20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AngelOfMors

WiFi indicator fully gray, level as would not, the network light white, if an Internet hook through GPRS, and then disconnect, the network light is green, the level of WiFi is shown as green, and starts the Internet via WiFi, after reboot the phone or WiFi disconnect - operation must be repeated

Guest BatfinkUK1

Couple of things I've noticed with Gr2 Alpha.

FM radio volume is in large increments. (I'm using Voodoo as a work around) wink.gif

Both Google and LG mail clients fail to save mail account settings. Any ideas? I've re-baked, wiped etc. But no sucess.sad.gif

Thanks Paul keep up the good work.biggrin.gif

Guest Cooled Spirit

Hello,

Was thrilled to install it on my LG P990.

My impression is that boot times are very long, compared to FR19 (I don't refer to the first boot).

I too have WIFI problems, seems that channel 13 causes issues (couldn't detect them either).

SetCPU nor PimpMyCPU work, but I guess that's just normal. Any news on alternative kernels ?

PS: when I ask for CPU detection, it says "ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)" and "Tegra Development System".... Is that normal ? I wouldn't expect an engineering version in my phone... could this cause limitations regarding kernel and so on?

Kind regards,

Cooled.

I've seen a few reports about FM radio widget and LG Calendar widget missing... they're not - remember they only appear with the stock LG launcher!

I'll push out another update today to the test kernel which has EXT4 in full effect.

P

Guest gideonrs

I've identified a slight bug with the theme - after a call the gingerbread black status bar changes to the default LG background, so that it then has a gradient.

Same with me.. :D actually, I try that after read your post.. :rolleyes:

Btw, thanks, Paul, for your effort..

Guest Ferrum Master

I've seen a few reports about FM radio widget and LG Calendar widget missing... they're not - remember they only appear with the stock LG launcher!

I'll push out another update today to the test kernel which has EXT4 in full effect.

P

Yes Paul, I understand, but these same widgets, as LG Weather (there are modded versions for other launchers in the wild also) on CM7 installs as normal, but in these alphas they are separated in LG Widget submenu and this submenu isn't shown in other launchers, just as you said. How to disable LG widget grouping, and put them in the common widget list? Any Ideas anyone?

And thank you Paul, your work is much appriciated.

Yes Paul, I understand, but these same widgets, as LG Weather (there are modded versions for other launchers in the wild also) on CM7 installs as normal, but in these alphas they are separated in LG Widget submenu and this submenu isn't shown in other launchers, just as you said. How to disable LG widget grouping, and put them in the common widget list? Any Ideas anyone?

And thank you Paul, your work is much appriciated.

Hmm, i'd not seen this before tbh, I assumed they had to be run from the LG Launcher!

P

Guest abwyatt

My impression is that boot times are very long, compared to FR19 (I don't refer to the first boot).

Yes, I see this too. Incredibly long boot time! GR1 did not have this long boot time. Perhaps some debug code in there?? :rolleyes:

Guest abwyatt

P

Woo hoo ... can't wait! Thanks for the continuing improvements.

Are you able to fix the WiFi/Data toggle problem that everyone is reporting, or is this something in the LG code? It has been there since GR1.

Edited by abwyatt

Guest Ferrum Master

Hmm, i'd not seen this before tbh, I assumed they had to be run from the LG Launcher!

P

I am using LG weather even on my X10 :) Here is the source. For LP, GO Launcher, ADW and ARC/RAY launchers

http://forum.xda-dev...=915475&page=26

And here is the Calendar

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1135612

Edited by Ferrum Master

P

LauncherPro and the LauncherPro Plus has full support for the LG widgets.

Guest Ferrum Master

LauncherPro and the LauncherPro Plus has full support for the LG widgets.

If your are on some other ROM, yes... (I was using LPpro myself) but not on Gr2, because of the fact that the widgets are grouped as LG widgets and not in the common widget list as in stock android roms...

Please check before post ;).

Update! :)

P

Changelog

1st Aug Jul 14:30

• Selecting the experimental MoDaCo Custom Kernel option now will include converting your device to - and running on - EXT4.

Guest yukkio
Quadrant backup to to >3000 on second run with the EXT4 boot image. Uploading now...

P

Would you share the boot.img? I would want to probe on 10c :)

Thank you.

Br.

If your are on some other ROM, yes... (I was using LPpro myself) but not on Gr2, because of the fact that the widgets are grouped as LG widgets and not in the common widget list as in stock android roms...

Please check before post ;).

I am on Gr1 and in the "Add to Home screen" menu ( LPpro) I chose "Widgets" from there all the widgets are visible basic+LG.

I don't have any special sub category or a group that has the LG widgets.

I Know how it is in the stock rom and yes you are right about the grouping but it simply doesn't exist for me anymore.

Form me it works grate on Gr1 and that is why I posted.

Today i will update to Gr2 with the experimental Kernel and update if it still works as mentioned.

Installing the custom kernel option, running with ext4, will wipe the gr1 running on ext3?

Based in what I saw, it will only to convert the file system.

Dear Paul, can you please include the Portuguese (Portugal) dictionary in the LatinIME keyboard?

If I'm not mistaken, usualy, it was included and now I can't find it :(

Guest achim w.

Tried the new version with the experimental Ext4 kernel. Everyting seems running ok so far (didn't test the sound issue yet).

But one thing: When trying to backup the system using CWM 4.0.0.5 there is this message "Can't mount /system!" and backup aborts. Why is this and what can I do to solve this issue?

Edit: Now I did test the videoplayer - still FC and the sound dies on me sad.gif

Edited by achim w.

hi guys, just came back from vacation, dont want to go through all the pages,

just wanted to know if anyone uploaded the circle battery mod for GR2 yet??

thanks

Guest kruppin

Did you have a look throught the GX2 GB and find anything worth using in our's?????

And what would that be? Most of the things are already working fine in Gr1/2.. The G2x ROM is old (not even same Android version), and vanilla. Sure, it's LG who built it, but I think it's incompatible anyway, just like CM probably is. And now that we can build own kernel, this ROM will probably be even better very soon. :) And hopefully it won't take that much more longer for LG to release the GB rom, or atleast another beta. :D