URGENT HELP NEEDED - Upgrading to latest/stable version of 2.3

Guest Bhavz

Guest Bhavz

I have a very old version of cyanogen mod (CyanogenMod-7-03202011-NIGHTLY-Blade) <--- that's the MOD Version. Now how do I upgrade to the latest and most stable 2.3 rom? I need this asap as I am going on holiday and this version is very unreliable. I know how to install from SD card using clockwork mod (which is already installed) Many thanks.

Guest Racerboy

Oh ok but tought there are better stock 2.3 ROMs available since then and the last stable MOD is in May!

Thanks for the reply mate :)

no prob just remember to make a back up first before installing new rom

Guest Racerboy

Ok i have downloaded the latest nightly, can I install as normal? What is this gen1 gen2 stuff?

gen1 is if your phone was shipped with 2.1 stock rom, gen2 is if you have 2.1 stock rom but your phone operator delivered the 2.2 stock rom as upgrade, so if you had 2.1 on your and NOT had the official upgrade from your operator then you are gen1. install the appropriate version but dont forget to make a backup of the current rom you have on your phone first

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Bhavz

sorry for the noob question but how do I make my phone gen2? I bought it with the 2.1 orange stock rom brand new, a few days after it was released