CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest centodue

I installed yesterday "Cyanogen Beta 2" and then the "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but after some hour there is always the same problem:

phone reboot and it starts to have endless loop...the boot image appears, there is the vibration, some seconds before to start desktop , 1 second with black screen and restart again with boot image....and so on...

I installed all three times with clean installation:

- twice endless loop

- ones with continue freeze after correct start up of Android: normal operations (open one program, push to switch off display, push to HOME.ect...) create freeze with vertical lines....only solution soft reset. It seems as some corrupted file.

Now I am installing (by clean condition) for the fourth times...so stressing to update contacts and all everytime.... :-(

Guest Isascaboy89

Boot? Don't know what you mean by that.

Root, it should be good, else it is an automatic installer bug.

Headsetfix is not applicable because it is compiled with it.

I mean the update that you release for the ones who have boot problems...

Guest erikcas
I installed yesterday "Cyanogen Beta 2" and then the "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but after some hour there is always the same problem:

phone reboot and it starts to have endless loop...the boot image appears, there is the vibration, some seconds before to start desktop , 1 second with black screen and restart again with boot image....and so on...

- twice endless loop

- ones with continue freeze after correct start up of Android: normal operations (open one program, push to switch off display, push to HOME.ect...) create freeze with vertical lines....only solution soft reset. It seems as some corrupted file.

Now I am installing (by clean condition) for the fourth times...so stressing to update contacts and all everytime.... :-(

Don't install rev105. Proper modules are in the package and proper zImage is also in the zipfile

Guest erikcas

I mean the update that you release for the ones who have boot problems...

What can I release if I dont know what causes the boot problems? I cannot reproduce it and for most it works out of the box. It could be that it is caused by not following the installprocedure every step.

I could supply an init.rc with dmesg and logcat enabled. But then the logfiles should be taken from the android (linux) rootdir with use of an ubuntu or other linux distro. If someone is able to do this let me know.

Guest Isascaboy89

I just want to ay that i have no problem at all with android, my question was asked just because lot of people ask me what update they should place and what not...

Guest erikcas

- twice endless loop

Corrupted SD card? Or internal storage (like mine, I cannot install on internal storage, it is corrupt)

Guest Isascaboy89

- twice endless loop

It's strange...for me it all works well...can you try with a different SD?

Guest centodue

yes, I will try with another SD, I have 2 microSD availables.

In every case before to have problem with beta 2 I was using CM beta1 with NO problem on the same SD that I am using now.

Every time I format completely the SD creating Primary Fat32 partition.

In the fourth installation I tried without "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but after 2 correct start up , android does not start again and it was stopped every time to "android omnia II loading".

After "Kernel-B7610-REV105" android started again to work correctly.

Now , after many hours I have again the continue loop problem...I am not able to have android working and to extract logcat.

I tryed to reinstall other update (for example su.zip to have SuperUser in terminal) but there is not solution to exit by loop

Now I will try with the other microSD and with beta1 on the same microSD always used with no problem.

Guest DrBrains

I am having similar problems.

Booting the first time, but after a second try (doing normal poweroff or reboot via menu) it is stuck at Loading screen. Tried with the zImage from rev. 105 as well. Doesn't help. Tried different sd-cards. Unlikely that we all have corrupt cards and hardware.

Hope this gets sorted. I didn't try the CM1, but the beta 3 ran "without" problems.

Keep up the work... who knows... we even can get ICS to run in the future :P

Guest erikcas

I am having similar problems.

Booting the first time, but after a second try (doing normal poweroff or reboot via menu) it is stuck at Loading screen. Tried with the zImage from rev. 105 as well. Doesn't help. Tried different sd-cards. Unlikely that we all have corrupt cards and hardware.

Hope this gets sorted. I didn't try the CM1, but the beta 3 ran "without" problems.

Keep up the work... who knows... we even can get ICS to run in the future :P

did you apply the cm_o2_update.tar.gz also?

Modules in it and kernel work together

Guest gauravv

hey Erik....if i set performance settings in winmo to high android boots normally....but when i set to auto it hangs...i have tried re-install with new zimage and with or without cm2o2 update file..

i guess the problem may be is that in auto settings winmo set frequency to 600mhz (sometimes) ..thats y it hangs....why i am saying this is if u underclock winmo and start android..it will work on 532 mhz...but if u set around around 600 like 650or 700 mhz it hangs android.....but if u set 800 it will again work....i maybe worng though.

i alwayz used high settings in beta 1 also...but tried auto in beta 2 as u said maybe drain in battery will be less and it was.

Guest erikcas

hey Erik....if i set performance settings in winmo to high android boots normally....but when i set to auto it hangs...i have tried re-install with new zimage and with or without cm2o2 update file..

i guess the problem may be is that in auto settings winmo set frequency to 600mhz (sometimes) ..thats y it hangs....why i am saying this is if u underclock winmo and start android..it will work on 532 mhz...but if u set around around 600 like 650or 700 mhz it hangs android.....but if u set 800 it will again work....i maybe worng though.

i alwayz used high settings in beta 1 also...but tried auto in beta 2 as u said maybe drain in battery will be less and it was.

Never have or had this problem. Allways on auto setting, allways booting. Are you on a custom rom?

Guest gauravv

Never have or had this problem. Allways on auto setting, allways booting. Are you on a custom rom?

in winmo ??....i m on full rom!..

How about battery drain issues, with original (more than 2yrs old) battery I got 5hrs max with one charge, then went and bought 2 new batteries and what did I get... 6hrs :angry:

CPU is set to auto in winmo, and it seems to me, that the phone never actually sleeps. Screen goes off normally, but still it's quite warm especially when kept in a pocket. I do have 4 emails syncd with 15min intervals, but that shouldn't explain that (with winmo battery lasts normally 14hrs with the same usage, tried yesterday running whole day just winmo).

Any ideas?

Guest erikcas
How about battery drain issues, with original (more than 2yrs old) battery I got 5hrs max with one charge, then went and bought 2 new batteries and what did I get... 6hrs

CPU is set to auto in winmo, and it seems to me, that the phone never actually sleeps. Screen goes off normally, but still it's quite warm especially when kept in a pocket. I do have 4 emails syncd with 15min intervals, but that shouldn't explain that (with winmo battery lasts normally 14hrs with the same usage, tried yesterday running whole day just winmo).

Any ideas?

No. I am om gmail and, for testing, on companies exchange. Using all androids standard settings for connections, sync etc

Using mainly facebook, twitter, whatsapp. No energy burning games. (if that is what I want to use a phone for I should buy a native android phone for screendrivers etc, or better, a game console)

I have some 11 to 12 hrs battery time. Which is comparable to my galaxy s2 which I have from my company. Which is syncing the same accounts as my B7610 is.

The galaxy s2 has some 14 hrs battery life. So in my opinion battery life is not that bad at all. Only diff is that the galaxy s2 is using wifi. Will test without wifi this weekend when there is not much company email (want to be cost-saving om data where it comes to my companies phone account)

Are you using any other tweaks? Do you use the beta plain as provided? So the kernel image that comes with it, no I8000 forum tweaks etc?

No. I am om gmail and, for testing, on companies exchange. Using all androids standard settings for connections, sync etc

Using mainly facebook, twitter, whatsapp. No energy burning games. (if that is what I want to use a phone for I should buy a native android phone for screendrivers etc, or better, a game console)

I have some 11 to 12 hrs battery time. Which is comparable to my galaxy s2 which I have from my company. Which is syncing the same accounts as my B7610 is.

The galaxy s2 has some 14 hrs battery life. So in my opinion battery life is not that bad at all. Only diff is that the galaxy s2 is using wifi. Will test without wifi this weekend when there is not much company email (want to be cost-saving om data where it comes to my companies phone account)

Are you using any other tweaks? Do you use the beta plain as provided? So the kernel image that comes with it, no I8000 forum tweaks etc?

No games, GPS, FB, IM's or forum or other tweaks. To deal with this problem I tried playing with SpicagenMod -tweaks few days ago and as a result lost the lockscreen (!), tested just about everything and with lockscreen-apps the display just went off, but the phone woke just touching the screen. So I had to wipe again -> no tweaks this time ... Rev105 patch and kernel-image in use.

I think the problem lies somewhere with the radio power-handling, because where I spend my days I've got very fluctuating 3G-signal. If I keep all data disconnected the phone doesn't get warm at all (at least in 30min testing, that's about max I can be without internet :D).

EDIT: Is there a way to disable push in Gmail? There's no option for check frequency...

Edited by VMZ

Guest erikcas

No games, GPS, FB, IM's or forum or other tweaks. To deal with this problem I tried playing with SpicagenMod -tweaks few days ago and as a result lost the lockscreen (!), tested just about everything and with lockscreen-apps the display just went off, but the phone woke just touching the screen. So I had to wipe again -> no tweaks this time ... Rev105 patch and kernel-image in use.

I think the problem lies somewhere with the radio power-handling, because where I spend my days I've got very fluctuating 3G-signal. If I keep all data disconnected the phone doesn't get warm at all (at least in 30min testing, that's about max I can be without internet ).

Don't recognize phone getting warm. And when you are in a data-stable environment?

I will provide you a test-init.rc later today. It will log your logcat to your phone while it is running. Maybe try that for a day and then send me the log file. Maybe I can find out what goes wrong on your phone while mine is running whithout problems. Maybe you have read-write problems on your sd card or something. We will see.

Don't recognize phone getting warm. And when you are in a data-stable environment?

I will provide you a test-init.rc later today. It will log your logcat to your phone while it is running. Maybe try that for a day and then send me the log file. Maybe I can find out what goes wrong on your phone while mine is running whithout problems. Maybe you have read-write problems on your sd card or something. We will see.

It gets warm even when it sits on my desk...

Before my last wipe I ran fsck on the sd card and it didn't find any problems on it. And phone itself runs correctly, only the battery-drain with data is unbearable.

Do I need to change the whole init.rc or just place:

service logcat /system/bin/logcat -f /dev/kmsg oneshot 

But I need help interpreting the logs :D

BTW, Googling didn't help much about changing Gmail sync frequency, so I disabled gmail-sync and tried to add a new "Corporate" account using m.google.com and .... whoaaaa it worked, now I can sync gmail-account with 15min intervals too B)

Hopefully that helps even a bit, at least with winmo Exchange push drained battery much quicker.

Guest erikcas

It gets warm even when it sits on my desk...

Before my last wipe I ran fsck on the sd card and it didn't find any problems on it. And phone itself runs correctly, only the battery-drain with data is unbearable.

Do I need to change the whole init.rc or just place:

service logcat /system/bin/logcat -f /dev/kmsg oneshot 

But I need help interpreting the logs

BTW, Googling didn't help much about changing Gmail sync frequency, so I disabled gmail-sync and tried to add a new "Corporate" account using m.google.com and .... whoaaaa it worked, now I can sync gmail-account with 15min intervals too

Hopefully that helps even a bit, at least with winmo Exchange push drained battery much quicker.

That is the line in init.rc actually you should uncomment the user root line too.

If you can do that and send me the logfile after in ran a few hours I look into it.

Guest gauravv

That is the line in init.rc actually you should uncomment the user root line too.

If you can do that and send me the logfile after in ran a few hours I look into it.

+1 for heat issue..if u play angry birds is heats fast....but it cools down when data off and screen off........vmz you are rite fluct. signal is causing drain and when opening any site (2g).....it loses 5-6% battery within 5-10 mins...(same was in beta 1 )....

erik i noticed that when we use hardware keys like back home etc...cpu instantly clocks to 800mhz and remain there for 10-15 seconds then comes down even when not running heavy apps.

i am not using any tweaks etc..

Edited by gauravv

Guest erikcas

+1 for heat issue..if u play angry birds is heats fast....but it cools down when data off and screen off........vmz you are rite fluct. signal is causing drain and when opening any site (2g).....it loses 5-6% battery within 5-10 mins...(same was in beta 1 )....

erik i noticed that when we use hardware keys like back home etc...cpu instantly clocks to 800mhz and remain there for 10-15 seconds then comes down even when not running heavy apps.

i am not using any tweaks etc..

That is why , as I mentioned earlier, don't play energy burning games. Use a game console for that.

Again. My reference is my phone and my phone doesn't heat up a bit.

Guest gauravv

That is why , as I mentioned earlier, don't play energy burning games. Use a game console for that.

Again. My reference is my phone and my phone doesn't heat up a bit.

any news for Wifi :P

Guest erikcas

How to increase swap if I have set to 256 MB and the system shows only 128 MB? Thx

And what do you want to accomplish by that?

https://www.linux.co...inux-swap-space

However, swapping does have a downside. Compared to memory, disks are very slow. Memory speeds can be measured in nanoseconds, while disks are measured in milliseconds, so accessing the disk can be tens of thousands times slower than accessing physical memory. The more swapping that occurs, the slower your system will be. Sometimes excessive swapping or thrashing occurs where a page is swapped out and then very soon swapped in and then swapped out again and so on. In such situations the system is struggling to find free memory and keep applications running at the same time. In this case only adding more RAM will help.

Edited by erikcas