20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The Jason8r

Known Issues

I'd love it if the power-off popup had "reboot" and "recovery" options.

Also, I'd like the "power button ends call" option.

Thanks, Paul!

Been using the ROM all weekend (stock kernel) and it looks like there's still a few bugs (and unfortunately the kind it will be hard for Paul to fix).

Most significant seems to be the Wifi dropping out after 5 mins inactivity - this even happened when I was trying to do background file transfers using ES File explorer to put a few videos on my phone.

Also had problems with my car bluetooth - it does not seem to connect automatically, and was still showing as connected long after I had left the car.

GPS also seems a bit unreliable - sometimes it is great, other times it is really slow to get a fix.

Apart from that it's good - battery life fine, speedy, video calling with skype. Here's hoping Paul can get the bugs ironed out, but even if he can't a MCR based on a final bugfree release is going to be really sweet.

P.S. Requests that I know can be fixed easily because I do them myself just by editing build.prop:

Change the p990_EUR-xx to p990 - this fixes a lot of the missing apps in the market.

Add the line persist.adb.notify=0 to get rid of the annoying debug notification.

Guest ezangrando

:D

Still working away on the GB stock theme, then I can start putting prebakes up I think!

P

how did you managed to get working Google Dialer? I've tryed to change contact.apk on 20e, but didn't worked... tryed with phone.apk too but still get force close sad.gif

I dont know, is thi bug, or feature, but when I turn screen on, I got this in logcat:

E/LightsService( 1142): getFlashlightEnabled failed

E/LightsService( 1142): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/class/leds/spotlight/brightness (No such file or directory)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.open(Native Method)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at dalvik.system.BlockGuard$WrappedFileSystem.open(BlockGuard.java:232)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:80)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:132)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at com.android.server.LightsService$1.getFlashlightEnabled(LightsService.java:162)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at android.os.IHardwareService$Stub.onTransact(IHardwareService.java:49)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:320)

E/LightsService( 1142): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

Guest Brock Sampson

Is there anywhere a fix for the FC at the display settings?

Try switching languages immediately before selecting Display Settings---it works for me.

Guest Diskbox

Features Request:

Instead of selecting things like camcorder sound, battery full notifications etc. at bake time, is it not possible to have all these in a flashable zip where you pick which options you want then flash? Currently if you flash and change your mind you have to re-bake, download and flash again but this would eliminate that. I'd ask for an app to do this at next reboot but I'm guessing that can't be done.

Update on my phone, been using it all weekend with these major added apps added:

Google+

Facebook

Juice defender

Setting Profiles

38% battery after 34 hours - This is more than I was getting with other roms. I used the stable ext4 option btw.

Thanks ;)

Guest c.joenie

Hey P,

I don't know what changed, but I can install all the apps again on my phone via the web-market :). Including those THD games :) jeeej!

Guest fabnaz

Hi

its probably a noob question but I installed this rom and i have a circle reboot on lg logo

I wiped factory and cache like usual

what did I do wrong?

Changelog

03 Oct 13:00

• Added BBA compatability

Paul I am having gb keyboard FC i cant use the LG crappy keyboard, can you please help ?

I have baked one ROM prior the BBA support and use r22 kernel.

Thank you for your help.

Guest Nic0co

Changelog

03 Oct 13:00

• Added BBA compatability

Hi Paul,

have you some change in you're "todo" until LG release?

This ROM is actualy "perfect", speed, stable and without any problem (and now, with BBA)

thx

Edited by Nic0co

Guest brunoli

Hi,

I noticed one very annoying bug :

I use Maildroid witch is fine.

If I use the "push" option, no problem to receive the emails

If I stop "push" and configure it to connect every 15min, I only receive emails when I have the screen ON and open Maildroid.

It looks like the phone goes in "deep sleep' and close the connection completely...

Anyone has the same thing ?

PS : no taskkiller

GR3 - MCK R22 ext4 stable

Edited by brunoli

Hi,

I noticed one very annoying bug :

I use Maildroid wich is fine.

If I use the "push" option, no problem to receive the emails

If I stop "push" and configure it to connect every 15min, I only receive emails when I have the screen ON and open Maildroid.

It looks like the phone goes in "deep sleep' and cut the connection completely...

Anyone has the same thing ?

PS : no taskkiller

GR3 - MCK R22 ext4 stable

I have all the same with jabber and mail clients.

Guest Trym Hansen

To those of you whose wi-fi disconnects after 5 minutes. This is just a theory I have, need help testing it out as it doesn't happen to me.

5 minutes is incidentally exactly the same timeout as the default timeout in the wifi tethering options, so please:

o Enter the Tethering menu

o Activate wi-fi sharing (or else you cannot access the menu below it.)

o Set timeout to 15 minutes

o switch wifi-sharing off again

.... and please report back what, if anything, happens.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest roanitas

Paul thank you for this update. wink.gif

The 3g tv cut after 15 seconds on all leaks v20X including v20I. have you any idea?

I am in France at the operator Bouygues and I have a 725 GB base band, it works perfectly on V10D

Guest Nic0co

Changelog

03 Oct 14:20

• Added option for Gingerbread theme retaining toggle buttons

Soo GOOD, anyone can made a screenshot (else, in 20mn I made it)