[DISCUSSION] [ANN.] TripNDroid Mobile Engineering

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest InSaiyanOne

hi trip could you add the ability to add custom tones to text please as i cant use my fav tone for text messages and only got the ones the rom lets me use

i can change ring tones ok but not texts

Also if you use a messaging app you might want to check it's settings for custom notification tones. I know handcent has it...which reminds me, besides chompSMS and goSMS what other sms apps do we use that aren't default? I had found good one a few months ago but forgot to back it up before flashing a new rom.

Ok back on topic, so I know the camera is (and probably will always be) a special interest area for our x10s after not having a fully working one for so long until someone (cough cough, Trip, cough B) ) got it working. A lot of people post about having an led flash (even though the original camera didn't even have it as a "flash" but instead as an on/off light) but I don't really see too many people ask about regaining the original vol +/- button function to zoom in and out. After using the OEM camera I realize that is a big loss for x10 owners because it really is part of how the phone and it's buttons were laid out.

Anyone know of camera apps that allow those buttons to function the way the original camera does (instead of a brightness +/-)? And if not, what could we do (besides using the oem camera which doesn't guarantee anything) to get it to work? I don't use my camera that much but when I do I always think that we should try to get that feature back.

P.S. I'm glad we're catching on to a good discussion with ideas and opinions. Even if the feature is more of a personal choice for you, if you think it could help a lot of other people then do mention it. Just continue to put a little thought into why it would be good for a majority of owners.

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest t0anh0

Also if you use a messaging app you might want to check it's settings for custom notification tones. I know handcent has it...which reminds me, besides chompSMS and goSMS what other sms apps do we use that aren't default? I had found good one a few months ago but forgot to back it up before flashing a new rom.

Ok back on topic, so I know the camera is (and probably will always be) a special interest area for our x10s after not having a fully working one for so long until someone (cough cough, Trip, cough B) ) got it working. A lot of people post about having an led flash (even though the original camera didn't even have it as a "flash" but instead as an on/off light) but I don't really see too many people ask about regaining the original vol +/- button function to zoom in and out. After using the OEM camera I realize that is a big loss for x10 owners because it really is part of how the phone and it's buttons were laid out.

Anyone know of camera apps that allow those buttons to function the way the original camera does (instead of a brightness +/-)? And if not, what could we do (besides using the oem camera which doesn't guarantee anything) to get it to work? I don't use my camera that much but when I do I always think that we should try to get that feature back.

P.S. I'm glad we're catching on to a good discussion with ideas and opinions. Even if the feature is more of a personal choice for you, if you think it could help a lot of other people then do mention it. Just continue to put a little thought into why it would be good for a majority of owners.

Is zoom working as the exactly the same as point and shot camera (digital zoom)? I felt it does not work like that, it just simply stretch out the picture and crop all part which is not in zoom

Personally, MIUI camera is light and easy to use :), only different betwen MIUI camera vs SE camera is zoom. If zoom is working as above, then i prefer not using it then, I can photoshop or edit picture as the same idea :)

Just 2cents

Guest InSaiyanOne

That's a good point, I used to use a camera that had a digital zoom in it but I think it was one that trip had included in one of the early releases of TripNMiui but I could be wrong. I feel like the SE cam is more of a crop-zoom as you mentioned but again there was one that showed it being "digital" after a certain point. I might of downloaded it from either the market or apktor but I remember it pretty well since I used it at a concert during this Summer.

Guest geordieboy2011

use a software called TONE PICKER... its awesome xD

+100000000000000000000 thanks just d/l tone picker and sored now go texts tones so anoy everyone again lol

Edited by geordieboy2011

Guest Alakasam

any news about release?

ni shi ben dan....

You always keep asking about releases, that's all I hear you say, be patient, if you don't like waiting go to XDA developers and flash one of their ROMs...

Guest jianlin

ni shi ben dan....

You always keep asking about releases, that's all I hear you say, be patient, if you don't like waiting go to XDA developers and flash one of their ROMs...

WTH..i 1st time ask only leh..

Guest TripNRaVeR

Breaktrough!

Finally fount a decent solution to fix all data connection / wifi connection related issues. Previous fix was not so nice :blink:

Guest TripNRaVeR

Status update

The alpha will be released as soon as the following is fixed and no more new issues come in;

- FC when you select "connect" in wifi connections (wifi works tough it gives only FC)

- FC when you select app details in the running services screen (all apps screen dont give FC, there app2sd is possible)

Guest marcjuh2811

Status update

The alpha will be released as soon as the following is fixed and no more new issues come in;

- FC when you select "connect" in wifi connections (wifi works tough it gives only FC)

- FC when you select app details in the running services screen (all apps screen dont give FC, there app2sd is possible)

hey Trip

great work hope evryting will work out as you like ;)

seems you can get evry1 here exited:D

Guest Mykekeul35

Status update

Ok. Thx

Guest geordieboy2011

Breaktrough!

Finally fount a decent solution to fix all data connection / wifi connection related issues. Previous fix was not so nice :blink:

thought it was the firewall app that was on rom blocking it from reconection when signal dropped

as i found once i turned mine off (firewall )the phone and does not have any probs with any data /wi-fi and is always on ???

i went into firewall app setttings and turned everthing off ....

Edited by geordieboy2011

Guest jianlin

thought it was the firewall app that was on rom blocking it from reconection when signal dropped

as i found once i turned mine off (firewall )the phone and does not have any probs with any data /wi-fi and is always on ???

i went into firewall app setttings and turned everthing off ....

coming today?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Yes that it is still working :lol: I want to release this baby as soon as possible but i want to make sure that it is good enough.. So the alpha version doesnt have to got high quadrant scores or that crap but the most functions should be working in a decent way otherwise people are more busy trying to fix them instead of giving me proper status report.

otherwise people are more busy trying to fix them instead of giving me proper status report.

+ 1 for that , though I can‘t give 1 in tapatalk ;)

Edited by Oodie

Guest getjayu

wow!!

waiting for the baby,

Trip, are u thru with testing.

What are your comments about your new work!!!

If you need tester, count me in.

Edited by getjayu

Guest cjsabaki

Looking damn good Sir Trip!!

Time to make an xrec back up of 1.8.26 n charge the phone!! Hehehe!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-1.8.26 using Tapatalk

Guest marcjuh2811

Damn trip

Aside frome making the impossible it looks freaky hot too.

I'm not charging anything and backing up... Even if mij lhone js neir death i'm going to flash it.

Btw is it hard to figure out all the settings combo from the different roms ;) lol

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Hi

Forgive me if this has already been covered; I did a search but couldn't find anything.

XLoud is not working on my phone. Is it actually included with the firmware? Or do I have to install it seperately? It's just in the first post, Trip says it has XLoud.

Guest cjsabaki

All good, the software is included and always on.

Dsp manager or power amp still helps too!!

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-1.8.26 using Tapatalk

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hi

Forgive me if this has already been covered; I did a search but couldn't find anything.

XLoud is not working on my phone. Is it actually included with the firmware? Or do I have to install it seperately? It's just in the first post, Trip says it has XLoud.

The rom isnt released yet.