New to U8800H! Questions about firmware

Guest ochentay4

Guest ochentay4

Hi, i recently bought a Huawei U8800H in Hong Kong, and wanted to know if there are any updated official firmware english or spanish, because its filled with bugs and many many thing in chinese (despite changing lagauage on the phone).

My phone has this firmware: U8800H V100R001HKGC104B135

Can I put any U8800/U8800H firmware on it? Are U8800/U8800H interchangable? If not, which i sthe lastest most standard global/english firmware for U8800H?

Thanks!

Guest ochentay4

Hi, i recently bought a Huawei U8800H in Hong Kong, and wanted to know if there are any updated official firmware english or spanish, because its filled with bugs and many many thing in chinese (despite changing lagauage on the phone).

My phone has this firmware: U8800H V100R001HKGC104B135

Can I put any U8800/U8800H firmware on it? Are U8800/U8800H interchangable? If not, which i sthe lastest most standard global/english firmware for U8800H?

Thanks!

Hi, as nobody ansewer yet, I found out they U8800 & U8800H are not firmware interchangeable. So Im on the quest of finding out the latest and best firmware for U8800H, and it appears that this one U8800H V100R001C00B136CUSTC38D001 (Malaysia MAXIS) is the correct one. The problem is that I cant download it anywhere (the links are invalid or down).

Could someone help me please?

Guest shanewaz

Just out of interest, where did you get the phone in HK? I'm heading over next weekend and my friend who lives there is looking to buy one. Is it locked in to PCCW or is it sim free? Also, is it still quadband and does it need unlocking?

Guest ochentay4

Just out of interest, where did you get the phone in HK? I'm heading over next weekend and my friend who lives there is looking to buy one. Is it locked in to PCCW or is it sim free? Also, is it still quadband and does it need unlocking?

I thought someone was going to help me....

I bought it in www.merimobiles.com, its quadband and unlocked. Its U$S 259.

I thought someone was going to help me....

I bought it in www.merimobiles.com, its quadband and unlocked. Its U$S 259.

You mean this one here?

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri0654.htm

That is the normal X5 (U8800).

List Price: $499.99

Our Price: $329.99

Sale Price: $259.99?????????????????

In portugal costs €149,90since 1st day on sale....C'mooooon

Theres very little information about that U8800H and in portugal is just speculations and not in sale at the moment. Neither Huawei knows where can we buy it lololol

To be honest I start asking my self if that model really exists or is a mith....

Edited by PJ77

Guest ochentay4

You mean this one here?

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri0654.htm

That is the normal X5 (U8800).

List Price: $499.99

Our Price: $329.99

Sale Price: $259.99?????????????????

In portugal costs €149,90since 1st day on sale....C'mooooon

Theres very little information about that U8800H and in portugal is just speculations and not in sale at the moment. Neither Huawei knows where can we buy it lololol

To be honest I start asking my self if that model really exists or is a mith....

I confirm that I have a U8800H bought there in Merimobiles. Its expensive, but its unlocked/sim free.

Well, lets go back to topic.

Im willing to test a U8800 firmware if someone could help me how can I recover to U8800H stock firmware in case things go bad.

Guest NeostarNeko

What ever you do DON'T flash a U8800 firmware on the U8800H as they have different signal antennas. What I suggest you do is find firmware that is made specifically for the U8800H. Also try looking on the XDA forum as some people there have this particular model.

Different antennasignal and most important different CPU.

The roms are developed according to each device hardware specs.

U8800 and U8800H are very different so no compatibility at all.

Guest ochentay4

Thank you all. Someone in XDA forums handed me U8800H V100R001C00B136CUSTC38D001 (Malaysia MAXIS) and flashed it with no problems. Good that I did not flash U8800 firmware....