[ROM][GEN-2] Complete Android Experience 2.3.4

Guest Sami Beck

Guest apuk2004

Hi Guys,

I have changed from CM7 to CAE 1.2 and i am liking the vanilla gingerbread feel of this ROM apart from 3 things...

1) Long pressing and selecting "Input method" crashes when clicking on XT9 input (as mentioned by other posters) - and can't uninstall XT9 input

2) Spare Parts force closes when clicking on "Battery History"

3) Two FM radio apps are present

As a workaround for these issues I have installed the GO keyboard, hidden the old FM RADIO and SPARE PARTS using launcher pro, and installed spare parts +

It would be nice if these issues could be addressed though, especially the apps that crash.

Thanks.

Edited by apuk2004

Guest pushkagun

At once I want to warn that at me bad speech in your language.

After purchase zte blade I always used CM7, but there I was afflicted with small productivity.

I have found yours CAE rom, and I want to tell that is better saw nothing! It is shaking rom. The fastest productivity and the most good collection apk oem.

I want to wish you successes in your business.

Also I want to ask one question:

How at you it turns out to expose the processor on frequency 768Mhz? At me he starts to hang.

CAE 1.2

Guest darktwinkle

This is by far the best rom I have ever tested (1.2) , so thanks.

There is however one major problem I have. My phone is always in roaming mode even on the correct network (Saunalahti). I tried installing saunalahti_ril but then I couldn't connect to any network. Is anyone else experiencing this or could anyone offer a solution. Thanks in advance!

Please try to add Notification Power Widget and Tap to answer (removing slide to answer) such as the one in HTC wildfire.

This ROM is excellent but notification power widget would be a great addition :rolleyes:

Edited by fp30

This is by far the best rom I have ever tested (1.2) , so thanks.

There is however one major problem I have. My phone is always in roaming mode even on the correct network (Saunalahti). I tried installing saunalahti_ril but then I couldn't connect to any network. Is anyone else experiencing this or could anyone offer a solution. Thanks in advance!

+1

i got the same problem. i have Saunalahti too.

Guest domerator

Gps solved (phone replaced), the rom gonna be tested soon again :)

Many thanks for this excellent rom... due to the very unreliable quality of the Blade hardware I changed the model at my provider to a Motorola Defy.

Thank you guys all!!

This ROM is excellent but notification power widget would be a great addition :rolleyes:

Thats right!!! From a good rom it will become the best rom with these minor addons.Why not take the help of FLB froyo who was one the 1st froyo roms to add notification power widget to its rom.Mind you it is still one the best froyo roms out there.:)

On monday i will release 2 new versions of Monfro CAE, with latest kernel (improved performance ): one with Notification Power Widget and the other without.

I am testing today and tomorrow. As now everything is working very well and i score 1870 with Antutu at 786mhz.

Guest cicciopuzzo

On monday i will release 2 new versions of Monfro CAE, with latest kernel (improved performance ): one with Notification Power Widget and the other without.

I am testing today and tomorrow. As now everything is working very well and i score 1870 with Antutu at 786mhz.

Monfro can you made a light version without launcher pro, Notification Power Widget and dialer2? Thanks

Guest Roberto_86

Hi there,

I used CM nightfly 179 before, and I heard its better. I gave a try for it and I think its almost the same.

Comparing to CM I found less setup option but I think its not a big problem, the main things I can set up here too.

I experienced 2 bugs:

- When you setup you alarm the ringing period is only 2 seconds and after that the alarm is still there but it wont give a sound.

- GPS is not operating well, I tried to install Igo and its completely lost, not finding any sign. (CM applies the same - no GPS)

While I was installing the CAE 1.2, I wiped the cache and deleted everything what I can.

Do you have any idea?

Hi there,

I used CM nightfly 179 before, and I heard its better. I gave a try for it and I think its almost the same.

Comparing to CM I found less setup option but I think its not a big problem, the main things I can set up here too.

I experienced 2 bugs:

- When you setup you alarm the ringing period is only 2 seconds and after that the alarm is still there but it wont give a sound.

- GPS is not operating well, I tried to install Igo and its completely lost, not finding any sign. (CM applies the same - no GPS)

While I was installing the CAE 1.2, I wiped the cache and deleted everything what I can.

Do you have any idea?

for the alarm I think its a problem with ZTE alarm. I use myClock now and that works fine. try it, its free on the market

Guest Roberto_86

Thanks, that was a useful hint (as I know it was working with different software before) but myClock is working fine now.

Any hints\ideas on GPS problem?

I think its quite annoying that GPS is not operating, Actually its more important than some kind of "fancy" features.

for the alarm I think its a problem with ZTE alarm. I use myClock now and that works fine. try it, its free on the market

Guest sheltercafe

Hi!

So yesterday tried few roms on my Blade (Gen2). Seems yours 1.2 is the most smooth and fast. Hah realy great android experience) ))

But mentioned few bugs there.

1. Alarm clock rings only once. Actualy nearly missed my job today because of it) anu solve?

MyClock runs great!

2. Proximity sensor on my Blade is not working. Tryed to install few apps to solve it but got "kernel does not support" mistake. Did anyone had that problem?

Found all the answers on earlier pages.

great ROM! waiting for updates!

Edited by sheltercafe

Guest kgfilipov

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to the CAE creator! I'm a new Android user, I have ZTE Blade bought from Bulgaria (here it is branded and called GLOBUL Z3). I've been looking for a rom all over the Internet - I've tried GSF, Cyanogen and many others, but I've got to tell you that CAE 1.2 is the best thing I've seen so far. Downloaded it, wiped absolutely everything, and fixed the proximity sensor thanx to the comments in this thread. And the Facebook Sync is working perfectly! Sorry, I know that this is off topic, but I really had to say thank you! And +1 for Sami Beck.

Sorry for my bad English.