CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

<br />hi all .... which all apps and games are u using in this beta....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

here:

Adobe reader - ok

Android VNC - ok

Camera 360, sometimes crash

Google Googles, ok

Google Sky Map, ok

Lockscreen Calendar, ok

MX Player, good

QR Droid, ok

Sensor Test, ok

Whatsapp, ok (drains battery, but not specific problem for this proyect)

Please, confirm that adobe flash cannot be installed

bye!

Guest erikcas

Well,

I did fresh install and applied your latest rev but sensors were not working so I just mixed all your updates and applied and it worked...:)

So there is no rev...:lol:

Yes there is a rev. Rev97. So this proves it is working, because nothing changed exept for the sensor lib. But when I asked to change this (by changing symlink) it was said it was not working.

Tip: If you ever post an update containing modules, please post only modules from one rev and post the zImage with it. Modules from other revs cause versioning errors and are not working.

So use this only with rev 97 zImage.

@ all: if it works for your sensors, use MatriX's update till the next rev is published

Edited by erikcas

<br /><br /><br />

here:

Adobe reader - ok

Android VNC - ok

Google Googles, ok

Google Sky Map, ok

Lockscreen Calendar, ok

MX Player, good

QR Droid, ok

Sensor Test, ok

bye!

thanks for the reply bro .

well which version of MX Player is best for our device ....

u may like ireader.....

Guest erikcas

<br /><br /><br />

here:

Adobe reader - ok

Android VNC - ok

Google Googles, ok

Google Sky Map, ok

Lockscreen Calendar, ok

MX Player, good

QR Droid, ok

Sensor Test, ok

bye!

Adobe flash has issues with our processor (s3c6410) therefore not work, google on it

Guest matriX1218

Yes there is a rev. Rev97. So this proves it is working, because nothing changed exept for the sensor lib. But when I asked to change this (by changing symlink) it was said it was not working.

Tip: If you ever post an update containing modules, please post only modules from one rev and post the zImage with it. Modules from other revs cause versioning errors and are not working.

So use this only with rev 97 zImage.

@ all: if it works for your sensors, use MatriX's update till the next rev is published

Ok...

Here you go...

http://www.mediafire...j7zc2gy2tvte2wz

Just extract and put both files on My Storage and run haret.exe

Reboot once again for better working..

Guest erikcas

erikcas which version of mx plyer is best for our device

Just download MX Player and run it after install. It automatically detects which plugin it needs and asks you to download it

Guest Alchedin

Hiya devs,

First of all my deepest respect for your progress on the B7610, I truly hope you can make it rooted into the phone so we can get rid of this WinMo OS.

Well now, I'm testing this Beta3 for a while now and I'm gonna tell you a story about my phone.

The first time i installed Beta3 was the day after release, it was working flawlessly in my opinion. I downloaded Whatsapp and finally i got a bit more social :lol: also i installed Angry Birds and Fruit slice and some other apps.

So everything went ok, well you think it is.. Now what happened was that I dropped the phone by mistake. Battery flew out of the phone like normal <_< etc etc

Then when restarting Android the whole android "session / install" was reset :(

I got the option to select the start screen again ADW / the other one. And even Whatsapp needed to be reconfigured, but somehow this went corrupted and couldn't connect to the service anymore.

Ok fine i thought i'll do a new installation, now when I reïnstalled the whole thing it seems the updates for the keyboard and sensors / compass aren't updated, also when rebooting back into Windows Mobile the update files are still there (normally they get deleted automatically after applying right?)

Well I thought maybe there are some errors in the hardware or something so I repartitioned and reformatted the SD and internal storage to start the install from scratch again.

Now it seems the problem is reoccurring indefinitely, no working external keyboard and sensors, when i push a key in a text-bar there are several symbols/characters appearing just by pushing one key..

Please advise since it's so strange, and also if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alchedin

Guest erikcas

Hiya devs,

First of all my deepest respect for your progress on the B7610, I truly hope you can make it rooted into the phone so we can get rid of this WinMo OS.

Well now, I'm testing this Beta3 for a while now and I'm gonna tell you a story about my phone.

The first time i installed Beta3 was the day after release, it was working flawlessly in my opinion. I downloaded Whatsapp and finally i got a bit more social :lol: also i installed Angry Birds and Fruit slice and some other apps.

So everything went ok, well you think it is.. Now what happened was that I dropped the phone by mistake. Battery flew out of the phone like normal <_< etc etc

Then when restarting Android the whole android "session / install" was reset :(

I got the option to select the start screen again ADW / the other one. And even Whatsapp needed to be reconfigured, but somehow this went corrupted and couldn't connect to the service anymore.

Ok fine i thought i'll do a new installation, now when I reïnstalled the whole thing it seems the updates for the keyboard and sensors / compass aren't updated, also when rebooting back into Windows Mobile the update files are still there (normally they get deleted automatically after applying right?)

Well I thought maybe there are some errors in the hardware or something so I repartitioned and reformatted the SD and internal storage to start the install from scratch again.

Now it seems the problem is reoccurring indefinitely, no working external keyboard and sensors, when i push a key in a text-bar there are several symbols/characters appearing just by pushing one key..

Please advise since it's so strange, and also if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

It seems you are using beta2 for install. That is why the updates don't dissappear from your my storage (in beta2 the are named frb2upate.tar.gz. If named wrong, the download is not applied and doesn't dissappear)

Did you try redownload the install from the devs site?

Download the latest.

Guest Alchedin

It seems you are using beta2 for install. That is why the updates don't disappear from your my storage (in beta2 the are named frb2upate.tar.gz. If named wrong, the download is not applied and doesn't disappear)

Did you try redownload the install from the devs site?

Download the latest.

Hi Erikcas,

I hoped you will reply and you did! ;)

No I had downloaded the Beta3 from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php and from the google code site the updates Rev75 & 98 each called frb3update.tar.gz (I read instructions very well :lol:)

But somehow the fetch/append command or how it's handled (I'm not really familiar with Linux commands) doesn't acknowledge the .gz or .sh itself, I've also had this issue before with beta2.

I'm following you guys from the start, and you Erikcas in particular... since you're the Jedi for the B7610 development :D

Also I hope i'm not bothering you with an additional question i have? the revision updates you upload, rev. 51, 75 and 98 are those needed to one after another?

So you first have to install 51 then 75 and then 98? With reboots between each of course.

The descriptions are a little confusing.

Cheers,

Alchedin

P.S: we can also continue this in Dutch if needed

Edited by Alchedin

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi Erikcas,

I hoped you will reply and you did! ;)

No I had downloaded the Beta3 from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php and from the google code site the updates Rev75 & 98 each called frb3update.tar.gz (I read instructions very well :lol:)

But somehow the fetch/append command or how it's handled (I'm not really familiar with Linux commands) doesn't acknowledge the .gz or .sh itself, I've also had this issue before with beta2.

I'm following you guys from the start, and you Erikcas in particular... since you're the Jedi for the B7610 development :D

Also I hope i'm not bothering you with an additional question i have? the revision updates you upload, rev. 51, 75 and 98 are those needed to one after another?

So you first have to install 51 then 75 and then 98? With reboots between each of course.

The descriptions are a little confusing.

Cheers,

Alchedin

P.S: we can also continue this in Dutch if needed

Hi alchedin, answering to the last part of your post each new rev containes the previous rev, so you don't have to install all, you just need to install the latest

Guest erikcas

Oh! My compass works now. Many thanks

Good to hear! Still strange, in the end you use the same files as you did.

Only a symlink is replaced by the file it linked to.

Maybe something causes a copy-error??

In the next update only modules will change for filesystem (as it seems now) so this will not apply again

Guest erikcas

Hi, could I ask you, how long does your batteries last with android on? My battery is out after one day of low usage :-( is there any way how to improve this?

That is a very common problem :-(

Guest Alchedin

Hi alchedin, answering to the last part of your post each new rev containes the previous rev, so you don't have to install all, you just need to install the latest

Hi again Erikcas,

Is it also by any chance possible to hard-insert the update file using the startup.txt/default.txt file used by Haret or is this something technically impossible? Otherwise i'll need to get more into linux and manually insert them by extracting the update files into the beta installation.

Sorry to bother you with so many questions :blink:

Cheers,

Alchedin

Edited by Alchedin

Guest erikcas

Hi again Erikcas,

Is it also by any chance possible to hard-insert the update file using the startup.txt/default.txt file used by Haret or is this something technically impossible?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions :blink:

Cheers,

Alchedin

No it can't

Try this:

Rename the frb3update.tar.gz to frb2update.tar.gz

(only this time, if it works, next time you will not have to rename it)

Guest joseromi

Hi

I have installed a few times android in my phone and also changed a few files several times.

Could I delete any of this files or folders?

o2beta (folder)

o2update (folder)

ext4.tar.gz

frb2update.sh

frb2update.txt

log.txt

startup.txt

update.txt

Maybe it is a stupid cuestion....LOL

Thanks

Guest matriX1218

Hi

I have installed a few times android in my phone and also changed a few files several times.

Could I delete any of this files or folders?

o2beta (folder)

o2update (folder)

ext4.tar.gz

frb2update.sh

frb2update.txt

log.txt

startup.txt

update.txt

Maybe it is a stupid cuestion....LOL

Thanks

o2beta (folder) - Can be deleted

o2update (folder) - Can be deleted