Get 100% Mobile BRAVIA engine onto 2.3.3 X10!

Guest xoot7aa7

Guest Neel007

yes, gallery ist the only app effected by bravia

but for me there wasnt any difference too ;)

there isnt anything bravia in my phone...

this are the images taken by screen shot it in inbuilt gallery ...

1.Without bravia

2.With bravia

20110801042143.jpg20110801041948.jpg

i took this image coz it has more colors...

now i dont believe this at all.... check it out urself before spamming threads or admiring some dev and insulting other dev....

and tell me if i did anything wrong... these are the screen shot taken by app called -- screen shot it -- in gallery... i am on WB's 2.3.3 rom with all his latest updates...

Edited by Neel007

Guest Eisel

LoL ofc works only @ gallery it`s for Mobile display not pc ... you can see diffrence if u have 2 x10i at hand not at pc.the bravia effect will not add to picture it will add to display so each time you see photos in your phone you can feel diffrence

i know how it works, what it means, and that the picture is only >>post-processed<< and still a screenshot should capture the postprocessed picture.

and on the other hand i have tested pictures with BE on, which i knew, how they should look like after the postprecessing, still it doesnt work for me, cant say it for the others in here, seems that its workin fine for other ;)

EDIT: and espacially to your post.. it SHOULD add an mask to the PHOTO itself (intime, your picture itself will not be edited) and not the display, and only in inbuild gallery app

Edited by Eisel

Guest My_Immortal

i dont believe this at all.... check it out urself before spamming threads or admiring some dev or insulting other dev....

and tell me if i did anything wrong... these are the screen shot taken by app called -- screen shot it -- in gallery... i am on WB's 2.3.3 rom with all his latest updates...

You are right, your screenshots indicate that it is not working for you.

But this doesn't mean that it isn't true and, frankly,

it's you that should check things out before spamming threads or insulting other members.

Start by checking if the libraries for Bravia Engine are installed, by using Root Explorer and

going to /system/etc looking for those 2 files: be_movie and be_photo, with permissions: rw-rw-rw-.

If they are there, check again that Bravia Engine is actually ON (ticked) by going to Settings > Display.

It's not about admiring or insulting anybody. It just works.

Here's yet another comparison, made by me:

screen_20110801_0210.pngscreen_20110801_0211.png

The difference is not massive -it's not supposed to be- but you can clearly see that the 2nd image is crisper,

with deeper blacks and more vibrant colors.

And please don't think even for a minute that I would spend my time photoshoping screenshots just to prove something to anyone. ;)

Edited by My_Immortal

Guest Neel007

LoL ofc works only @ gallery it`s for Mobile display not pc ... you can see diffrence if u have 2 x10i at hand not at pc.the bravia effect will not add to picture it will add to display so each time you see photos in your phone you can feel diffrence

ok it's for mobile display and we cant make a difference on pc then what about those screenshots posted on xda showing differences in two images... and those are being referred as proof by devs.... i dont understand but i can see difference in those images and on one hand , u are saying we cant make a difference on PC.

Edited by Neel007

Guest My_Immortal

ok it's for mobile display and we cant make a difference on pc then what about those screenshots posted on xda showing differences in two images... and those are being referred as proof by devs.... i dont understand but i can see difference in those images and on one hand , u are saying we cant make a difference on PC.

The screenshots on XDA are... screenshots.

It means that they represent the output of the display.

The actual image is not affected, so the image will look on your PC the way it was captured,

but on your mobile it will be enhanced by the Bravia Engine.

I hope this made things a little more clear to you. ;)

Guest Neel007

The screenshots on XDA are... screenshots.

It means that they represent the output of the display.

The actual image is not affected, so the image will look on your PC the way it was captured,

but on your mobile it will be enhanced by the Bravia Engine.

I hope this made things a little more clear to you. ;)

ur screeshots have clear difference...

i dont have those files u mentioned... what is the exact location??

i have installed WB's rom and his update 002 and 003...

Guest My_Immortal

That's why Bravia Engine isn't working.

You still have that option in the Settings though, right?

In that case, flash this zip through xRec

(it will not affect any of WB's tweaks, as I have removed the build.prop file and only left the libraries that you are missing).

Then repeat the tests and enjoy! ;)

Edited by My_Immortal

Guest Wolfbreak

system/etc

Thank you My_Immortal for your Posts and that you explained how it works instead of discuss Trip vs Zdzihu like some others here.

Guest l0tech

I don't care how it started, because I am not going to participate in "dev wars" or anything similar.

But if it is a tweak then how do you explain that both in X10 and Arc, when you run:

grep -r -i "be_photo" ./

you get this output:

Binary file ./lib/libswiqibmpcnv.so matches

That means that the be_photo library -part of the Bravia Engine- is compatible with the X10 display libraries,

and that it is why it is working.

I rest my case.

Please read this http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/69672

Guest My_Immortal

I didn't really have to see that link to know that the X10 does not share the same hardware as the Arc,

but thank you anyway, it is quite clarifying.

Still, even though X10 display is sub-par, that does not change the fact that the Bravia Engine library

is software-compatible to the X10 and can enhance the photo representation.

The grep I posted proves it.

The link refers to the hardware specs of the phones that come with Bravia Engine bundled.

Nobody ever said we can get the Arc hardware in an update zip. :lol:

Just some cool enhancements...

So let's all just stay cool, shall we? :)

Edited by My_Immortal

Guest Eisel

it's you that should check things out before spamming threads or insulting other members.

Start by checking if the libraries for Bravia Engine are installed, by using Root Explorer and

going to /system/etc looking for those 2 files: be_movie and be_photo, with permissions: rw-rw-rw-.

If they are there, check again that Bravia Engine is actually ON (ticked) by going to Settings > Display.

thanks!!! realized now why it wouldn't work for me, the premissions o be_movie and be_photo were set wrong ^^

now working :))

Guest Neel007

That's why Bravia Engine isn't working.

You still have that option in the Settings though, right?

In that case, flash this zip through xRec

(it will not affect any of WB's tweaks, as I have removed the build.prop file and only left the libraries that you are missing).

Then repeat the tests and enjoy! ;)

Thanx alot..;) . It works...

Just flashed ur zip file. and did rw / rw / rw for both the files in system/etc / be_photo and be_movie.... it's cool ...so this is bravia engine...

Left - with bravia - [u cant see the water drops in the shadow of leaf because of more contrast]

Right -without bravia [u can see it obviously]

20110801052601.jpg20110801052114.jpg

I think wolf missed something in rom...

Edited by Neel007

Guest yesterday

It's not about admiring or insulting anybody. It just works.

Here's yet another comparison, made by me:

screen_20110801_0210.pngscreen_20110801_0211.png

The difference is not massive -it's not supposed to be- but you can clearly see that the 2nd image is crisper,

with deeper blacks and more vibrant colors.

And please don't think even for a minute that I would spend my time photoshoping screenshots just to prove something to anyone. ;)

Edit: Never mind. I Found the answer.

Edited by yesterday