Broken Vega, stripped

Guest removed-14

Guest removed-14

Well as some of you know, I clumsily stood on my Vega a while ago. I've tried to fix it but to no avail. I've now stripped it down and plan on using the bits for some other projects. I'm selling the bits that might be useful to other Vega owners. Check the links in my signature.

As for the projects, I was thinking of putting the Vega's internals into a custom case and making a kind of mini Android computer, plugged into an HDTV. Any other suggestions?

Guest richardmlea

Well as some of you know, I clumsily stood on my Vega a while ago. I've tried to fix it but to no avail. I've now stripped it down and plan on using the bits for some other projects. I'm selling the bits that might be useful to other Vega owners. Check the links in my signature.

As for the projects, I was thinking of putting the Vega's internals into a custom case and making a kind of mini Android computer, plugged into an HDTV. Any other suggestions?

Nice idea. With a rom that supports mice and keybord you could make a nice little media centre computer for a bedroom. There's thinking outside the box/Vega case :D .

Is the touch screen functioning at all? If its still working but cracked you could cover it with a plastic skin so you could still use it as an interface for the new media computer.

Guest vega2219

Oh friend is a bad situation , my advent is in the same situation but my srcreen work good , is the touchpanel broken , the touchpanel works great but is broken , it's a shame the tablet with the screen broken , if you stippe the vega , you can change with me te touchpanel? i will pay you.

See you , thanks!

Guest stephen337

I have been toying with the idea of removing the glass screen and sticking to the underside of a glass table. Does anyone know what the maximum thickness of the glass can be and still respond to touch?

Edited by stephen337

Guest vega2219

I have been toying with the idea of removing the glass screen and sticking to the underside of a glass table. Does anyone know what the maximum thickness of the glass can be and still respond to touch?

I'm not sure that it will work, you can try to put the glass under a fine glass table.

Hi sorry to hear youve broken your vega, if you dont manage to find a use for the digitizer/glass would you sell it? :P ive smashed anhilated! my glass but my lcd surrvived post-862192-0-58991200-1315824509_thumb.post-862192-0-33577500-1315824562_thumb.