Revert to Gen 1 Radio Firmware

Guest red321z

Guest red321z

I was finding that after an upgrade to gen2/GSF, my idle (no wifi,no data) blade was only entering deep sleep half the time, cpu spy shows 60% 122MHz, 40% deepsleep. Changing to 3G without any other changes, it deep sleeps most of the time. I thought the behavior was new to the gen2 radio firmware. I wanted to go back to gen1 to check this out.

I reverted using Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip, and installed ssr5 again, and assumed that I have reverted the radio firmware. However the Baseband Version still shows up as P729B01, same as when I was in gen2/GSF.

How do I check the firmware I am using ?

Better still is there anybody who can confirm/deny the GSM/WCDMA sleep behavior, and whether it is firmware dependent so I can stop messing with it :-) ?

Edited by red321z

Guest red321z

You can check if you are using the Gen 1 or Gen 2 firmware by downloading the Mr Pigfish app from the Market.

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure whether Mr pig fish was telling me I had gen1 memory layout, or gen1 firmware. So what does the baseband version mean then ??

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure whether Mr pig fish was telling me I had gen1 memory layout, or gen1 firmware. So what does the baseband version mean then ??

Your radio downgraded when you used the tpt! (the gen2->gen1 tpt)

And all I can tell you is the last two digits are like the hardware version of the phone. Im pretty sure b01 is the oldest, then b05, I have b08, b10 had some problems, and now there are b15 and possibly b20's, I dont remember. But its basically how new the hardware on your phone it.

HOWEVER. I think it is not relevent to your phone, as the tpt comes from a dump from a different phone. Once changing from the stock firmware, I think your baseband version can never be restored to its original, unless you backed up your stock firmware!