20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Madsen Felipe

I keep on having the same issue with all these Gr3/4 roms. Any help would really be appreciated.

- When I make a call, then after hanging up it will immediately redial the last number i dialed.

- Randomly(?) all phone functionality stops working, and this can only be fixed with restarting the phone.

My baseband is 725, in case that matters, and I do a complete wipe before any flashing.

Thanks for your help

Michael

I have created a topic just for users that was having this kind of issue (im one of them)

The bad thing is that isnt a normal issue and the people who had everything normal just ignore our problem and probably we will never get a fix.

Guest IzzyStradlin

Interesting question, waiting for answers :-)

I am on this (baked) ROM and using that Neoblaze kernel.. Voodoo Control works.. Anything you want me to test?

Guest RedeemerSK

1) It is the V10E kernel patched to the .40 (.46 patchset coming up) with the BFQ scheduler enabled and the aformentioned touch sensitivity fixes. It's 'near stock'.

I take that as 2.6.32.40 with 2.6.32.46 coming up in the future.

Besides bugs discovered / yet to be discovered, is there anything know to not work with no chance to work whatsoever, because of kernel / driver / we-don't-have-full-sources reasons ?. Like FM radio in cyano kernels (AFAIK).

I'm little bit confused because I recall reading (in Cyano xda thread I think it was) that NVidia have rewritten its Tegra2 SOC drivers for particular kernel version and that v2.69.32.9 of to this day only ofic LG kernel is the highest version we can have with everything working. So, have I been living in a lie ^^ ?

Also, Does STOCK kernel for Gr4 that comes out of online kitchen when I bake ROM support BBA ? Just to be sure.

Thx

i'm getting this error message when trying to modify hdmi resolution setting, it appears with hdmi cable connected or not connected.

"TV(monitor) does not support this resolution"

it doesn't matter which resolution is selected.

Edited by dcseek

Guest MacAllan

I am on this (baked) ROM and using that Neoblaze kernel.. Voodoo Control works.. Anything you want me to test?

The main thing i would like to know is how it's compered to stock kenernel in things like battery drain and responsivenes.

In other words, pros and cons compered to stock kernel. :)

Guest ex_criminal

Hi Guys,

i flashed the new baseband an rom. Comming from FR19

The rom seems to be good. no problems at all. just had a widget problem but solved it with AppWidgetPicker...

the only thing that bothers me is the battery performance. it drains like hell!

Any suggestions?

BASEBAND: 1035.21_20110725

KERNEL: 2.6.32.9

ROM: MODACO CUSTOM ROM FOR THE LG P990 GR4 (LGP-990-V20J)

Guest Brembo109

Reflash Baseband 2 or 3 times, this should solve it. My batterylife is really great, and I'm heavy using it atm because university is such boring :-D Edit: And wipe your batteriestats in recovery and charge to 100%

Edited by Brembo109

Any suggestions?

My battery life seems excellent, perhaps the best I've had with this phone, and I'm running pretty much the same setup as you.

In addition to what Brembo109 suggests above have you checked that baseband and RIL match, using either GetRIL or LG RIL Version, both of which are on the Market?

I'm also sure that the Toggle 2G option, which I baked into my ROM, is helping to control battery drain...

Edited by @dap

I take that as 2.6.32.40 with 2.6.32.46 coming up in the future.

Besides bugs discovered / yet to be discovered, is there anything know to not work with no chance to work whatsoever, because of kernel / driver / we-don't-have-full-sources reasons ?. Like FM radio in cyano kernels (AFAIK).

I'm little bit confused because I recall reading (in Cyano xda thread I think it was) that NVidia have rewritten its Tegra2 SOC drivers for particular kernel version and that v2.69.32.9 of to this day only ofic LG kernel is the highest version we can have with everything working. So, have I been living in a lie ^^ ?

Also, Does STOCK kernel for Gr4 that comes out of online kitchen when I bake ROM support BBA ? Just to be sure.

Thx

Tethering does not work with the custom kernel I believe.

Any incompatabilities are not down to my patchset (My 2.6.32.40 works perfectly in Froyo), it's because the source for GB isn't out yet.

BBA support is a framework change and not a kernel change, it's included in all builds.

P

love the new rom.

only bug i encounter is that GPS locks fine but it doesnt show the icon. Icon is only displayed when there is no gps fix

Weird, which theme?

P

i'm getting this error message when trying to modify hdmi resolution setting, it appears with hdmi cable connected or not connected.

"TV(monitor) does not support this resolution"

it doesn't matter which resolution is selected.

Strange, i'll have to check that out. Stock or custom kernel?

P

Hi Guys,

i flashed the new baseband an rom. Comming from FR19

The rom seems to be good. no problems at all. just had a widget problem but solved it with AppWidgetPicker...

Any suggestions?

I'm finding battery life amazing, by far the best yet!

P

Guest mparack

P

Hi Paul,

Still waiting for you to upgrade my account so that I can try out GR4. Could you please do it sometime soon.

Guest Brembo109

So put my drivers up to date, tethering still not working. Could it be in any relation that I leaved out the on-screen-phone etc. options out in kitchen?

Guys how do I set my Display font to ROBOTO ?

I baked a ROM with it and can seem to find it in the FONTS app.

Thank you for your help and thank you Dear Paul for your hard work!

Guest whitemusketeer

Hi,

for the last hour I have been trying to get the GR4 prebake + extreme pack to work.

Only thing my 2X kept doing was LG-logo-bootloops…

“Original” rom would correspond to BIN_LGP990AT-01-V10b-232-10-MAR-25-2011+0 which is carrier branded H3G Austria firmware.

Root and CWM v5.0.2.0 (vie Rom Manager) are present.

What I did so far:

1. Placed the files “Gr4-update-modacocustomrom-2x-core.zip” and “Gr4-update-modacocustomrom-2x-extreme.726d89272a5c81dfd156cd5bc8eac6ed.zip” on the external SD card.
  2. booted into recovery and made a backup.
  3. After that I wiped data/factory reset.
  4. install zip from sdcard -> I selected the core zip file -> installed just fine.
  5. install zip from sdcard -> I selected the extreme zip file -> installed just fine as well.
  6. reboot system now
  7. from now on only LG-logo boot loops

I tried that a few times, even wiped dalvik cache and battery stats, still only boot loops.

Even renamed the core zip file to "update.zip".

At the moment I can still enter recovery mode but I do not want risk playing around any longer beacause battery was about 60% when I started the first time.

I will charge the battery and try again tomorrw.

Does someone know if there may be a incorrect file system error which prevents the rom from booting or did I make a mistake / forget something?

I have some basic knowlegde with custom roms but not with linux partition filesystems...

My first 2X had a hardware defect but I managed to play around using smartflash with that thing so I should be able to pull that off if needed, but I would really like to use GR4.

Any tips or help what I could do would be very much appreciated. :(

Guest dbbloke

P

I'm also running 25.07 GB baseband & gr4 custom build, wiped stats etc.. I'm also lucky if I make it from morning to night. Fr19 I got 2-3 days. Now I have edge network is the only thing different as before i had 3g. I was also thinking that the gb baseband was somehow the culprit. Is there something I missed because its a good ROM apart from pants battery & out of memory in dragon fly game :(

any ideas, thanks in advance

Guest dbbloke

P

Edit.. just wrote I had same problem. But checked bb in about and have 2206 not 2507 so will try again as it was not what I expected.

What's a RIL btw anyone and am I correct in that I need just gr4 and the BB fls via smartflash?

Edited by dbbloke