[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest Bunjit

LCD,Density doesnt do much good in build 6, yes it does change dpi, but at the same time it breaks WIFI, which inly works after a reboot and then your back at the wrong resolution.

Better off changing the build prop file in the system folder within the zip to whichever dpi you require and then flash that.

This way is easier to change DPI settings and allows you to change as much as you like on the fly without re-flashing:

It's very easy, and fast enough to test until your hearts content:

1. Download ES File Explorer from the market (free!)

2. Open ES, go to /settings - Check Root Explorer, Check Mount file system options

3. Navigate to home/System in ES

4. Select build.prop and openin ES note Editor (if you just get darkened screen, tilt device and menu will appear)

5. Scroll down and change the density line to suit: ro.sf.lcd_density={120}

6. Save

7. Reboot

B)

Edited by Bunjit

Guest zzleezz

worked a treat for me this way :)

This way is easier to change DPI settings and allows you to change as much as you like on the fly without re-flashing:

It's very easy, and fast enough to test until your hearts content:

1. Download ES File Explorer from the market (free!)

2. Open ES, go to /settings - Check Root Explorer, Check Mount file system options

3. Navigate to home/System in ES

4. Select build.prop and openin ES note Editor (if you just get darkened screen, tilt device and menu will appear)

5. Scroll down and change the density line to suit: ro.sf.lcd_density={120}

6. Save

7. Reboot

B)

Guest ursulavasey

For those who are getting a blank screen on first reboot, I have a solution to the problem, which I have tried and tested myself. It is basically a case of using modded stock V1 instead of V2, and a couple of other tweaks. This is the procedure:

Started out from R8 (I imagine you can start from any rom, but this was where I was at).

1. Got a copy of Modded Stock V1 from my partner, as he had a copy, and a copy of VC 3.2 build 6 (already had this).

2. Used AUDI to get into recovery mode and reset my drivers.

3. Installed Modded Stock V1 via NVFlash from my Windows 7 netbook.

4. Installed VC 3.2 build 6 (making sure I did the 3 wipes), toggled signature off from the "install from zip" menu.

5. Booted into VC 3.2, set the time and the wifi, but installed nothing.

6. Rebooted into recovery from the on/off button on the top of the Vega.

7. Screen went blank, no recovery menu (which I expected).

8. Pressed the on/off button to go into CWM.

9. Wiped ONLY the cache (nothing else - I did not clear user data, nor did I wipe the Dalvik cache).

10. Rebooted back into VC, whereupon there was a short delay before it booted up again.

11. Soft rebooted again via the reboot menu on the on/off button, and the Vega booted up.

For good measure and to check everything was working, I did a full hard reboot (switch off/switch on), and that booted into VC too.

I have rebooted 3 or 4 times since then, using the soft and hard reboot methods, and it has booted every time.

1. I was given this information by Amok on tabletroms forum, I am simply laying out instructions here.
  2. I have tested it extensively and it has worked on every occasion.

Guest dbaseii

Jeeeeez!! This rom (build 6) is sweet. May not go back to corvus 5.

Found that the DPI "sweet spot" for me was 127 which I set by editing the previously mentioned file in the \system directory.

Kindle now works!

Now looking for apps designed for honeycombe tablets. Some animated weather widgets would be nice and a good news widget.

Hope to donate at the beginning of the month

Thanks guys

Guest dbaseii

how did people go from build 5 to build 6??? do you need to do a fresh install or just update ??? cheers

Hi

I downloaded v6 (v5 already installed and running)

The procedure is a little bit tricky on this rom to boot into cwm in my experience.

Hold to hold down the power button until the menu popped up. Choose recovery.

It boots to a backlit blank screen .Give it 10 seconds like this just in case it does boot to cwm .

If it does'nt ...

Hold down the power button again for 6 seconds to power off.

Then power on again. This then boots into cwm.

Then wipe wipe cache partition

Then wipe dalvik.

then install zip from sdcard (the download 3.2 build 6 zip file)

Hope this helps

Edited by dbaseii

Guest jonstone

For those of you not too keen on opera mini, flash etc seems to be working perfectly in Maxthon Mobile for 10" tablets off the market which I much prefer to opera mini myself

Guest newbe5

For those of you not too keen on opera mini, flash etc seems to be working perfectly in Maxthon Mobile for 10" tablets off the market which I much prefer to opera mini myself

Flash also works great in the stocdk browser!

Guest sconie

Just about to try build 6 3.2, I am still on 1.6 right now, can someone give me a quick summary of how I should proceed to re-flash to build 6 3.2, i.e how to backup my apps, re-flash back to standard vega, before installing the new build from my p.c, I still have the original files and audi from the flash from stock to 1.6.

Many thanks, and thanks to all the developers.

Guest jonstone

Flash also works great in the stocdk browser!

Sorry, I hadn't realised as it doesn't work for me I just assumed you still needed to use opera mini. Obviously there is something amiss with my install, I may need to reflash.

Man this Rom is absolute fantastic. Had my Vega for a few days now and had been running corvus 5 but today I took the leap to honeycomb by way of this Vegacomb 3.2 Build 6 and it's just absolutely amazing so far.

Flash also works fine for me in both the stock browser and Opera Mobile.

Thanks to all those involved in working on the Rom.

I can't believe I only paid £199 for a tablet running this sweet

Edited by zba

Guest ursulavasey

Sorry, I hadn't realised as it doesn't work for me I just assumed you still needed to use opera mini. Obviously there is something amiss with my install, I may need to reflash.

Flash works with the stock browser, but Iplayer needs to run through Opera as well to function. I use Iplayer so I was able to check this for myself. It isn't Opera mini you need for Flash, it's Opera mobile.

Edited by ursulavasey

Guest gonzo123

tried to boot today after it went dead and I charged it, got the backlit screen with nothing happening. Gonna try the steps up above to fix it now

Guest gonzo123

For those who are getting a blank screen on first reboot, I have a solution to the problem, which I have tried and tested myself. It is basically a case of using modded stock V1 instead of V2, and a couple of other tweaks. This is the procedure:

Started out from R8 (I imagine you can start from any rom, but this was where I was at).

1. Got a copy of Modded Stock V1 from my partner, as he had a copy, and a copy of VC 3.2 build 6 (already had this).

2. Used AUDI to get into recovery mode and reset my drivers.

3. Installed Modded Stock V1 via NVFlash from my Windows 7 netbook.

4. Installed VC 3.2 build 6 (making sure I did the 3 wipes), toggled signature off from the "install from zip" menu.

5. Booted into VC 3.2, set the time and the wifi, but installed nothing.

6. Rebooted into recovery from the on/off button on the top of the Vega.

7. Screen went blank, no recovery menu (which I expected).

8. Pressed the on/off button to go into CWM.

9. Wiped ONLY the cache (nothing else - I did not clear user data, nor did I wipe the Dalvik cache).

10. Rebooted back into VC, whereupon there was a short delay before it booted up again.

11. Soft rebooted again via the reboot menu on the on/off button, and the Vega booted up.

For good measure and to check everything was working, I did a full hard reboot (switch off/switch on), and that booted into VC too.

I have rebooted 3 or 4 times since then, using the soft and hard reboot methods, and it has booted every time.

1. I was given this information by Amok on tabletroms forum, I am simply laying out instructions here.
  2. I have tested it extensively and it has worked on every occasion.

Do you have a copy of modded stock v1

Guest Gruzagrew

Hi All

Unfortunately I am still here unable to connect to Wifi but now on build 6 with the same problem. It seems I am not the only person with this issue also.

Quick recap.....connecting to belkin router via WPA, all other ROMs, i.e. fuji or stock connect to router fine. (I have flashed back and tested many times). Pprocess taken to 3.2 was:

flashed to stock rom (NvFlash), flashed modstock rom (NvFlash), flashed 3.2 build 6 via CWM wiping everything first. Rebooted and all looks fine but won't connect to my damn router, just loops round scanning, finding ip, connecting then scanning again.

Please help!!!

Guest newbe5

Hi All

Unfortunately I am still here unable to connect to Wifi but now on build 6 with the same problem. It seems I am not the only person with this issue also.

Quick recap.....connecting to belkin router via WPA, all other ROMs, i.e. fuji or stock connect to router fine. (I have flashed back and tested many times). Pprocess taken to 3.2 was:

flashed to stock rom (NvFlash), flashed modstock rom (NvFlash), flashed 3.2 build 6 via CWM wiping everything first. Rebooted and all looks fine but won't connect to my damn router, just loops round scanning, finding ip, connecting then scanning again.

Please help!!!

Could you try changing the channel on your router? Make sure it is channel 11 or below.

newbe5

Guest cpb353

Hi All

Please help!!!

I had this issue yesterday - my wifi connection (wpa) was showing as no signal strength.

i changed my router configuration to 'unsecured' then got my vega connected, then re-set up wpa. the vega then recognised my wpa connection with full strength. i added the wpa passkey and am now happilly using my vega over wpa :o).

hope this helps at least some people.

cpb353

Guest Gruzagrew

Could you try changing the channel on your router? Make sure it is channel 11 or below.

newbe5

Sorry forgot to mention that in the summary......yes changed the router channel to 7 the other day but still the same issue.

Guest Gruzagrew

I had this issue yesterday - my wifi connection (wpa) was showing as no signal strength.

i changed my router configuration to 'unsecured' then got my vega connected, then re-set up wpa. the vega then recognised my wpa connection with full strength. i added the wpa passkey and am now happilly using my vega over wpa :o).

hope this helps at least some people.

cpb353

My signal strength is showing fine but will try this shortly and let you know how I get on. Thanks