[APP] TPT Helper

Guest Amphoras

Guest Ar_jay

You can ignore my problem, I managed to get it working by clearing the data in the app, and also going to my SD card and deleting the TPT Helper folder, then I tried again and i worked a charm.

Thanks for the app and support

Guest sandeepkhh

I have got a major prob..pigfish says my phone came with stock gen2 and

Blade checker shows its gen 1 and wad upgraded to gen 2 through tpt....nw m un dilemma to choose tpt

Guest Amphoras

I have got a major prob..pigfish says my phone came with stock gen2 and

Blade checker shows its gen 1 and wad upgraded to gen 2 through tpt....nw m un dilemma to choose tpt

Mr Pigfish just tells you if its Gen 1 or Gen 2, it doesn't tell you which type it is. You should use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs.

Guest Jesta99

The Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs which are used on TPT upgraded Gen 2 phones are Gen 1 style TPTs. You should pick the TPT upgraded Gen 2 option (although it actually doesn't matter as its just setting the type of TPT to use and its the same for both those options). It should be clearer in the next release.

thanks so much for the reply, i actually made a Gen1 TPT and applied it, works perfectly with ColdFusion :)

Fantastic work!

Now I have a serious problem on my ZTE.Skate, which had Cyanogenmod 7.

Under "Create your own TPT", I simply chose 2 / 150 / 288 for cache / system / data.

Shutting down and then restarting the phone using volume+ Menu leads to :

Update from T-flash card (green)

%100 Blue progress bar (blue)

Update successful (quickly disappearing)

Thereafter CWM Recovery v4.0.1.5 sits waiting at its menu.

I had expected "Restoring" messages, but no such thing.

The device doesn't reboot into the OS.

Can I still fix this somehow ? Is there anything I can do ?

The image folder on the sdcard has :

appsboot.mbn

appsboothd.mbn

boot.img

image.bin

nandroid.md5

partition.mbn

partition_zte.mbn

recovery.img

system.img

Can I still apply those files one way or another ?

Any advice ?

Should this also work from ICS ? I tried from "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05", but {volume+ / menu / power} boots into Team Kang again right away.

Guest Amphoras

Should this also work from ICS ? I tried from "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05", but {volume+ / menu / power} boots into Team Kang again right away.

It should work on ICS yes. Is the image folder on the root of your sdcard, and are all the files in it ok?

OK Amphoras, I downloaded your b2 partitioning scheme for ZTE.Skate, had it processed nicely, and now have "AOKPFusionX for ZTE Skate 15/05" running on a 200 MB system partition ready for further exploration. Thanks a million.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leripe

EDIT: I just failed to remember that i had upgraded my phone to gen2, so it gave a ztepack error when trying to make a tpt..

Edited by leripe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matt4321

Found a bug:

When creating the TPT and it gives me the option of what splash image to use, when I choose unchanged (use my current splash image which is a custom one I made), the TPT fails. I powered off as normal then started the TPT and it all said it had gone successfully but when I powered on and used terminal emulator to see how large my partitions were it hadn't changed, I retried and the same thing happened. I don't know what lead me to believe choosing one of the splash images in the app would help, but I did, then on the third try, same partition sizes but choosing the small android logo as the splash image, it worked. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue or my phone is just weird.

Guest HumaDroid

Ok, i create my own TPT (stock GEN 2), but it creates many files in the image directory...

Also only 10 of 12 files pass the md5sum checks...

Whats wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Majkl007

Ok, i create my own TPT (stock GEN 2), but it creates many files in the image directory...

Also only 10 of 12 files pass the md5sum checks...

Whats wrong?

The same problem. I need to change partition to install CM9. Did you solve this problem? Or sbd else?

Thanks for response.

Guest Amphoras

The same problem. I need to change partition to install CM9. Did you solve this problem? Or sbd else?

Thanks for response.

If you make a custom TPT, those two files are changed, so the md5sums for them will no longer match. If it says it finished building the TPT without giving any errors then it should be ok.

Guest Snap.IT

So, i have a gen3 and no TPT's created with this app will work, neither does the TPT's for Gen3 on your site work Amphoras.

The ONLY way i've been able to TPT was via the windows flasher but there is only one version available and that is stock.

Is there any way to make it work for a Gen3 phone or am i stuck with the stock partition layout?

The problem is the same as everyone elses with original Gen3 phones, vertical stripes across the screen and nothing more.

It's like the video driver was malfunctioning or something, the recovery IS there but you can't see it, using it to flash a rom or recover one doesn't help either.

Guest Sulthekk

So, i have a gen3 and no TPT's created with this app will work, neither does the TPT's for Gen3 on your site work Amphoras.

The ONLY way i've been able to TPT was via the windows flasher but there is only one version available and that is stock.

Is there any way to make it work for a Gen3 phone or am i stuck with the stock partition layout?

The problem is the same as everyone elses with original Gen3 phones, vertical stripes across the screen and nothing more.

It's like the video driver was malfunctioning or something, the recovery IS there but you can't see it, using it to flash a rom or recover one doesn't help either.

Original GEN3? Guess it's a Libra?

GEN2 TPTs should be fully compatible anyway...

Guest Snap.IT

Original GEN3? Guess it's a Libra?

GEN2 TPTs should be fully compatible anyway...

They're not, the same end result with ANY TPT for Gen2, white stripes across the screen and nothing else.

I've tried at least 5 different ones. I thought it had something to do with recoverey since if i install 5.5.0.4 i get the same result but even when i include the RA recovery that i normally use in the TPT i get the same result, same thing if i install a Gen2 TPT and flash a known good recovery/splash/boot image via fastboot.

It's bought as a Blade in Sweden, a few months ago, and it came with a stock gen3 rom. Blade checker says it's a gen3. I know from searching that i'm not alone with this problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution to it right now.

The phone itself says it's a ZTE-Blade on the sticker under the battery.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest Pierreism

I'm getting a "Failed to copy ztepack" permission/SU error midway through writing partitions in a custom TPT.

Am I missing something??

Guest b3rvirus

Is this compatible with chinese GEN2 blade with 256mb RAM?

The one that sold in Indonesia with TFT screen, and "ZTE-BLADE" on the sticker behind the batery...

edit: okay, I know that it's not compatible with blade 256

now, is anyone can find me a TPT for blade 256 with 2mb cache?

Edited by b3rvirus

Guest danmanbad

dose any body know if you can use the smallist layout for our blades i think it was something like 98mb but i think i remember reading something about you cant use that size but i could be wrong as i said i cant remember because i want to install the updatable apps to the data section so they update better

thanks of the great app

• 1 month later...
Guest arpit22x

I am on first time to TPT my phone, have a question: Can I take a nandroid backup of installed rom before TPT and restore it back after TPT?

Using TPTHelper, when creating a custom TPT, it always fails to unzip but when I check my image directory, files are there match the md5. Should I go on or what to do?