MIUI Port for the ZTE Skate

Guest tilal6991

Guest Racerboy

hi i`m from the Racer part of the this forum, would their be a chance of porting it for the Racer when you finish it for the Skate or is that just impossible? i know the lack of ram, processor speed MAYBE an issue but hey if i dont ask we`ll never know....

Guest tilal6991

hi i`m from the Racer part of the this forum, would their be a chance of porting it for the Racer when you finish it for the Skate or is that just impossible? i know the lack of ram, processor speed MAYBE an issue but hey if i dont ask we`ll never know....

It's possible but unlikely - the graphics in MIUI are HDPI but the Racer is an MDPI device... That, more than processor, would cause a problem.

Guest Racerboy

It's possible but unlikely - the graphics in MIUI are HDPI but the Racer is an MDPI device... That, more than processor, would cause a problem.

well if your up for the challenge that would be great, if not then no sweat, hats off to you for getting this far with porting ROMS

Guest tilal6991

well if your up for the challenge that would be great, if not then no sweat, hats off to you for getting this far with porting ROMS

I have no experience whatsoever in graphics - I'm rubbish at it. You could try it - it would be easier as well since you actually have the device. All you need to do is to replace the lib and the bin and the xbin folders of MIUI with the ones from your device's CM7.

Guest Racerboy

I have no experience whatsoever in graphics - I'm rubbish at it. You could try it - it would be easier as well since you actually have the device. All you need to do is to replace the lib and the bin and the xbin folders of MIUI with the ones from your device's CM7.

sry for going off-topic with your thread :)

1 question

i assume that would involve modifying/writing new kernal for racer for that to work?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest tilal6991

sry for going off-topic with your thread :)

1 question

i assume that would involve modifying/writing new kernal for racer for that to work?

No - the same kernel as CM7 should work. MIUI is basically a prettier version of CM7 - the code base is (essentially) the same.

Guest Racerboy

No - the same kernel as CM7 should work. MIUI is basically a prettier version of CM7 - the code base is (essentially) the same.

cool, i look forward to tinkering with your ROM when its ready :)

Guest Frankish

Is that really all there is to porting it? Sounds a little too easy. For the X10 the guys have to port from a Nexus rom! lol

Guest PedroVader

Is that really all there is to porting it? Sounds a little too easy. For the X10 the guys have to port from a Nexus rom! lol

Interesting indeed, which MIUI device version would you suggest for the Skate then?

Guest PedroVader

Probably should just go with N1 again. It's the same resolution,..

In for a penny eh?

swapped the files as suggested....

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

E:Error in /sdcard/miuiandroid_N1-1.9.16.zip

(Status 0)

Installation aborted

Can't be a simple as a file swap, or am I missing something else...all new to me, only ever install roms, but I'm curious on this one

Guest Frankish

To be honest I think there has got to be more to it. I've read a quite badly written guide on porting miui and there is more to it than what tilal is suggesting. As far as I can tell.

Guest PedroVader

I think I know exactly the guide you mean, saw it on here, and on XDA, too much for me to digest, might give it a read over the weekend, see if I can make any sense of it.

Meanwhile, keeping my ears and eyes open for anything new on the Skate horizon, I think it's a slow burn right now, but the Blade started the same way. Me personally, I really like mine, overpriced or not.

Pete

Guest Frankish

I can't see there being a port. I thought you would need access to MIUI source or at least have an existing MIUI rom for a device with the same chipset and gpu? There are no armv6 miui roms are there?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I can't see there being a port. I thought you would need access to MIUI source or at least have an existing MIUI rom for a device with the same chipset and gpu? There are no armv6 miui roms are there?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're correct - a MIUI port for the armv6 chipset is going to fry your gray cells long before you realize you're running out of 'em... and make hairs grow in places you never thought of! MIUI is more geared towards armv7 chipset ..... so good luck to those who attempt to port it to armv6 :P

Guest Frankish

You're correct - a MIUI port for the armv6 chipset is going to fry your gray cells long before you realize you're running out of 'em... and make hairs grow in places you never thought of! MIUI is more geared towards armv7 chipset ..... so good luck to those who attempt to port it to armv6

Thanks. I'm not going mad then!