Happy days with build 7 :-)

Guest Monleyfish

Guest Monleyfish

With VC build 6 and below, I couldnt post to this forum on my Vega, with b7 I can.

For my purposes, build 7 is useable as an everyday rom. Wireless works fine and seems good with my MiFi. Kindle is great so happy days.

Guest StevieJ99

I'd like to add to that too. With previous ROMS, I'd always be keen to try them in the knowledge that I'd return to modded stock 1.10 (just rooted and with market) when a show-stopper appeared. All the while, appreciating the amazing work you devs do for us.

This ROM is different - it really IS a working solution. The lack of blue tooth is not a burning issue, and the front facing camera has always been useless anyway, since Skype only offers video on a select few phones.

I decided to rebuild from scratch using modded stock v.2, using Titanium Backup to restore those configurations for apps that would be a pain to manually reconfigure, such as Pulse.

I would also like to share that the VTL Launcher available on XDA Developers works pretty well with this build, even though it says "not suitable for Honeycomb". It's not perfect, but is easy to restart from the settings menu if it misbehaves.So I'm pretty happy too right now!

So a big thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make my Vega the tablet I always knew it could be.

Guest bluemotion

I would also like to share that the VTL Launcher available on XDA Developers works pretty well with this build, even though it says "not suitable for Honeycomb". It's not perfect, but is easy to restart from the settings menu if it misbehaves.So I'm pretty happy too right now!

How many of you guys use an alternative launcher with honeycomb? I think the HC launcher looks terrific!

Guest Monleyfish

How many of you guys use an alternative launcher with honeycomb? I think the HC launcher looks terrific!

+1 Here, I love the HC launcher. Still a few problems with some flash sites and not being able to post to forums using Dolphin hd, but the stock browser seems ok when Dolphin won't do.

+1 Here, I love the HC launcher. Still a few problems with some flash sites and not being able to post to forums using Dolphin hd, but the stock browser seems ok when Dolphin won't do.

There's a bit in the Modaco personal settings about using a visual (RTE) editor. You might need to turn hat off for the Dolphin browser to post successfully. You'll have to use the stock browser to change the setting.