19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest enterusername

Orbot doesn't work with this ROM for some reason...

(Orbot is Tor Project Client)

The trasperant feature doesn't work

Edited by enterusername

Guest Androidlover287

With this rom i have noticed white noise coming through the ear piece, Has anyone else noticed this didn't happen in Gr1, or 3 (Those i used)

Guest Alkymia

Paul is on holiday.

What update are you expecting?

a fix for extended power menu, video player , maybe new kernel?

thought paul alrdy returned, i'm not in a hurry i can live without those , was just curious ^^

Guest maedox

a fix for extended power menu, video player , maybe new kernel?

thought paul alrdy returned, i'm not in a hurry i can live without those , was just curious ^^

What exactly are you talking about? Did you try wiping? I have no problems.

Guest Zorglub

has anyone else noticed GREATLY improved battery life? With basically same use pattern I'm getting not less than 5 or 6 hours more than before. Very very nice finding!

Actually I am getting less battery life. weird.

Guest gluttony

Have you tried ticking

Stock build.prop installed to /system partition

• This option includes stock build.prop - by default the ROM will masquerade as a Nexus S to maximise market content.

can anyone confirm that this works for them? or let me know which lines in the build.prop file need changing from the prebake to convert it?

cheers

Guest wurstfett

Orbot doesn't work with this ROM for some reason...

(Orbot is Tor Project Client)

The trasperant feature doesn't work

hi enterusername,

i got the same problem like you.

Try orweb v2 from the market, this browser is already configured for orbot and the transparent proxy is not needed.

works great for me

Guest donatinho

Paul is back from his holidays, but only recently. I'd give him a couple of days to get back into things.

Holidays? Since when Paul is allowed to be on holidays? I barely accept he can eat/sleep :D

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Holidays? Since when Paul is allowed to be on holidays? I barely accept he can eat/sleep :D

He has to pacify the boss at times ... else he doesn't get fed, and is locked up away from all forms of technology. Other than that, the only other time he disconnects is when he's got a plank of wood strapped to his feet and is hurtling down a mountainside!

Guest donatinho

He has to pacify the boss at times ... else he doesn't get fed, and is locked up away from all forms of technology. Other than that, the only other time he disconnects is when he's got a plank of wood strapped to his feet and is hurtling down a mountainside!

I think me and Paul share the same kind of boss! :P and we're so silly we don't even like to be fired! :)

Guest gluttony

Hi paul, great work on the Rom! I'm having a little issue with the market... apps that I could previously download with the stock Rom now don't have an install button... e.g. HDR camera. Does anyone else have this problem? And yes I've tried a wipe and reinstall of the Rom.

Thanks

looks like my problem wasnt to do with the rom afterall but just a matter of bad timing and google not allowing downloads or updates if you have a custom LCD density... here's some more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1228172

Guest maddler

looks like my problem wasnt to do with the rom afterall but just a matter of bad timing and google not allowing downloads or updates if you have a custom LCD density... here's some more info: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1228172

I had very same issue. Some apps worked after baking a new ROM using default build.prop instead of modified one used by default. I'm also using a custom LCD density (200) and everything is working fine.

Cheers,

William

Edited by maddler

Guest dream_th

I'm having security issue with Lock screen and Voice Talk/Control.

I have Pin setup for security but if i double tap home button when on lock screen i get the Samsung's Voice talk then i can pres home again an have unlocked phone!!! Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest gluttony

I had very same issue. Some apps worked after baking a new ROM using default build.prop instead of modified one used by default. I'm also using a custom LCD density (200) and everything is working fine.

Cheers,

William

Can you check to see if HD camera on the market has a download button (if you dont have it already of course)... i had the same with appbrain not having a button too.

may be worth me changing the build.prop if its okay...

cheers

Guest BatfinkUK1

Kitchen still seems broken.

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

There are currently no servers available to service your request due to a high number of builds currently in progress - please try again later.

smile.gif

Edited by BatfinkUK1

Guest Romain Poulenard

I want to use kitchen for create my rom but I don't havve access

I buy ad free + online kitchen since 2weeks and I'm just "member" yet.

Paul ignore my tweet and support request since 2 weeks to help me.

Anyone can help me?

Guest carblanco

Hi all,

I've installed de 2nd prebaked ROM Gr5 (vanilla edition) and now I have 2 calendars, the Samsung one and the Google stock. All events and notifications are duplicated so how I can remove the Samsung one?

Also as I'm using a MVNO I have the roaming icon up there and I have to check the data on roaming option. Is there anyway to change this behavior?

Thanks.

Guest Co.Ag.05

Hi all,

I've installed de 2nd prebaked ROM Gr5 (vanilla edition) and now I have 2 calendars, the Samsung one and the Google stock. All events and notifications are duplicated so how I can remove the Samsung one?

Also as I'm using a MVNO I have the roaming icon up there and I have to check the data on roaming option. Is there anyway to change this behavior?

Thanks.

I used titanium backup to freeze the Samsung calendar, and now all I have is the AOSP calendar and its notifications. I'm not sure about your other question.