20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nicola88

Ok...so after installing this, I went on to restoring my data&apps and I think I screwed something up cause, while I did restore corectly everything my status bar (battery, signal, wifi toggle/status gps toggle, BT toggle) DISAPEARED! :( How do I get it back...?

I used restore data (from previous rom) in Avanced Restore (Recobery Nandroid Backup)

According to settings-> phone info I should be ok:

android version: 2.3.4

BB : 1035.21_20110725

kernel: 2.6.32.9 (btw how can I get 32.48?)

build: GRJ22

LGE vers: Modaco custom Gr5 (LG990-V20l)

I've already tried rebooting and date&time are set properly

pls help :unsure:

Edited by Nicola88

First of all - thanks to Paul for this great ROM. Thanks to Gr5 my Optimus is finally usefull piece of hardware.

Anyway, I have a question regarding WiFi tethering. As far as I remeber, wifi tethering worked great in Gr4, but in Gr5 it doesn't work for me anymore. Computer connects to the phone but it says it has limited internet access and thats all. Anyone has any solution?

Guest KolsyratVatten

I've had a very weird issue with Gr5,

sometimes (happens irregularly) the baseband will 'somewhat crash', resulting in me not getting any sms (or send reports). I can still send sms, but I can't receive any. The issue will only be fixed when I restart the phone. This is rather annoying, as I won't know when it happens and it doesn't look like a 'normal' baseband crash (no cell reception whatsoever).

I'm running the recommended baseband 745 and 20L RIL.

I have this too...tried different kernels and a couple of rebuilds from the kitchen. Can't seem to get rid of this behaviour and it is driving me nuts.

Paul could you please look into this issue?

Guest SuperSkill

I have this too...tried different kernels and a couple of rebuilds from the kitchen. Can't seem to get rid of this behaviour and it is driving me nuts.

Paul could you please look into this issue?

I think we all have this issue.....but Gr6 will comedry.gif

Am considering going back to FR19 in combination with HP kernel and PowerPack as a good combination and the 622 BB and matching Ril.

SuperSkillrolleyes.gif

Guest c.joenie

Jeej t-mobile NL has a release for the P990 as well :D

EDIT: sorry: LG webcare just released the GB update in the NL. Nothing to do with Tmob NL

Edited by c.joenie

Guest walkerx

i've installed and only had one issue so far and not sure if related to something i done (had a similar issue on miui rom after it updated)

have had it installed a couple of days with all being fine - some apps which previously bought are now classed as not compatible with this rom can't see why not as the build.prop isn't much difference unless it's because the apps worked on 2.2.2 and not on 2.3.x - but not fully bothered as the same apps don't work on my asus transformer

anyway to issue at hand

i swapped my memory card from a 2gb card to a 4gb card - i copied contents of the 2gb to my pc and then onto the 4gb card which i think is formatted as fat32

i woke this morning and phone was off - not sure how long had been off but could have been upto 4.5 hours even though it was fully charged. this happened on the miui rom but straight after it updated and hadn't changed anything else.

These are the only times the phone has done that since i've got it - i've never had the reboot issue after I replaced the first phone which kept rebooting within the first week and had this phone now 8 months

I've also like both modaco and cyanogen roms but finally opted for modaco :)

So would I best be waiting for next release or should I flatten the phone, restore to factory and then re-apply the rom

Guest Involver

Well... I guess I'm done with GR5 for now. Tried it again using stock kernel (instead of MCK), but for daily use this just isn't good enough. Going back to FR19 for now, hoping that in time Paul will sort things out for Gingerbread... Luckily FR19 is just Gr8!

Guest getro86

Paul!!, do you have an ETA for Gr6???, the conectivity problems of the Gr5 it is drive me crazy!!. Do you have another leak or something to work??

Thank you very much!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp :unsure:

I have gr5 on my optimus and everything working fine, BUT now I installed it to my friends phone and facing bootloop all the time.

He had stock Froyo. Rooted it, went to cwm, Wiped all, wiped cache, wiped dalvik. Immediately after that installed gr5+core. Thats it.

Why bootloop, did i do anything wrong? Wrong order or anything? Help plz, anyone?!?

Hi SHIRI,

You should try to revert to ext3. Wipe eveything and reinstall. Keep the Gr5 stock kernel.

But, frankly speaking, Fr19 is far the best Rom.

Okdac

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp :unsure:

I have gr5 on my optimus and everything working fine, BUT now I installed it to my friends phone and facing bootloop all the time.

He had stock Froyo. Rooted it, went to cwm, Wiped all, wiped cache, wiped dalvik. Immediately after that installed gr5+core. Thats it.

Why bootloop, did i do anything wrong? Wrong order or anything? Help plz, anyone?!?

I checked before i did anything, he had ext3. Do I need to do it anyway? Will it change something?

Hi SHIRI,

You should try to revert to ext3. Wipe eveything and reinstall. Keep the Gr5 stock kernel.

But, frankly speaking, Fr19 is far the best Rom.

Okdac

Guest tablighs

Sure, but I don't like the performance pack because it makes lots of heavy tweaks to the system (like converting partitions in ext2 => not cwm compatible anymore)

I prefer to stay with v20l standard kernel, because I haven't appreciated any noticeable improvements with other kernels.

Hi,

I am a happy user of GR5 + Horsepower RC9 + Performance Pack v9 lite. OC to 1.2ghz, UV -50mv. So far no screen freeze, no random reboots whatsoever. Battery life is great, average of 12hours on daily medium usage.

I must say if performance is what you want, it's really a waste not installing performance pack, the ppv9 is quite stable and gives alot of boost.

And for those who say that install RC9 wipes internal SD, its actually a bug that is in all stock gingerbread, not a GR5 issue.

You need to install GR5 first, make it to the first boot, use ES Explorer or Root explorer, navigate to /system/etc and delete a file named 'format_fat32.sh'.

After that you reboot to cwm, install RC9, wipe dalvik cache, and you're good to go! No Internal SD wipes etc.

Cheers!

hey

i really prefer the sms/mms apk from v20m. is it possible to exchange that?? how should it work if it is possible?

but all in one a very nice rom!! thank you so much paul!

Guest Basil 123

Anyone unable to change the default ringtone, notification?

Cheers

Baz

[EDIT] needed 999switch to be deleted. Now rocking with Spica's RC11-R.....

Edited by Basil 123

Guest allesmeglische

use ES Explorer or Root explorer, navigate to /system/etc and delete a file named 'format_fat32.sh'.

After that you reboot to cwm, install RC9, wipe dalvik cache, and you're good to go! No Internal SD wipes etc.

It works great, thank you.

Guest Stevvie

for some reason my toggle 2g settings has stopped working. I just get a standard force close error box. I've tried cleaning delvik cache then the actual cache in CWM and then a re insall of GR5 without a wipe. But it's still not working. Anybody know why or how to fix it. Thanks