[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Docmjldds

Same page my dude. Just was telling op that if bt was what was holding up release yesterday it wasn't a huge deal. Of course it is very important to have it available to you on your device. The context of my statement had to do with releasing this alpha. I,too, have been active on xda(only 800posts) so I have been around a bit as well. We're both going for the same thing.

Thanks

Thanks back. We are on same page. Sorry for any mis communications or ill feelings.

Guest Raycaster3

Thanks back. We are on same page. Sorry for any mis communications or ill feelings.

:D

On a different note I know I posted a bit earlier about receiving small mms pics from others. I know it has been am MIUI and sensation custom rom thing. Has anyone found a proper fix? Or one that is effective over another?I know there are a cpl options out there and was wondering if anyone has tried any of them.

Guest Docmjldds

:D

On a different note I know I posted a bit earlier about receiving small mms pics from others. I know it has been am MIUI and sensation custom rom thing. Has anyone found a proper fix? Or one that is effective over another?I know there are a cpl options out there and was wondering if anyone has tried any of them.

I wrote out a long reply with links etc and my system crashed here power surge. YUK. Here is a shorter reply. I get 1004Kb MMS messages now on average when I basically edit build.prop as well as the default.xml in system/customize/MNS.

Most OP's are Euro based, so there ROMs are NOT favorable to TMobileUSA users. This is why many complain they are missing wifi calling, or get small pix with MMS.

http://attachments.x...39&d=1315403065

This is a link to a basic build.prop file for USA sers. Notice it refers to HTC Sensation 4G and not sensation Z710e. You have to edit out all the reference with the Z number and change to Sensation 4G. Edit out or remark with # a reference to Pyramid Europe fingerprint. Add these lines you see in the build.prop

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000

ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000

Most are starting to add this tweak.

The other file I mentioned...default.xml in system/customize/MNS has a reference to MMS that needs to say either Nexus One, or HTC Sensation 4G which also will work. Again, any reference to Z710e will mess this up and needs to be edited to simply HTC Sensation 4G.

The problem is you cannot simply edit these files and reboot AFTER a rom is installed. The installation needs to proceed with these in place FIRST. I use WinRar, open up a ROM, edit the files and then repack and rename the exact same name as the original ROM. Would get install errors when I tried to use a different name, as an FYI.

The alternative is to edit these files in an existing rom install, reboot to recovery and wipe /data and reboot, which is why I simply edit the originasl ROM's before installing.

I make sure I choose setting of 1M from the usual choices of 200, 600, or 1000Kb size mms in settings menu for the messages app. You can simply alter the build.prop to use 1M as default if you are one to forget to look at this.

Remember also that many themers have build.prop in their zip files and if they change back to the standard Euro configuration, then all of a sudden one will start to complain their pix are now on a few kb in size.

There is no easy way I know of to do this, short of manually edit this stuff each and every time :(

EDIT...I just looked at build.prop here

ro.product.model=HTC Sensation Z710e

So I would change this to

ro.product.model=HTC Sensation 4G

MIUI doesn't have the system/customize/MNS folder. I haven't even tried any MMS here to see what's up. My references were based on the Sense/NON Sense ROMs on XDA

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Raycaster3

I wrote out a long reply with links etc and my system crashed here power surge. YUK. Here is a shorter reply. I get 1004Kb MMS messages now on average when I basically edit build.prop as well as the default.xml in system/customize/MNS.

Most OP's are Euro based, so there ROMs are NOT favorable to TMobileUSA users. This is why many complain they are missing wifi calling, or get small pix with MMS.

This is a link to a basic build.prop file for USA sers. Notice it refers to HTC Sensation 4G and not sensation Z710e. You have to edit out all the reference with the Z number and change to Sensation 4G. Edit out or remark with # a reference to Pyramid Europe fingerprint. Add these lines you see in the build.prop

The other file I mentioned...default.xml in system/customize/MNS has a reference to MMS that needs to say either Nexus One, or HTC Sensation 4G which also will work. Again, any reference to Z710e will mess this up and needs to be edited to simply HTC Sensation 4G.

The problem is you cannot simply edit these files and reboot AFTER a rom is installed. The installation needs to proceed with these in place FIRST. I use WinRar, open up a ROM, edit the files and then repack and rename the exact same name as the original ROM. Would get install errors when I tried to use a different name, as an FYI.

The alternative is to edit these files in an existing rom install, reboot to recovery and wipe /data and reboot, which is why I simply edit the originasl ROM's before installing.

I make sure I choose setting of 1M from the usual choices of 200, 600, or 1000Kb size mms in settings menu for the messages app. You can simply alter the build.prop to use 1M as default if you are one to forget to look at this.

Remember also that many themers have build.prop in their zip files and if they change back to the standard Euro configuration, then all of a sudden one will start to complain their pix are now on a few kb in size.

There is no easy way I know of to do this, short of manually edit this stuff each and every time :(

MIUI doesn't have the system/customize/MNS folder. I haven't even tried any MMS here to see what's up. My references were based on the Sense/NON Sense ROMs on XDA

Awesome dude. Thanks for the help! I knew of this from before but wasn't sure if it applied. This also answers my rils question. Really appreciate it!

I think this is what I accomplished by flashing the LeeDroid T-MOUS WiFi Calling Pack. His ROM was based off of the WWE ROM so he made this as an add on for US WiFi calling. The WiFi calling app loads and connects, but when on a call I am experiencing the sound cuts off when I hold the phone to my ear. Move it away and sound comes back on.

thanks so much for this.

i was messing around with themes and it seems the signa lock screen is kind of borked. does anyone know a way to get the phone unlocked after you've applied a theme that doesn't work? this is the first time i've had a chance to mess with miui after coming from the dx. miui for that was released the week after i switched.

Guest Docmjldds

Awesome dude. Thanks for the help! I knew of this from before but wasn't sure if it applied. This also answers my rils question. Really appreciate it!

Welcome :) Small MMS here so far :(

Guest Docmjldds

I think this is what I accomplished by flashing the LeeDroid T-MOUS WiFi Calling Pack. His ROM was based off of the WWE ROM so he made this as an add on for US WiFi calling. The WiFi calling app loads and connects, but when on a call I am experiencing the sound cuts off when I hold the phone to my ear. Move it away and sound comes back on.

I read that post of yours before. Haven't had a chance to look at that. BUT...here is an MMS fix that works for us here right now

I am getting 260Kb sized mms pix using this mms.apk file that was posted on a Nexus One MIUI thread on XDA. Don't hang out there much now with my N1 in retirement, but I still have sources I check on :)

http://www.mediafire...y663vs76bmb97hl

Push to system/app and make sure permssions are set correctly. I use Root Explorer. Reboot is a requirement. I am getting strange FC's on occasion with the stock messaging app here also, but this still works. I tested this with handcent as well as GoSMSPro

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Docmjldds

Well it finally happened. I can't send an sms AT ALL no matter what I do I all I get is fc on all messaging apps ibe tried go chomp and stock. Damn

Did you push this file to system/app, fix permissions, reboot and then use another app like handcent. I still get occasional FC's but it still works and I am getting large MMS files too...up around 275kb pix which is decent enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl

Guest Raycaster3

Did you push this file to system/app, fix permissions, reboot and then use another app like handcent. I still get occasional FC's but it still works and I am getting large MMS files too...up around 275kb pix which is decent enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl

I'm going to right now. Man I sent over 100 txts between last night and today without a single fc allmof a sudden BAM! Haha whaybdoni expect? Perfection? Lol I'll try that mms.apk right now. Thanks

Something I notice right away after doing that (before reboot) is I can use chomp as my sms app and no fc at all. But I'm gonna reboot.

That app really jacked the wallpaper in the messaging app. Its a Droid holding a USB cord weird Maine I need to reapply the theme

Edit: reapplying the theme did not fix it. Weird man haha

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Raycaster3

So by using a 3rd party sms app like handcent etc. is the workaround for the sms Fc ?

It just depends on luck I'm thinking haha. I didn't have one fc until I was calibrating my battery. I let it run all the way to zero then it died like usual then reboot, then fc fest on stock messaging and chompsms and go sms and handcent. Sooooooo I restored my trusty nand I had sitting on my as from this morning and poof! All fc's went away again. Don't ask me how. Don't you know I'm magic? Haha!

Go figure!

Guest ronaldramsayii

I noticed that WiFi calling isn't included in this ROM currently. I looked into flashing a patch provide by xboarder over at XDA, but "customize" is no longer a folder that's used in the Sensation. Also I didn't want to flash another build prop not knowing the details of it all.

Guest Docmjldds

So by using a 3rd party sms app like handcent etc. is the workaround for the sms Fc ?

No...use the file I stated. Push to system/app, make sure file permissions are correct. Reboot. You should now have file sizes of approx 275Kb or so, assuming you use menu settings of app of choice and have MMS sizes 1M. Don't go higher. Makes it worse IMHO.

mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl

Guest Docmjldds

I noticed that WiFi calling isn't included in this ROM currently. I looked into flashing a patch provide by xboarder over at XDA, but "customize" is no longer a folder that's used in the Sensation. Also I didn't want to flash another build prop not knowing the details of it all.

Which ROMsa re you referring to regarding Sensation. The Sense ROMs all use the customization folder. MIUI and I would assume CM7 also, do NOT use. I posted a long reply here regarding how I edit the build.prop as well as default.xml. But that works with the Tmobus patches for wifi calling on the Sense ROMs. MIUI and or CM7 is another totally different issue. I haven't had a chance myself to look at this regarding MIUI and CM7. But using the editing I specifically posted will work regarding having wifi calling and the other ROMs here for the Sensation.

Guest ronaldramsayii

Which ROMsa re you referring to regarding Sensation. The Sense ROMs all use the customization folder. MIUI and I would assume CM7 also, do NOT use. I posted a long reply here regarding how I edit the build.prop as well as default.xml. But that works with the Tmobus patches for wifi calling on the Sense ROMs. MIUI and or CM7 is another totally different issue. I haven't had a chance myself to look at this regarding MIUI and CM7. But using the editing I specifically posted will work regarding having wifi calling and the other ROMs here for the Sensation.

The MIUI, CM7, and AOSP ROMs is what i was referring to. I did notice those folders that are in Sense ROMs aren't included. I'm just wondering how can we get it to work, because I generally use it often.

What other phones have WiFi calling on T-Mobile? Does the G2X have it or what?

No...use the file I stated. Push to system/app, make sure file permissions are correct. Reboot. You should now have file sizes of approx 275Kb or so, assuming you use menu settings of app of choice and have MMS sizes 1M. Don't go higher. Makes it worse IMHO.

mediafire.com/?y663vs76bmb97hl

ok thanks