20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest McGilljam

Bonjour,je pense qu'il faut du temps pour faire une rom correct donc laissons Paul travailler tranquille et soyont patient.Bonne journée

Alltid lika roligt när man skriver på ett språk som andra inte förstår i ett internationellt forum.

Guest zippyioa

PAUL!!!! WHEN WILL WE GET AN UPDATE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Firstly, forum etiquette... Using caps lock is similar to shouting, its rude and isn't necessary!

Secondly, Paul clearly stated, and many others have repeated, that his source should upload a new ROM by the end of the week. No doubt Paul will then spend several days doing some tweaking and bug fixes before uploading a superb ROM!

Please can everyone stop adding the same question over and over, and give Paul some space and a little respect?! Some people need to learn the art of patience.... you don't get what you want immediately just because you keep screaming and ranting like a child!

Guest imperticus

Hi, I'm afraid you are missing something. Paul is waiting for the "kernel" "source code", without which his ROM would simply be a hack-job. Which is what the other ROM's you have mentioned are. Highly admirable, but hacks with their inherent limitations. Google "source code", avoding any links to the film with that title. You may learn something, and at the very least kill some time.

Anil.

Nothing to do with source code, kernel source has been out for a while now. in fact, i made a kernel from the sources. I believe Paul was on holiday, and is now back, so will see some update soon hopefully.

Back from holiday to a failing hard disk on my iMac, which is now fixed. :) I've hit up my source for the latest O2X Froyo and GB releases so we can get the new MCRs out. Fun times!

Edited by imperticus

No some people on here are acting like kids. Its frustrating to read and I'm not even Paul! Personally I still hope Paul holds off until a decent stable GB relase comes from LG that he can work his magic on rather than another nasty pre-release. That way his final efforts on the O2X can be torwards a great MCR rather than another "hit or miss" one like GR2.

Patience is required I think, best wait for something great then have something crap again now. Fr19 is rock solid and can easily be ran with EXT4 so its easily useable until a good GB release is available. I've been running it with MCK kernel and EXT4 file system and its never crashed, and I use it a lot! If you need something RIGHT NOW goto cyanogenmod, they have nightlys. Its a pain having to trawl through pages of crap on this thread when looking for interesting updates.

When Paul does finally give up on the O2X I might kindly ask him for the sources and see if I can continue support or make my own ROMS - as Im going to be stuck with this peice of junk phone for 2 years unfortunatly.

Edited by mankian

When Paul does finally give up on the O2X I might kindly ask him for the sources and see if I can continue support or make my own ROMS - as Im going to be stuck with this peice of junk phone for 2 years unfortunatly.

Nice one! I like it! I`m on the same boat as you my friend- two years contract.. ;)

Guest Anil K Solanki

i dont need any fix....but as u can see, is his last work here on p990 nearly 1,5 month ago.

Ahh, I see what you mean, 6 weeks is a very long time. Priceless.

Anil.

EDIT; Read Paul's post from 3,63 weeks ago.

Paul's post.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest Anil K Solanki

I saw that over last week Paul was working on SGSII, he has no more interest to support O2X. If he will release Gr3 and Fr20 - it is luck for us.

Again Paul quite clearly stated his intentions. One of which is to support the O2X. Read his post from 3 weeks ago.

Paul's post.

So I have no idea why you are of the opinion that Paul has no more interest in the O2X.

Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest CopEater

Again Paul quite clearly stated his intentions. One of which is to support the O2X. Read his post from 3 weeks ago.

Paul's post.

So I have no idea why you are of the opinion that Paul has no more interest in the O2X.

Anil.

did u even read it too?

he wrote, that we r the 1st but we aren´t. it needs only a few minutes to post here, whats going on. he´s very active everywhere, not just here.

i´m really sad about that.

Guest Anil K Solanki

did u even read it too?

he wrote, that we r the 1st but we aren´t. it needs only a few minutes to post here, whats going on. he´s very active everywhere, not just here.

i´m really sad about that.

I did read it. If you had followed this thread you would have read Paul's waiting for source code. He can't do anything without the source code.

Anyway, in one post you wrote;

i think he has stopped his support for the p990

He hasn't stopped, he's waiting. Simple.

Anil.

@ Unimatrix8472 : By adopting this attitude, I think you will not get big things but irritate people.

We just have to read the previous reply to your post in this thread :

Firstly, forum etiquette... Using caps lock is similar to shouting, its rude and isn't necessary!

Secondly, Paul clearly stated, and many others have repeated, that his source should upload a new ROM by the end of the week. No doubt Paul will then spend several days doing some tweaking and bug fixes before uploading a superb ROM!

Please can everyone stop adding the same question over and over, and give Paul some space and a little respect?! Some people need to learn the art of patience.... you don't get what you want immediately just because you keep screaming and ranting like a child!

Enjoy :D

Cyrille

Guest Anil K Solanki

I salute you sir. Good manners are a mark of intelligence and consideration of others. Shame some members possess neither.

Anil.

Guest bhanvadia

Paul will support o2x as its a benchmark tegra phone. Even though he will have more interest in sgs2 but he will not give up on o2x yet. Guys please have patience. Thanks

Guest Anil K Solanki

Nothing to do with source code, kernel source has been out for a while now. in fact, i made a kernel from the sources. I believe Paul was on holiday, and is now back, so will see some update soon hopefully.

My mistake. I've just come from the ZTE Blade forum where they've been champing at the bit for the kernel source, so I got my wires crossed. Sorry.

Anil.