CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

check if your performance settings are high..in winmo

Yeah! Thanks! I've always kept the setting in "auto", cuz previous installs have worked fine with that setting, but now setting performance to "high" did the trick! B)

Guest erikcas

Yeah! Thanks! I've always kept the setting in "auto", cuz previous installs have worked fine with that setting, but now setting performance to "high" did the trick! B)

Still, it shouldn't matter. I've rebooted thousands of times on "auto" and never had a problem. It might be a workaround, but not a solution.

Still think it is a problem of the cross compiler.

Kernel is compiling

Shouldn't matter. Think it is in the cross compiler

It seems it did :blink: but how it's possible... Now with performance set to "high", it works like a charm... Before that I tried my previous install (on another sd) with the new kernel and it worked. Then I swapped sd:s again, and it didn't boot.

And the new bootlogo is nice :)

Guest Alchedin

No it is not the bootlogo. I rebooted over 1000 times without problems. Not because I like the bootlogo so much but to test things for wifi. The only difference is that I compiled this zImage and kernelmodules with another cross compiler then that I use normally. So that must be the problem.

Oh well, nothing wrong with trying new things. So you're gonna release the zimage later this day or does it take some more time?

How's your colleague doing so far with the wifi by the way?

Did high performance setting myself just by chance and it worked. Good to read I'm not the only one with uncommon initiatives :lol:

But I'd let it go to sleep and it sadly went into SOD again. I thought this was fixed already or not? (don't know exactly anymore)

Edited by Alchedin

Guest erikcas

Please try this kernel and cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Don't forget to reboot (or pull battery if freezed) after booting to android, modules are functional after second boot.

Please let me know if this takes away the boot problem

Edited by erikcas

Guest Alchedin

Don't forget to reboot (or pull battery if freezed) after booting to android, modules are functional after second boot.

With the high performance setting or without it?:unsure:

without + takes away the problem, nice job.

Also would like to add the bootlogo appears Ok, and the boottime is like lightning fast. Maybe it's because of my new high performance SD card but I didn't notice it in earlier try's. Did you change something else?

Edited by Alchedin

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi...i will try the new kernwl...by the way for me it works...just sometimes when rebooting the boot stay blocked on android on omnia 2...i solve this problem by pressing with stylus the reset button...

Great job, now it boots correctly with "auto"-setting B)

But of course i need just to put this update in the mystorage root, not do a fresh install...am i right?

That's correct! And as an addition I've used to renaming previous kernel images like this: zImage.revXX (so that they can be easily restored)...

Guest Isascaboy89

ok thx...trying it...at first reboot all works fine...now i will try serial reboots and post asap

Ok rebooted 6 times in a row and all the six times the boot was succesful...so i have to assume that it works...great work erickas.

By the way it's a bit strange cause cm update is allways there....

One question: is headset fix still necessary?

Edit: maybe i've found why cm is still there...caue is cm_02update instead of cm_02_update...will try to rename it and see

Edit 2: Yes, renaming the file did the trick...no booting problem at all (but i have to say that also before of this i've just had 2 boot problems)

Once again great job erickas

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest erikcas

I can boot into Android althought mine is cm_o2update.tar.gz, do I need rename and reboot?

yes please do. Typo error from my side. Reuploaded zip with correct filename for cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Thanx for sharp input :P

Guest gauravv

yes please do. Typo error from my side. Reuploaded zip with correct filename for cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Thanx for sharp input :P

no errors working nice.....just dialer opens little late...sometimes

Guest erikcas

no errors working nice.....just dialer opens little late...sometimes

Yes, I noticed that also and tried to get some fixes for that.

Usually it opens instantly, but sometimes it has a delay. Seems to have to do something with sqlite (see some errors sometimes). But that is for next release :P

Guest gauravv

Yes, I noticed that also and tried to get some fixes for that.

Usually it opens instantly, but sometimes it has a delay. Seems to have to do something with sqlite (see some errors sometimes). But that is for next release :P

tongue.giftongue.gif okay...hope wifi also get solved soon cool.gif

Guest erikcas

tongue.giftongue.gif okay...hope wifi also get solved soon cool.gif

don't bet any money on it. It has a lot of attention from me and a guy from my work (a hell of a c programmer) but we miss somebody with real kernel-development skills.

Guest erikcas

after several times of reboot, the cm_02_update is still there.

did you rename it? I see cm_[null two]_update or cm_[<capital>"Ooh"two]_update as you put it here.

And does it have ".tar.gz" after it??

The filename should be cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Guest Isascaboy89

glad to see that my "suggestion" is right....

Hope that i can help further..

I've found a problem: when i take a photo and then go to gallery to see it the photo is all black

Edited by Isascaboy89

hello,

if we select the rotatory effect " Lock screen from the scipa mod settings " the the phone goes in infinite rebooting cycle,

Please see the bug,

thanks erickas and others for wonderful beta

Guest erikcas

hello,

if we select the rotatory effect " Lock screen from the scipa mod settings " the the phone goes in infinite rebooting cycle,

Please see the bug,

thanks erickas and others for wonderful beta

then leave it untouched? :)

Guest gauravv

i tried to install skyfire...it works but it says u get video licence free for life....coz ur old user for this device only......:P how the hell they know i used skyfire on winmo earlier

Guest erikcas
i tried to install skyfire...it works but it says u get video licence free for life....coz ur old user for this device only...... how the hell they know i used skyfire on winmo earlier

Phonenumber? Imei? Subscription-account?

Guest Isascaboy89

I've tested a bit this release and it seems to work well...

i've just had a problem with the camera: when i take a photo and i go to the gallery to see it, the photo is all black!!!