Please - I do not want to sound mad or bad or harm anyone - it is only I am sick of Froyo on DualCore.

On Single Core it was great

regards M.

You obviously don't know what you want and what you're saying.

Guest achim w.

You obviously don't know what you want and what you're saying.

Sorry Marcus - but I have to agree. Stop yourself, sit back and learn your English before getting a nuisance for all of us

I think i've massaged the Gingerbread leak into half decent shape... so expect a Gr1 Alpha kitchen today. For the first few days it'll be kitchen only as i'll be rolling updates very rapidly to bring it up to Fr19 featureset. :) Hoping to be prebake-ready midweek.

P

Guest Jack B

I think i've massaged the Gingerbread leak into half decent shape... so expect a Gr1 Alpha kitchen today. For the first few days it'll be kitchen only as i'll be rolling updates very rapidly to bring it up to Fr19 featureset. :) Hoping to be prebake-ready midweek.

P

Love ya'.tongue.gif

Guest Nolsen

P

Now I really really regret having sent mine to the repair shop :-(

Really great job Paul :D

Guest jon.m.knight

@Marcus or anyone else that matter who moans about LG android updates... I'm personally sick and tired of the same repeating record over and over "LG are rubbish, why did I get this handset blah blah blah" ...

.. So, first of all, let me just clarify the reasons why I personally got an LGO2X.

1) First dual core available

2) The build quality was reported to be better than other dual cores

3) Fantastic reviews of the G2X (Running STOCK ANDROID!!)

4) was cheap compared to the estimated prices of other dual cores

5) Was rooted (thanks Paul!) almost instantly

6) Cyanogen and other key players of the team got one

You can see a trend here... Dev support / Ditch all association to LG.

I knew from various reports I've read in the past (http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/android_update_likelihood_calculated_carrier_and_manufacturer) that LG aren't too good with supporting their released handsets to say the least.. If anyone had done their research like myself you'd know that LG would be hard pushed to deviate from this..

If you've bought an LG product expecting regular updates then more fool you! It's like someone buying an Alpha Romeo and moaning when the electrics break on it.. There's a phrase that comes to mind - old habbits die hard.

Get used to it.

Guest jon.m.knight

P

<ferrero.rocher> Ambassador you are really spoiling us </ferrero.rocher>

Guest zebbe77

@Marcus or anyone else that matter who moans about LG android updates... I'm personally sick and tired of the same repeating record over and over "LG are rubbish, why did I get this handset blah blah blah" ...

.. So, first of all, let me just clarify the reasons why I personally got an LGO2X.

1) First dual core available

2) The build quality was reported to be better than other dual cores

3) Fantastic reviews of the G2X (Running STOCK ANDROID!!)

4) was cheap compared to the estimated prices of other dual cores

5) Was rooted (thanks Paul!) almost instantly

6) Cyanogen and other key players of the team got one

You can see a trend here... Dev support / Ditch all association to LG.

I knew from various reports I've read in the past (http://blogs.compute...ndroid_upgrades http://www.maximumpc...nd_manufacturer) that LG aren't too good with supporting their released handsets to say the least.. If anyone had done their research like myself you'd know that LG would be hard pushed to deviate from this..

If you've bought an LG product expecting regular updates then more fool you! It's like someone buying an Alpha Romeo and moaning when the electrics break on it.. There's a phrase that comes to mind - old habbits die hard.

Get used to it.

Totally agree whit you.....

Guest pfueldner

Just one sentence everyday and no questions from his customers ( us ). I am paying member.

Strange how people think of themselves as paying customers with a right to a product just because they paid a few euros/pounds on an internet forum. You pay to remove ads and get access to the kitchens - that's it! Read the disclaimer on every kitchen page: You cannot expect ANY updates or new releases = You are not a customer, just a donor!

Guest zebbe77

P

Great, thanks for all your hard work!!!!!!

Guest goatee

That Gingergread better run, run, as fast as it can, it won't escape the Modaco Man :D.

P

Guest Marcus Reichert

TO Paul and all,

I just read all my Posts and perhaps my english was not good enough to write my thoughts down.

IN short: I did not want anyone to harm, please excause that. I also did not mean THAT P owe me anything because I paid anything.

I know that. I think I was only a little pushed because of some mails. And I understand that you won't discuss opinions about Froyo or GB or

or LG vx Samsung.

So, please excuse - I won't post such things any more.

Best greetings Marcus

Guest Husum182

P

That is so cool, can't wait to try it out :)

You are the best P!

Alright, building package now then i'll upload and create the kitchen now.

Just to manage expectations, the first Alpha upload will surprise you with how similar it is to Froyo from a looks perspective, the stock LG build isn't using GB icons etc. Fear not though, i'll be adding the stock GB theme and all the various stock GB apps through the kitchen as we progress.

:)

P

Guest Shadman2011

Damn it... Just got MIUI running nicely and Paul decides to do a Modaco GB online kitchen... aarrgghh... which means I'm going to have to try it out because Paul's roms have always been the most stable for me