CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest Alchedin

CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 report (SD-card installation)

1. Somehow the graphic interface is a bit slower then the CyanogenMod for i8000.

2. Sometimes to screen stays black. Noticed that this only happens when you switch powercord / usb connection when the screen is already black.

3. Screen stays black, but sound play when: receiving sms or whatsapp etc. When receiving incoming phonecall it takes around 5-7 seconds for the screen to come up.

4. Sometimes it disconnects from the provider's network and asks for pincode again.

5. Anything else i can test?

Edited by Alchedin

Guest erikcas
can Anyone use Titanium backup?

Superuser update said "no root access"?

Did you update superuser binaries in its options?

For black screen during call, try to tap the screen. Works with me.

Guest crazyhorse78

Did you update superuser binaries in its options? It exactly said "gaining root access...fail"

SetCPU also said "root access not detected"

Edited by crazyhorse78

Guest erikcas
its a nice feature.....only you can see whos calling by tapping lolz

I see who is calling me before I answer. Rest of the call I know who I am calling with. I don't have to look up that during my call. So I see no problem

Guest joseromi

HI,

Headphones Bug???

Head phone is not working. When I am playing music or videos the sound is still coming from the phone speaker.

How I can change the battery icon? Before I have numbers and its showing the % battery left.

Great job

Guest erikcas
HI,

Headphones Bug???

Head phone is not working. When I am playing music or videos the sound is still coming from the phone speaker.

How I can change the battery icon? Before I have numbers and its showing the % battery left.

Great job

What you describe about headphone is exactly the bug..

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

I used Titanium for backup apps before format sd card.

Working smoothly with new CM but Titanium said "no root access" (in beta3 it worked)?

You can use su binary from beta3 or wait for update from erikcas ;-)

Guest erikcas

You can use su binary from beta3 or wait for update from erikcas ;-)

Well, it is working perfectly on my phone.

@ Crazyhorse, did you fresh install or not? Earlier you stated you have overwritten your Beta3 installation. In that case, first try a fresh install

Edited by erikcas

Guest joseromi

What you describe is exactly the bug..

I don't know exactly, but I plug the headphone to the mobile and try to make a call and the sound is coming from the main speaker and when I play music is doing same, no sound in the headphone.

It is nice to have the battery icon showing the percentage of battery left because we have a lot of battery drain and it is easier to check the battery remaining.

Thanks

Guest erikcas

I don't know exactly, but I plug the headphone to the mobile and try to make a call and the sound is coming from the main speaker and when I play music is doing same, no sound in the headphone.

It is nice to have the battery icon showing the percentage of battery left because we have a lot of battery drain and it is easier to check the battery remaining.

Thanks

You can set battery percentage in settings -> cyanogenmod settings -> userinterface settings -> statusbar settings

Guest crazyhorse78

Well, it is working perfectly on my phone.

@ Crazyhorse, did you fresh install or not? Earlier you stated you have overwritten your Beta3 installation. In that case, first try a fresh install

I have fresh installed (after formating sd card to primary fat32 by partition wizard). However, during installation, I still plug phone to pc through usb cable. Maybe I will reinstall again once more time and run superuser update right after reboot to find what problem is.

It seems that Erik's B7610 is afraid of him, so his phone doesn't have bug like others. I remember in beta3 rev98 works well with him but not working with some others :D

Edited by crazyhorse78

Guest erikcas

I have fresh installed (after formating sd card to primary fat32 by partition wizard). However, during installation, I still plug phone to pc through usb cable. Maybe I will reinstall again once more time and run superuser update right after reboot to find what problem is.

It seems that Erik's B7610 is afraid of him, so his phone doesn't have bug like others. I remember in beta3 rev98 works well with him but not working with some others :D

Well, my phone is afraid for me, seems to be true. Exactly when you realize you are on exact the same files that didn't work for sensor on beta3 for you, but worked for me. Somehow I was right, realize you are on a quite fresh install now and it is working for you too.

But anyway. More people with problems obtaining root access? I count one complaint now? Or did I miss something?

Please let me know.

I'm also missing superuser access, fresh install. Any apk we could try?

PS: Update is runnibg fine for me, phone's been up and running since last night, no problems.

PS2: My SD is class4, is a class6-10 or my storage much (i mean very noticeable) faster?

Thanks

Guest erikcas

I'm also missing superuser access, fresh install. Any apk we could try?

PS: Update is runnibg fine for me, phone's been up and running since last night, no problems.

PS2: My SD is class4, is a class6-10 or my storage much (i mean very noticeable) faster?

Thanks

What happens if you go into terminal emulator, and you type in

su

(followed by enter)

What happens if you go into terminal emulator, and you type in

su

(followed by enter)

link_image[2034]: failed to link su

CANNOT LINK :( EXECUTABLE

Edited by Athlos

Guest erikcas

link_image[2034]: failed to link su

CANNOT LINK :( EXECUTABLE

nice :angry:

will reinstall, try to reproduce

I assume you did a fresh install, no overwriting of beta 3?

Manual or automatic install?

If manual, how did you exactly install? copying or untarring?

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

Fresh install, from the download (not using own altered sources), I have no problems with root access.

If you have problems with it, please mention your exact install method, if you installed manually, please also post your exact install steps.

I just used installer, and I have NO problems with root access or superuser.

nice :angry:

will reinstall, try to reproduce

I assume you did a fresh install, no overwriting of beta 3?

Manual or automatic install?

If manual, how did you exactly install? copying or untarring?

I did a fresh install. wiped patition with mini tool, resized and used the auto sd installer (with your files included of course)

I am willing to reinstall from scratch to My Storage (i have ububtu installed anyway) but i dont know if its worth it, speed wise (SD is 8gb class4)

You shouldnt reinstall for "no" reason, you should focus on Wifi :D

Thanks Erik

Guest erikcas

You shouldnt reinstall for "no" reason, you should focus on Wifi :D

Thanks Erik

This version of CM is a spinoff of my wifi quest :)

But I have "some" standard of quality so to say, I want to understand why it is working for me and not for you. It is as strange as one has cam working and another one has not, while using same sources on same machine.

Please try a reinstall (if you have time and want to, automatic and automate) to rule out copy error.

Edited by erikcas

Guest joseromi

You can set battery percentage in settings -> cyanogenmod settings -> userinterface settings -> statusbar settings

I didn't know this way to set the battery percentage.

Thanks