20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Bug: after reboot the status bar is flat (totally black), but after call it having gradient.

And I fixed some xml's for Gingerbread stock theme

res/drawable/progress_horizontal.xml - for orange progress bar

res/layout/preference.xml, res/layout/preference_child.xml, res/layout/preference_information.xml - for grey color of small text in preferences.

it happens when you miss mach some options in the kitchen.

can you post your selection in the kitchen, specifically the themes selection and all the framework mods ?

Paul you make the clock smaller on Fr release, could you fix it on next GR3 update ?

It is huge, I feel like i have a grandpa phone :)

thank you for your perfect work on GR3

Hi,

thanks Paul for this fantastic work ;)

- Possibility to disable camera's sound ??

- With FR18b2, I had a nice theme with circular clock and colors. I'm searching the same for GGB !

I found this one : BGB ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1270327 ) but it is only in B/W and fonts Ubuntu are bad. Where can I find one with colors and normal fonts ?

- No possibility for O/C with your kernel ?? I use ext4 one.

Thanks for answer

Edited by brunoli

Hi,

thanks Paul for this fantastic work ;)

- Possibility to disable camera's sound ??

- With FR18b2, I had a nice theme with circular clock and colors. I'm searching the same for GGB !

I found this one ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1270327 ) but it is only in B/W and fonts are bad. Where can I find one ?

- No possibility for O/C with your kernel ?? I use ext4 one.

Thanks for answer

camera sound is already disable, just check this option during bake

Dear all and Paul.

After using Gr3 for a few hours I have some issues to rapport.

1) I did a full wipe before flashing from fr19 cache, data and dalvic.

2) then I flashed the GR3 and then the Baseband

3) did a full wipe again

4) restored my backups apps+data and wiped the cache again.

Here is the combo I have : MCK r22 Stable EXT3+ 725 Baseband

I use LauncherPro Plus instead of the one LG has.

1) Gingerbread keyboard FC from boot and won't stop FC until I change the keyboard to LG

2) my phone has only 70-80 mb of free ram, straight from boot (use to have around 200 on fr19).

3) LG widgets are gone (such as the calendar and weather, they are installed just can get them to my home screen).

4) boot time is 50 seconds longer than the Fr19

5) superuser auto denies all the apps that boot and request root

6) The icons at the top are flashing from green to white from time to time (the wifi signal and the reception signal icons)

7) internet conectivity on wifi or umts is very slow, i cant get faster than 1.5mbps (ill try another base band)

other than that, it is pretty stable.

Thank you again Paul for your grate effort.

You rock !

Guest Basil 123

Paul, I just love this ROM - the gingerbread theme is perfect, you totally rock the o2x mate!

thanks for all your hard work, late nights and time spent. It was well worth it.

Cheers

Baz

Guest achim w.

Hi,

it sure is not the most important thing - but I like to have the LG Widgets available. No matter which launcher I use. Would this be possible? Rigth now they only show in the LG Launcher (I tested SPB Shell 3D, Go Launcher und ADW Launcher).

Best

achim

Guest Kostja_V

Hi,

it sure is not the most important thing - but I like to have the LG Widgets available. No matter which launcher I use. Would this be possible? Rigth now they only show in the LG Launcher (I tested SPB Shell 3D, Go Launcher und ADW Launcher).

Best

achim

Just install modified AppWidgetPicker, and everything will be OK.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

Guest MacAllan

OK non kitchen peeps, get your prebake requests in!

P

A vanilla edition would be nice :)

LG version i would be satisfied with a close to stock with your tweaks, as long as it's fast and stable ;)

I could manage with out things as Car Home and Sprite backup.

LG Widgets only work with the LG Launcher I believe.

P

Paul the lg widgets where listed under widgets in Launcher pro plus since your early FrXX release i know for fact i had them since fr15 untill fr19. they where all listed under the normal widget menu for sure.

Guest Kawazzzzzz

Paul the lg widgets where listed under widgets in Launcher pro plus since your early FrXX release i know for fact i had them since fr15 untill fr19. they where all listed under the normal widget menu for sure.

Yes, LG widgets were available in all home app on Froyo roms. In gingerbread roms it's not the same. You have to use the widget picker from xda as Kostja_V wrote.

Only weather widget will be available, but it is better than nothing...

LG has change its framework, Paul can't do anything on this I think.

Edited by Kawazzzzzz

Paul I have made a new bake now and wiped the device again. still have around 80mb free ram and the gingerbread keyboard crashes non stop.

didn't install any of my apps. i used the MCK22 ext3 kernel

what am i doing wrong ?

Guest hackworks

Just for record, those coming from cm7: the market will make some applications as incompatible for the device due to fingerprint. paper camera was one such application.I replaced the finger print from CM7 in system/default.prop. For stability of market app, I replaced the vending.apk from gapps and froze market updater using titanium backup.

Guest ezangrando

USB Tethering don't work on windows 7/Xp, but work in linux...sad.gif

CDC Ethernet Control Model (ECM) driver don't work. But LG drivers are installed, and with v20e everything works

Edited by ezangrando

Guest baztardo

GPS is not working for me on GR3. Tried it about 15min, no one satelite is found. In CM7 got fix in 15-30sec.

@ paul i´ve the same problem! gps is on but after a couple of min. it switch off and nothing happens... in the first build it was working nice. i´m from germany. toppogigi solved that problem with his patch (http://forum.xda-dev...44&d=1316714446) but it´s not working with your rom. bootloop...

rest is working nice! Thx!!!

problem is with stock kernel and also with mcr 22 ext3

Edited by baztardo

Guest Brembo109

Hey the LG weather widget shows system time + 1 hour, any idea how to fix? Edit: all other clock widgets are showing the correct time. Edit2: after leaving home and getting provider signal, widget clock shows the right time.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest hackworks

@paul

Since the kernel can be flashed separately, would you please consider keeping flashable versions of your different kernel variants. It will save us the bandwidth and you the load in baking another ROM just to try a different kernel. Thank you for a nice smooth ROM, I badly needed something stable now. Not much time on hand to troubleshoot and debug at the moment. Once you put your kernel changes on github, I would like to contribute in any way possible.