[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest phil8715

thnx.. :) it worked.

but no luck using spb. it won't load. too bad.

At least the Amazon Kindle app works now. I am going on holiday tomorrow and will be using the Kindle app as I have a long train journey tomorrow.

Edited by phil8715

Guest BTatHome

The love affair with vegacomb has come to an end for me.

Have been updating for a while now, from B5 to B6 and then to B7 (via the patch), I then had an issue with google account not working, so decided to a full install instead. Now I get the continuous reboot (splash screen-reboot-splash screen etc etc).

Don;t seem to be able to get to any version of Vegacomb now. updates to corvus fine but vegacomb just won;t work anymore on mine.

Guest ViPaSoft

Posted this on Tabletroms and thought I'd ask it here too as knowledgeable inhabit both sites fully.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just noticed, (and haven't noticed anyone post about it, unless I missed it among the 670+ posts), the BLUE LIGHT is back.

I just counted it on for 20 seconds, then off for 50 seconds and then back on for 5 seconds then off again for 40 seconds then back on again for 15 seconds, etc, etc, etc.

Could this be contributing to the weaker battery life that some people are seeing. I have notice that I used to be able to take it full charge in the morning and use it a fair bit during the day and still have 30%+ when placing it back in the dock. Now that I'm on Vegacomb, I have to place it back on charge again early evening or during the day so that it lasts me the night.

Hope the BLUE LIGHT is the cause and it can be sorted.

Thanks again for a great ROM, despite this annoyance, it's my ROM of choice now. (Using Build 7 by the way).

Edited by ViPaSoft

Guest casey99

Have been updating for a while now, from B5 to B6 and then to B7 (via the patch), I then had an issue with google account not working, so decided to a full install instead. Now I get the continuous reboot (splash screen-reboot-splash screen etc etc).

Don;t seem to be able to get to any version of Vegacomb now. updates to corvus fine but vegacomb just won;t work anymore on mine.

Have you seen the post by Newbe5 over at tabletroms about the reboot problem?

If you go to page 63 of the 3.2 thread (post 626) there is a possible solution there.

Guest premieral

Posted this on Tabletroms and thought I'd ask it here too as knowledgeable inhabit both sites fully.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just noticed, (and haven't noticed anyone post about it, unless I missed it among the 670+ posts), the BLUE LIGHT is back.

I just counted it on for 20 seconds, then off for 50 seconds and then back on for 5 seconds then off again for 40 seconds then back on again for 15 seconds, etc, etc, etc.

Could this be contributing to the weaker battery life that some people are seeing. I have notice that I used to be able to take it full charge in the morning and use it a fair bit during the day and still have 30%+ when placing it back in the dock. Now that I'm on Vegacomb, I have to place it back on charge again early evening or during the day so that it lasts me the night.

Hope the BLUE LIGHT is the cause and it can be sorted.

Thanks again for a great ROM, despite this annoyance, it's my ROM of choice now. (Using Build 7 by the way).

No blue light for Me?

So far no other problems either everything I need works beautifully, loaded vc6 over modded stock 1 as I couldn't get to my PC to flash modded 2 and it works great, updated with the patch v7 this afternoon after just wiping dalvik and again still smooth and fast. No fc no issues, changed browser to dolphin and keyboard to hackereverything else as rom.

Great work guys just immense

Hi guys , first off , thanks for making this rom, its brilliant . I only have one problem and a few questions if anyone has the answers.

When the vega goes into stand by, and then comes out, it crashes, the screen goes unresponsive and i have to do a had shut down. One timethis wrecked the os and itwouldnt load past the boos screen. Any ideas why?

Another questions is will future updates be a cwm or will we have to reflsh, just everytime i do i lose app etc and i cant get them back from the sd card.

once again this is a brilliant rom, andhas come so far! Thanks again guys.

I've had some problems getting Build 6 and Build 7 to install and run reliably, with quirky faults appearing here and there, especially on reboot. I strongly recommend that you fully charge your Vega until the blue light remains on, the keep the power adapter connected while you install the v2 modded stock ROM and Vegacomb.

Your other problem is much easier. I took a backup of build 6 using CWM, then after installing build 7, I used the advanced restore option in CWM to restore only the data (which includes all your apps).

Guest Durbybard

Hiya, ok, this is how i install all my roms now...

1) Backup your stable rom first.

2) NVFlash the original 1.10 stock rom first, boot into it, then power down reboot into stock rom (why, cos as with any flashing/reflashing, you never know if the first boot has setup everything properly and only a couple of mins to do another boot)

3) NVFlash the modded stock rom v2 and as in step 2 do 2 boots of the system (may do some tests with wifi/browser/screen making sure it works)

4) Run recovery into clockworkmod and do the 3 wipes (cache partition, data/factory reset and dalvik cache) and then install my Vegacomb rom, again doing 2 boots to make sure all is ok.

i do not use a nand backup of a modded stock rom or stock rom, i always do a complete fresh install to make sure everything is ok.

If you are still having problems, backup you memory card data (i.e. pics/music/apps/roms/clockwork backups etc) then do a format of sdcard in clockworkmod (may help, may not, but worth a try)

Other than that, if all else fails, then i'm stumped...

Chris...

Guest Minimonkey

I had a similar problem, a full charge worked for me or try it with the power in.

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest Durbybard

Just picked this info up from Tabletroms from Newbe5, may help/answer a few problems people are having...

OK, so a quick explanation of the issues some people are having with rebooting, or some otehr strange issues:

Pretty much EVERY vega will have bad blocks somewhere on the NAND. For most of us (definately me, and HomerSP), these bad blocks are in the space in NAND that is used by /data. Since the system automatically avoids these blocks, you will probably never notice there is a problem.

However, for those unlucky few, your bad blocks may be in the area of NAND which is used by /system. In the original Stock ROM, and most other 2.2 ROMS, there is plenty of space left in the /system partition, so the system can easily aoid these blocks. But for VegaComb 3.2, alsmot all of the /system partition is required to fit the ROM in, and so those of you with bad blocks have a problem where they can no longer be avoided. This can cause very strange problems, including the reboot issue some people have mentioned.

To possibly get around this, you can try using ModdedStock v1. This allocates a slightly larger /system size, and may help you avoid these problems, but only do this if using v2 fails for you.

Please try this and let me know!

newbe5

Hope this helps, also as above stated, some people on tabletroms are finding success with the charger plugged in when doing the steps to get 3.2 build 7 installed

Chris....

Guest arnookie

It's really a NoBrainer to only update your rom when fully charged and with power connected. You should always do that anyhow.

Also when installing a rom never touch the screen until it fully boots into the rom. Far to many times have I seen people stroking and rubbing the screen when installing a new rom especially when it is booting for the first time.

Suppose thats when people notice dirt or marks on the screen and try wiping them whilst they wait.

Beleive me it causes many problems doing that. Just don't touch the screen at all when loading a new rom.

Remembre

1 fully charge your battery.

2 plug into power source.

3 never ever touch the screen when installing a new rom especially on first boot.

4 When installing honey try going from an unmodded stock rom.

5 let it boot with unmodded stock rom fully and play with it. Maybe reboot a second time.

6 Install modded stock 2 and reboot twice.

7 Then install honey

8 Let it boot fully and have a play.

9 Reboot your rom a second time.

10 You should have no problems after that, apart from the problems and odd bugs the devs already know about.

Hope that helps some of you. : O)

Edited by arnookie

Guest BTatHome

Will try again later but tablet was fully charged and had power plugged in too and always do wipes at each flash, so at least it wasn't something stupid.

I saw the comment about bad blocks, but find it strange that this only started in the very last update (all previous updates worked fine ... and now all previous updates don't work at all).

Anyway it will have to wait until later as I failed to bring it to work with me.

Guest Paris2011

Hi not sure if this is a rom problem or a server fault but any games using openfeint seems to show a 404 error. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

Paris

Guest professordes

Has anyone had any success with connecting to a PEAP/MSCHAPv2 wifi network (like eduroam) with build 7? It repeatedly scans and disconnects with me.

Also, I take it there is no usb host mode on this ROM?

I'm impressed with speed and smoothness, nice work.....

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, though I'm following for quite a while this vegacomb topic. First let me express much respect regarding the progress of this current build. Thank you very much for that. Install wise (a clean one) I hadn't any problems and build 7 runs very fast and stable, but I have serious problems with my sim card (I use vegacomb with a pov mobii 3g). The phenomenon is, that I can't pass the sim login screen as my sim code isn't accepted anymore (already checked it back with my mobile ... yes it is the right number ;-)) So I had to remove it much to my regret to enter vegacomb 3.2 (No probs with the predecessor vegacomb). Sorry if I haven't read enough through the topic and missed the answer.

Guest ThomasAstor

BBC iplayer Small text 127 Screen

The top of the screen is working now in Market and Gmail. Good. But now the keyboard has some lag. No good :-)

In 7, the BBC I player does not work anymore in Dolphin 6 and Miren. Any ideas to fix that, apart using Opera?

I have found at last an editable large Pictures Frame. Works wonderfully.

Still bothered by the small text in launcher and browsers.. At 127, it is still to small.

Thanks.

T.

Guest premieral

BBC iplayer Small text 127 Screen

The top of the screen is working now in Market and Gmail. Good. But now the keyboard has some lag. No good :-)

In 7, the BBC I player does not work anymore in Dolphin 6 and Miren. Any ideas to fix that, apart using Opera?

I have found at last an editable large Pictures Frame. Works wonderfully.

Still bothered by the small text in launcher and browsers.. At 127, it is still to small.

Thanks.

T.

Just watched dragons den full screen on bbc iplayer using dolphin hd 6 and changed my keyboard to hackers and no lag at all here.

oh and text size can be set to large in browser and if thats still too small set zoom level higher :) Nil desperandum :D

Edited by premieral

Guest ThomasAstor

Just watched dragons den full screen on bbc iplayer using dolphin hd 6.

text size can be set to large in browser :) Nil desperandum :D

When I click on Play, the screen lights up and goes back to Play. Rather strange. Happens on Dolphin and Miren

Like I mention in a previous message, I have increased the text to large in browsers and gmail. Still, the rest remains small.

I do not despair, I am finding a solution :)

Still, I intend to find a solution to the iplayer.

Guest Durbybard

Hiya....

Anyone else having this problem too, tilt your vega so camera is away from you and next to it you see a blue light on, on modaco R8 it's not there...

Also wifi seems to be eating my battery (including the blue light thing above) as i lost over 30% of battery over night on standby (aka quick press on power button to turn screen black), where as with modaco R8 i would lose 5% if that doing the same thing.

Other than those mentioned and no facebook app, i love this rom, can't keep away from it.

I understand this is still a beta rom, but I have done a complete reinstall of the rom to see if the above problems are resolved, (blue light still there) and not sure on wifi as about to set it back up.

Anyway, pay day next week, will try wing some small donation your way for your hard work as it's much appreciated by myself and i guess everyone with a Vega.

Chris.....

Guest premieral

Hiya....

Anyone else having this problem too, tilt your vega so camera is away from you and next to it you see a blue light on, on modaco R8 it's not there...

Also wifi seems to be eating my battery (including the blue light thing above) as i lost over 30% of battery over night on standby (aka quick press on power button to turn screen black), where as with modaco R8 i would lose 5% if that doing the same thing.

Other than those mentioned and no facebook app, i love this rom, can't keep away from it.

I understand this is still a beta rom, but I have done a complete reinstall of the rom to see if the above problems are resolved, (blue light still there) and not sure on wifi as about to set it back up.

Anyway, pay day next week, will try wing some small donation your way for your hard work as it's much appreciated by myself and i guess everyone with a Vega.

Chris.....

blue light has been mentioned before but i dont have it,it was a major bug bear for some when newbe and corvus first launched corvus rom, then the work round was to switch camera on and off that turned it off but now of course there is no camera.

strange how i havent got it tho, would eb interesting to know how many have and see what the common link is.

i ran this rom from cm7 and loaded it over modded stock 1 not 2 and i have absolutely no issues at all, link2sd works fine, wifi scans and connects quickly and all my apps and widgets work well, including beautiful widgets weather which manages to track my location perfectly.

cant thank you enough Vegacomb team

regards

Al

i was also getting the blue light.. on corvus and vegacomb 3.2 b6/7

dont like the fact that spare parts isnt working, and i cant change the end butten behavior. :) too bad..

Guest premieral

When I click on Play, the screen lights up and goes back to Play. Rather strange. Happens on Dolphin and Miren

Like I mention in a previous message, I have increased the text to large in browsers and gmail. Still, the rest remains small.

I do not despair, I am finding a solution :)

Still, I intend to find a solution to the iplayer.

Stupid question I know but you have installed flash player ?

If so I would be happy to compare settings to see why mine is working without issue and yours wont thomas

blue light has been mentioned before but i dont have it,it was a major bug bear for some when newbe and corvus first launched corvus rom, then the work round was to switch camera on and off that turned it off but now of course there is no camera.

strange how i havent got it tho, would eb interesting to know how many have and see what the common link is.

i ran this rom from cm7 and loaded it over modded stock 1 not 2 and i have absolutely no issues at all, link2sd works fine, wifi scans and connects quickly and all my apps and widgets work well, including beautiful widgets weather which manages to track my location perfectly.

cant thank you enough Vegacomb team

regards

Al

Yes, the blue light has been mentioned before, but it shouldn't be there. Basically, it means your installation didn't go perfectly. The explanation from Newbe5 is that nearly all Vegas have bad blocks in The nand memory. The system avoids bad blocks, but Vegacomb fill up the system partition and if you have a bad block in that partition,it might get used,causing odd faults. He recommends using V1 of the modded stock ROM because the system partition is bigger.

Guest simonta

I've had the blue light on ever ROM I've ever installed. Take your Vega into a completely dark room and peer up under the camera. You'll see it.

Personally, I think it's a non issue and I encourage people to not clog the forums and let the Team work on important stuff. This LED is probably running on 3 or 4v and drawing something like 20 or 30mA. The Vega battery could power it for weeks. I'm surprised that people think that a 30% drop on standby is unusual. WiFi, and all of the background apps running, take a lot of power. Change your Wifi sleep policy and/or stop apps updating in the background and you'll see battery life gains many times more significant than the blue LED thing.

Hi guys,

Just a quick one and sorry for asking a question about installation, I have been somewhat out of the loop for a few weeks due to work. Currently running vegacomb 1.7, does this mean I already have modded stock v2 ? If so, is it just a matter of downloading 3.2 build 7, clearing cache, etc etc and installing from zip ?

many thanks