20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 719rock

I wait on boot screen about 2 mins ,that's too slow,any method to improve that?

power on my phone login system is too slow, about 2 mins ......omg~

gr2 mrk-r20 cant Support oc/uc??

my english not will u know my meet~???

Guest Cooled Spirit

I think the whole wireless module might need some tweaking.

Wifi takes a long time to come up.

When making calls in the car, the car 's handsfree says it failed to establish a successful connection to the P990, but after a few seconds, the phone starts dialing the number nonetheless. So also bluetooth has some weird stuff going on at my side.

Sounds almost as if certain time outs were reached.

Guest irvine

Just a heads up that i'm working on a few ROMs for some other devices for a few days, but don't worry, i'm still doing 2X stuff too. :)

P

Good to hear you'll still be around Paul! Can't wait for your next improvements ;)

Guest rmein

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question....

I'm running Fr19 quite happily at the moment. If I use CWM to take a nandroid backup and then install Gr2 with the EXT4 file system, can I then restore the nandroid of Fr19 without wiping and converting back to EXT3 first?

Basically, does the nandroid backup include the whole EXT3/EXT4 filesystem, or is it restored onto whichever filesystem is currently on the phone?

Guest achim w.

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question....

I'm running Fr19 quite happily at the moment. If I use CWM to take a nandroid backup and then install Gr2 with the EXT4 file system, can I then restore the nandroid of Fr19 without wiping and converting back to EXT3 first?

Basically, does the nandroid backup include the whole EXT3/EXT4 filesystem, or is it restored onto whichever filesystem is currently on the phone?

Yes you can wink.gif

The only thing you have to be aware of is, that you have to use this one tool "r1-backtoext3-2x-unsigned.zip" (you'll find it here somewhere) if you want to revert to the Ext3 FR19 version. The other way rount from Ext3 to Ext4 is done by installing the GB-ROM

Have funrolleyes.gif

Guest Stevvie

I wait on boot screen about 2 mins ,that's too slow,any method to improve that?

power on my phone login system is too slow, about 2 mins ......omg~

gr2 mrk-r20 cant Support oc/uc??

my english not will u know my meet~???

I have to agree from power off to a usable state it takes a LOT longer than any other rom I've used. Maybe that's the price to pay for the speed and stability of this rom already.

Guest rmein

I tried out the Gr2 with the new custom kernel, but I'm afraid it's a no go for me.

There seems to be a problem with the touchscreen sensitivity - a lot of the time it won't swipe between homescreens, and the right edge of the screen is completely unresponsive. I have to touch on the left side of the "P" and "0" characters in the keyboards, and can't scroll up and down pages without having a fair chunk of finger over the screen.

Gr2 without the custom kernel doesn't have these problems though it still seem slightly less sensitive than Fr19, so I'm trying that out just now and it is remarkably stable considering it's an alpha.

Guest Stevvie

I tried out the Gr2 with the new custom kernel, but I'm afraid it's a no go for me.

There seems to be a problem with the touchscreen sensitivity - a lot of the time it won't swipe between homescreens, and the right edge of the screen is completely unresponsive. I have to touch on the left side of the "P" and "0" characters in the keyboards, and can't scroll up and down pages without having a fair chunk of finger over the screen.

Gr2 without the custom kernel doesn't have these problems though it still seem slightly less sensitive than Fr19, so I'm trying that out just now and it is remarkably stable considering it's an alpha.

I have no problems swiping between homes screens using LauncherProPlus. I can bring my finger from the right of the device and it starts changing homescreen when I get about 5-7mm in from the right of the screen.

Your right about having to touch the left side of the P. As I am a lazy person and move my finger as little as possible I usually only catch the left side of the P anyway :)

Guest thedicemaster

I have an odd problem: a screen off/on event seems to regularly trigger.

this means some games suddenly pause, and the remote-desktop app I use keeps reconnecting.

these things are normally only triggered when the screen is turned off, but now happen while the screen stays on.

Guest gideonrs

yeah, i felt that too. :huh: .. only happen while on keyboard (all char on left, right, & bottom side unresponsive -> q, a, p, l, backspace, spacebar, etc).

i use custom kernel too.. now i'm back to Fr18 just because of that keyboard issue (& extra ram.. :lol: )

other than that.. i think Gr2 pretty ready for daily use ;) ..

Guest norbee007

Hi!

I have a problem with gr2 with custom kernel and ext4. When the screen turns off, the alarm is not working, but when i turn it on manually the alarms immidiately working...strange. Does somebody else has this problem?

Guest head3d

Hi

Ive been using fr roms for awhile now last one i was using was fr19 really liked it until my market stopped working so i thought time to try a GR

I now have GR2 up and running but missing the HTC IME Keyboard that Paul had working on fr. is there any way or getting this keyboard on GR2?

i know its not a problem but this is the first touch screen phone for me after years of Blackberrys and i have finally got used to typing on screen (using HTC IME Keyboard!)

any help would be great and stop my getting frustrated lol

cheers

Guest thedicemaster

i don't know if it helps, but i have a logcat log for the moment a game pauses for no apparent reason.

i pulled my usb cable the moment the game paused, so the cause should be in the last part of the log.

pauselog.txt

Edit: seems it might be connected to frequent "signal drops" i keep getting. (my signal meter drops to 0, but i don't lose connection)

Edited by thedicemaster

Guest eagle1977

Hm... first please excuse my english..

I had the new kernel installed and in the afternoon i had 85% akku. In the morning 0%... as i look into the akku-use, I saw that On-screen Phone use 45%???

Yesterday I installed the "normal kernel" and freeze also the On-screen phone app, but I had the same problem. In the afternoon I had near about 70% akku

and in the morrning 0%. This night 45% was used by music :blink: It was realy slient in the night :D

I don´t know whats happening??? Anyone else have this problem???

Edited by eagle1977

Hi there!

I found this in the CM7 Change Log:

cm_p990_full-101.zip (2011-08-07 11:27:40)

Make event fields (birthday, anniversary) editable. (android_packages_apps_Contacts)

Is there any chance of making that in the Google's Contacts application? It is very annoying being unable of add/editing these fields in my contacts.

Guest norbee007

Besides the upper mentioned problem with my alarm i encountered another problems. :S

I use Syncmypix the synx the profile pics of my FB friends to my contacts list, but now it is jumbled. :S Everybody has another person's photo. It is not a big problem, since i can unlink them in the app and link them again, but it is a bit annoying.

Other thing. Does anybody uses juwee's ram optimizing script? For me it was working really well, but now i have 40 apps and the phone starts to slow down sometimes and the memory drops down to 58 Mb. :S Does anybody expierence this?

Does anybody uses voodo sound? I bought the app and sometimes the sound on youtube and music playing crack's a little. Anybody encountered this? If i turn off voodo the cracks still remain.

Edited by norbee007

Guest mankian

Hi!

I have a problem with gr2 with custom kernel and ext4. When the screen turns off, the alarm is not working, but when i turn it on manually the alarms immidiately working...strange. Does somebody else has this problem?

Exactly the same issue on Fr19 with standard firmware. No idea whats causing it, I just put it down to android being android (ie, unfinished crap)

Would have binned my phone months ago if it wasnt for the efforts of modaco!

Edited by mankian